ADVERTISEMENT

southern border to be guarded by 5k troops

“BORDER WALLS DON’T WORK”
By Kevin Ryan

In the debate over how to curtail illegal immigration, opponents of a border wall are increasingly basing their opposition on one talking point:

“Border walls don’t work.”

It’s repeated so often, that most newsies don’t even question whether it’s true or not, proving the whole adage “If you tell a lie and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.”

It doesn’t matter whether you are for or against stricter border control, the idea that a large barrier doesn’t inhibit movement is objectively false. Ask yourself if you’d be comfortable with the prison next door getting rid of its walls. Ask a Hollywood star if they’d be happy tearing down that big fence and gate surrounding their property.

And one need only look at Hungary to see the effect that barriers can have on reducing illegal immigration. In 2015, more than 5,000 people a day were illegally crossing into Hungary. So the government decided to construct an electrified, barbed wire fence. In the days following construction, the number of illegals who made it into Hungary dropped by 99.7%. And today, only about 2 people a day are detained crossing the border.

Again, this isn’t so much an argument in favor of building a wall as it is a statement about how intellectually dishonest people have become in their objections to it. If you truly are opposed to illegal immigration, a wall on the border, or even just a fence like Hungary’s, absolutely makes sense. But if you are opposed to stricter border controls, please, there are much better arguments than “Walls don’t work”.

SOURCE: http://www.police.hu/hu
48187074_946386602214002_6241093600034160640_o.jpg

By all means, go with the Hungary model. An electric, barbed wire fence would be a hell of a lot cheaper! [thumb2]

By all means, go with the Hungary model. An electric, barbed wire fence would be a hell of a lot cheaper! [thumb2]
You don’t know that. Most of that border has no electrical infrastructure. You have no idea how much it would cost to build and maintain that infrastructure. Not to mention the lawsuits from illegals who are electrocuted trying to jump the fence and then sue the US Government.

You don’t know that. Most of that border has no electrical infrastructure. You have no idea how much it would cost to build and maintain that infrastructure. Not to mention the lawsuits from illegals who are electrocuted trying to jump the fence and then sue the US Government.

Mexico is paying for the wall, bruh. Who the folk cares how much it costs?!?!?!?!?

Reactions: NinjaKnight

I was being facetious. But that said, I'd bet the farm that an electrified, barb wire fence would be a hell of a lot cheaper the $70 billion to build and $150 million to maintain Trump's wall.

I was being facetious. But that said, I'd bet the farm that an electrified, barb wire fence would be a hell of a lot cheaper the $70 billion to build and $150 million to maintain Trump's wall.
I suppose we’ll never know. I’m not a fan of the wall, tbh. I feel there are better avenues for border security. But a wall is passive enforcement and thus doesn’t create the opportunities for videos that can cause problems for politicians.

Mexico is paying for the wall, bruh. Who the folk cares how much it costs?!?!?!?!?
Haha, you have the attitude down perfectly if you’re talking about our own Government’s attitude towards our tax dollars. I’ve seen it personally on many levels of the bureaucracy. Funding isn’t real money to most of them.

So no one cares about the 7 year old girl that ICE just murdered? @UCFWayne is still posting racist bullshit propaganda like it's no big deal.

Awesome guys.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/na...sis-Shock-Hospital-Officials-502904621.html?o

ice didnt murder this girl as some have said. like i and others have said, this unfortunate death is more on her father than anything ice did in that 8 hour time frame. its a sad and unfortunate story. build the wall to stop things like this from happening in the future.

Your ignorant racist piece of shit ass didn't even bother to comment on it until news came out supporting your racist view point.

You are a disgusting individual who should not be allowed to be a parent.

Last edited:
Yes it's a sad and unfortunate story. No, building a wall will not stop things like this from happening in the future.
walls work to say otherwise is stupid. a wall would stop most people from simply just trying to walk across the border. you would see a massive drop off in attempts to cross the border, thus we would stop seeing things like this happen in the future.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/na...sis-Shock-Hospital-Officials-502904621.html?o

ice didnt murder this girl as some have said. like i and others have said, this unfortunate death is more on her father than anything ice did in that 8 hour time frame. its a sad and unfortunate story. build the wall to stop things like this from happening in the future.

Sepsis doesnt kill someone in 8 hours, and it takes a while before it sets in after the initial problem to begin with. It is the cause of almost half of all in-hospital deaths. Highely unlikely that ICE had anything to do with her death.

Reactions: UCFWayne
another kid died in custody the other day. extremely sad this keeps happening. havent read official cause of death yet.

This publicity stunt only cost tax payers hundreds of millions of dollars. Trillions of dollars in debt is only troublesome when a Democrat is in the WH, right guys?

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Reactions: UCFWayne
Several thousand Central America non-citizens coming towards our border in a caravan and demanding to crossover is an emergency and an invasion. It’s a humanitarian crisis.

Therefore, emergency funds are in order

Just checking in to see if we survived this invasion as a country? Did DC get over run? Are we all speaking spanish now? I hope we pulled through.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Well thats a massive fuking logical fallacy.

People have been murdered in the past, you ok with murdering now?
You’re an idiot. No wonder why half this board has you on ignore. Would love to know what you do for work. You’re a completely uncivilized savage incapable of engaging in a normal conversation or interactions of any type with other human beings

Google emergency funds if you want an answer. You’re not worth my time

You’re an idiot. No wonder why half this board has you on ignore. Would love to know what you do for work. You’re a completely uncivilized savage incapable of engaging in a normal conversation or interactions of any type with other human beings

Google emergency funds if you want an answer. You’re not worth my time

Wow, so you resort to disgusting personal attacks when I have proven your position is illogical.

I'm not trolling when I say you need help. That is not a normal response.

Also this is the third time I've asked you to answer my question on this invasion. But I expect more childish insults and personal attacks, its what you red hats do. Or you'll go full snowflake and put me on ignore like the others I've embarrassed in the past. Your kind simply can not handle reality.

Wow, so you resort to disgusting personal attacks when I have proven your position is illogical.

Also this is the third time I've asked you to answer my question on this invasion. But I expect more childish insults and personal attacks, its what you red hats do. Or you'll go full snowflake and put me on ignore like the others I've embarrassed in the past. Your kind simply can not handle reality.
In 1970, President Richard Nixon declared a national emergency to break a postal strike, using the National Guard to deliver the mail. The strike ended a week later, when the federal government agreed to a retroactive pay raise.

Here is your emergency crisis history lesson

The mail must go through!!! God forbid

red hats do
Stereotype. Don’t own one

You’re confusing ignoring you by thinking you’re embarrassing people to posters just being tired of your “Ninja-like” bullish, savage, uneducated attitude

Stereotype. Don’t own one

You’re confusing ignoring you by thinking you’re embarrassing people to posters just being tired of your “Ninja-like” bullish, savage, uneducated attitude

Lol this is why we’ve all ignored the person you’re responding to. Nothing but insane levels of hate, anger, and unstable commentary

It kind of feels like you're responding just for the sake of responding.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
ADVERTISEMENT