ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford

RunawayKnight

Bronze Knight
Apr 13, 2019
Looks pedestrian on offense compared to past years. D looks solid.

OMG. Their QB just got KTFO. He may not be awake in time for our game.

I posted just after you. Up 10-0. Costello isn’t great. I’d rather face him. Sometimes a backup does better.

They are big all over the field, and well coached. Assuming Costello is alright, he is a solid, veteran QB. They look pretty good to me.

We really don't know what our QBs are going to be like under real pressure, either. Our outcome comes down to QB play.

Our safeties are going to be critical. They are going to have to tackle in the open field.

Our run defense looked excellent vs FAMU.

I'm expecting a fun game.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Here’s my 2 cents

Costello is a solid QB. There’s definitely a drop-off with the second guy

The offense lacks playmakers and speed. They lost guys to graduation

They will try to grind it out on the ground. No surprise here

Their defense is solid, but Northwestern lost players to graduation and at times their offense can be putrid

Can Stanford hold us to 7 points?

Hell no! Simply because we have too much speed and someone is going to break one eventually or we will connect on a deep ball

Week 2 will make things much clearer

Hopefully we’ll find out a good amount more about Stanford next week. The jury still seems to be out with them.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Offense looked slow and vanilla but will probably get better by week 3. Their front seven will be big enough to make our OL work and secondary will challenge our QB and WRs.

Stanford scored 17 at home to Northwestern

That doesn’t scare me

They lost their starting QB in the 2nd Q (back-up didn't lead them to any 2nd half pts), plus they lost their star LT late in the game (status unknown).

They lost their starting QB in the 2nd Q (back-up didn't lead them to any 2nd half pts), plus they lost their star LT late in the game (status unknown).
Funny thing about P5 schools and Stanford in particular, is that the backup was one of the top QB recruits in the nation a couple of years ago. A 5-star (Rivals 6.1) and we are acting like he’s a slug

Losing a LT is big

Funny thing about P5 schools and Stanford in particular, is that the backup was one of the top QB recruits in the nation a couple of years ago. a 5-star (Rivals 6.1) and we are acting like he’s a slug

Losing a LT is big

No doubt...but many inexperienced QB's struggled in their first half of play yesterday..but really came on in the 2nd half.

This back-up only played a half...so who knows how he will do vs USC...who also lost their starting QB early in their close win over Fresno St yesterday.

No doubt...but many inexperienced QB's struggled in their first half of play yesterday..but really came on in the 2nd half.

This back-up only played a half...so who knows how he will do vs USC...who also lost their starting QB early in their close win over Fresno St yesterday.
I’m sure he wants to beat us and be the starter since Costello is a senior

Who knows yet who will play vs USC and us, but Stanford could very well be 2-0. USC’s QB injury looked like it may take awhile for him to return. The backup was OK. Nothing special. He took his first snaps in a game last night.

I’m sure he wants to beat us and be the starter since Costello is a senior

Who knows yet who will play vs USC and us, but Stanford could very well be 2-0. USC’s QB injury looked like it may take awhile for him to return. The backup was OK. Nothing special. He took his first snaps in a game last night.

Sanford has a ton of experience....as they had just 3 underclassmen starters in their starting 22 yesterday.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Here’s my 2 cents

Costello is a solid QB. There’s definitely a drop-off with the second guy

The offense lacks playmakers and speed. They lost guys to graduation

They will try to grind it out on the ground. No surprise here

Their defense is solid, but Northwestern lost players to graduation and at times their offense can be putrid

Can Stanford hold us to 7 points?

Hell no! Simply because we have too much speed and someone is going to break one eventually or we will connect on a deep ball

Week 2 will make things much clearer

I actually disagree with your take about Stanford "grinding it out" against UCF, that Stanford narrative is a little outdated. The Fox broadcast mentioned multiple times about how Coach Shaw has completely changed Stanford's approach since around Week 4/Week 5 of last season. Stanford was 60/40 pass last year, which led to a lot of late season success for them.

Stanford doesn't have the personnel on the OL and at the RB position to run the ball 40+ times a game (like they have in the past).

I think they will put the ball in their best player's hands (Costello, assuming he plays) as much as possible, and depend on him in a tough road environment to make plays. Stanford did lose a ton at the WR/TE positions, but they have a lot of young/speed guys that they like.

Should be a great game. My thing is - UCF's offensive line needs to play a lot better than they did Thursday. The need to dominate the line of scrimmage and create more push.

ADVERTISEMENT