ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game thoughts

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
OFFENSE

Townsend, Jarrad Baker, Randy Pittman, and Bredell Richardson were in the first group of receivers. Townsend, Pittman and Jarrad Baker shined. Had lots of catches and targets. Whittemore did the least of the wideouts in the Group 1.

KJ Jefferson was hot and cold. He missed some wide open guys and finished with two TDs and two INTs, including one on him.

Caden Kitler and Cameron Kinnie (second team) were near flawless on snaps. Very impressive.

Paul Rupelt started at right tackle, and I don't recall him giving up a sack.

Chauncey Magwood made a bonehead play that resulted in an INT after a bobbled ball and had a big run after the catch.

Timmy McClain hurt the first-team defense with his legs, but helped it with his arm. 🤣

Tyree Patterson earned some targets on the second group. Kylan Fox as well. Jordan Bridgewater may have a future as well. Even Grant Stevens was getting some opportunities.

I never heard Goldie Lawrence's name called with the second group.

DEFENSE

Solid overall. First-year was suffocating.

Second-team struggled some to stop the run, but gave up only a handful of explosive plays.

Andrew Harris shined on the second-team defense with two sacks and a big stop to force a punt.

Jesiah Pierre, Deshawn Pace, and Xe'ree Alexander had some moments on defense as well.

Ja'Maric Morris and Jason Duclona were two corners the Knights' first-team offense went after on deep balls.

Christian Peterson is one of the fastest players on the team and made the first pick off Magwood's deflection.

Lots of big name guys didn't get their names called on defense and that was probably a good thing.

Last edited:
OFFENSE

Townsend, Jarrad Baker, Randy Pittman, and Bredell Richardson were in the first group of receivers. Townsend, Pittman and Jarrad Baker shined. Had lots of catches and targets. Whittemore did the least of the wideouts in the Group 1.

KJ Jefferson was hot and cold. He missed some wide open guys and finished with two TDs and two INTs, including one on him.

Caden Kitler and Cameron Kinnie (second team) were near flawless on snaps. Very impressive.

Paul Rupelt started at right tackle, and I don't recall him giving up a sack.

Chauncey Magwood made a bonehead play that resulted in an INT after a bobbled ball and had a big run after the catch.

Timmy McClain hurt the first-team defense with his legs, but helped it with his arm. 🤣

Tyree Patterson earned some targets on the second group. Kylan Fox as well. Jordan Bridgewater may have a future as well. Even Grant Stevens was getting some opportunities.

I never heard Goldie Lawrence's name called with the second group.

DEFENSE

Solid overall. First-year was suffocating.

Second-team struggled some to stop the run, but gave up only a handful of explosive plays.

Andrew Harris shined on the second-team defense with two sacks and a big stop to force a punt.

Jesiah Pierre, Deshawn Pace, and Xe'ree Alexander had some moments on defense as well.

Ja'Maric Morris and Jason Duclona were two corners the Knights' first-team offense went after on deep balls.

Christian Peterson is one of the fastest players on the team and made the first pick off Magwood's deflection.

Lots of big name guys didn't get their names called on defense and that was probably a good thing.
Goldie was dressed out so he didn’t play for whatever reason.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
If a Spring game is played but there’s nobody there to see it…did it really happen?

• Best spring game weather that I can remember!! Love evening Spring Games. I wish I came sooner to tailgate and enjoy the cool breeze while drinking a cold one.
  • Healthy crowd, first time seeing the LED effects.... Meh
  • KJ has some work to do. Missed some deep reads and passes. Upside, he's huge and quick.
  • Both KJ's interceptions weren't warranted. Bunggled catch and a DB pushoff (not called)
  • Our young QBs aren't going to supplant anyone soon.
  • Andrew Harris, Kavin Call, and Troy Ford Jr. impressed.
  • From what I saw, Ethan Barr lacks athleticism and instincts. He whiffed hard on an open field tackle.
  • I hope Mitch McCarthy doesn't get hurt.
  • Heeeeeeres Johnny! He continues to be a beast. Myles Montgomery was a bright spot.
  • @214LB Kylan Fox looks like a WR, couldn't track the ball well
  • Defenses agression was good against the pass but left them vulnerable to the run, yikes on the run defense... again
  • Pay to play stuff was a great way to monitize a special experience for fans. It didn't really add or detract from the game.
  • I feel like a cranky old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn... I hate the skills challenge. Kids need snaps. Do it after a full game... Monitize fans vs. players skills challenge

I wasn't sure what to do on a Friday night, so I got my bowl of Fruit Loops and headed off to the basement to go on another team's fan forum to post comments on their spring game. Night well spent.

• Haha
Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1

KJ Jefferson throws 2 TDs in UCF football debut: 5 takeaways from Knights' spring game​

Story by Chris Boyle, Daytona Beach News-Journal
• 13h •

Haven’t heard a damn thing about something very important… how did Boomer look on FGs? Back to normal or still got the yips?

He didn’t kick any, if I remember correctly. Think he made his extra points though it’s a blur

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT