ADVERTISEMENT

Star Wars and your view of the Empire

Nautiknight

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Cullowhee, NC
I saw the original Star Wars in 1977 at the duplex theater at the Altamonte Mall as a 10 year old boy. It was then I discovered the magic of a woman and how mysterious her form was running without a bra through the death star in her semi shear white gown. I must say, Princess Leia captivated me and if I ever had an on screen crush ,it was her.

I also was keen on how Lucas set the story up and back in the 70s we had School House Rock where we learned about the American Revolution and No More King. It was clear to me as kid and now as an adult Star Wars is an allegory or is it a parable of the American Revolution. The rebels were seeking freedom from the tyranny of the Empire as the American colonist were seeking to be free of the king and his tyranny. It could also be about World War II and the Cold War where the Nazis and Soviets had their eyes set on global control through authoritarian means while the rebels represented ,again, freedom ,liberty and just letting folks be. That's how I see those movies .

So ,in the 2000s under the Bush Presidency the left in this country some how managed to co-opt Star Wars and turn the Republicans into the Empire staring Dick Cheney as Darth Vader. Where their side is now the Rebellion and the Republic . I just don't get it? Other than our cultural divide on abortion and maybe how the LBGTQ community was treated by society and the church for the past several thousand years, American Conservativism has truly been about liberty ,limited government and letting folks live their lives as they see fit. It was liberty minded men and even women who saw tyranny for what it was in the American Revolution. They stood up and she'd blood for it in the Civil War. The Suffragette movement were largely led by Republican women like Susan B Anthony and our mid century civil rights legislation also led by conservatives. These are historical facts .

So ,how is it the Empire is painted with a Republican brush? The empire is big Government. it's authoritarian. It's global corporatists . It's the CCP of China ..It's North Korea, Iran and Venezuela all wrapped into one. It's about compliance , one thought, group think and silencing opposition. It's about the Empire not about the individual.

So, what say you about the Empire a long time ago in galaxy far far away....

It was clear to me as kid and now as an adult Star Wars is an allegory or is it a parable of the American Revolution.
Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back are two of my favorite movies. And The Mandalorian has become one of my favorite TV shows. So I'm right there with you...but keep going.
American Conservativism has truly been about liberty, limited government and letting folks live their lives as they see fit.
I agree. Along with the things you described above, I would also add that the movement was about a deep love for this country. This love translated to a respect for 'the other side' as people we disagreed with but who, nevertheless, share our love. This led to an awareness that we all had to work together -- as we always have done since the founding of our country -- "in order to create a more perfect union."

All of this was why I became a Reagan Republican and spent 25 years as a card-carrying conservative. But something happened to the Conservative movement as we moved into the 21st Century.

Somewhere over the last 20 years or so, the notion took hold that as a supporter of conservatism, it should be "OUR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY." To compromise with 'the enemy' was to not 'stay true' to our conservative principles. This kind of thinking is how we got to a point where the movement's leaders publicly hoped a new president of the opposition party would fail. How is that expressing a love of country?

It was around that time that I decided to say good-bye to the "rebellion." It had sure as heck looked to me like it had become "The Evil Empire."

I'm curious, when all those Trump supporters attacked the US Capitol to prevent our elected representatives from certifying the electoral college results, are you telling me they were 'freedom fighters??!?'

Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back are two of my favorite movies. And The Mandalorian has become one of my favorite TV shows. So I'm right there with you...but keep going.

I agree. Along with the things you described above, I would also add that the movement was about a deep love for this country. This love translated to a respect for 'the other side' as people we disagreed with but who, nevertheless, share our love. This led to an awareness that we all had to work together -- as we always have done since the founding of our country -- "in order to create a more perfect union."

All of this was why I became a Reagan Republican and spent 25 years as a card-carrying conservative. But something happened to the Conservative movement as we moved into the 21st Century.

Somewhere over the last 20 years or so, the notion took hold that as a supporter of conservatism, it should be "OUR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY." To compromise with 'the enemy' was to not 'stay true' to our conservative principles. This kind of thinking is how we got to a point where the movement's leaders publicly hoped a new president of the opposition party would fail. How is that expressing a love of country?

It was around that time that I decided to say good-bye to the "rebellion." It had sure as heck looked to me like it had become "The Evil Empire."

I'm curious, when all those Trump supporters attacked the US Capitol to prevent our elected representatives from certifying the electoral college results, are you telling me they were 'freedom fighters??!?'
You need to be more specific than “somewhere over the last 20 years or so.” Because I think what most likely happened to you is you started buying into everything mainstream media told you.

If I had to guess, I think you ate it all up when the media fawned over Obama and started painting Republicans as simple obstructionists. You probably enjoyed the change in tone as the news became much more positive with Obama in charge. Gone were the days of the warmonger, oil thief, and buffoon George W (the W must have stood for War, right?) and in came the incredibly cool, intelligent, and funny Barry Obama (pay no attention to those drone strikes though!).

The mainstream media has decided that the tone will be negative constantly when Republicans are in charge. When Democrats take over, they make the tone light and hopeful. They intend to make the country miserable when the DNC isn’t running things, and it’s working.

You’re one of a huge number of people who has bought the media narrative and allowed them to define for you who the good guys and the bad guys are.

What a painfully idiotic premise. Didn't bother reading of course, OP has proven to provide absolutely nothing of substance other than regurgitated fox news and info wars.

Reactions: OLearyLastCall
I saw the original Star Wars in 1977 at the duplex theater at the Altamonte Mall as a 10 year old boy. It was then I discovered the magic of a woman and how mysterious her form was running without a bra through the death star in her semi shear white gown. I must say, Princess Leia captivated me and if I ever had an on screen crush ,it was her.

I also was keen on how Lucas set the story up and back in the 70s we had School House Rock where we learned about the American Revolution and No More King. It was clear to me as kid and now as an adult Star Wars is an allegory or is it a parable of the American Revolution. The rebels were seeking freedom from the tyranny of the Empire as the American colonist were seeking to be free of the king and his tyranny. It could also be about World War II and the Cold War where the Nazis and Soviets had their eyes set on global control through authoritarian means while the rebels represented ,again, freedom ,liberty and just letting folks be. That's how I see those movies .

So ,in the 2000s under the Bush Presidency the left in this country some how managed to co-opt Star Wars and turn the Republicans into the Empire staring Dick Cheney as Darth Vader. Where their side is now the Rebellion and the Republic . I just don't get it? Other than our cultural divide on abortion and maybe how the LBGTQ community was treated by society and the church for the past several thousand years, American Conservativism has truly been about liberty ,limited government and letting folks live their lives as they see fit. It was liberty minded men and even women who saw tyranny for what it was in the American Revolution. They stood up and she'd blood for it in the Civil War. The Suffragette movement were largely led by Republican women like Susan B Anthony and our mid century civil rights legislation also led by conservatives. These are historical facts .

So ,how is it the Empire is painted with a Republican brush? The empire is big Government. it's authoritarian. It's global corporatists . It's the CCP of China ..It's North Korea, Iran and Venezuela all wrapped into one. It's about compliance , one thought, group think and silencing opposition. It's about the Empire not about the individual.

So, what say you about the Empire a long time ago in galaxy far far away....
You guys and your Big Lies.

Please tell me again how Radical Republicans like Susan B. Anthony would fit in today's conservative movement that is actively putting barriers in place for people to vote. You do realize that the parties did a big switch during the Civil Rights era, right?

I'm sure the very single and lonely @_glaciers can fill you in.

Please tell me again how Radical Republicans like Susan B. Anthony would fit in today's conservative movement that is actively putting barriers in place for people to vote. You do realize that the parties did a big switch during the Civil Rights era, right?

Lol the Big Switch myth

They’ve already started going after DeSantis too. They do everything in their power to advance their political agenda.
I dont doubt that at all. I don't watch the news much these days so I'll have to take your word on it. The agenda pushing media (to include Fox News, I'm a conservative mind you) both pisses me off and scares me at the same time. It should be a concern to every citizen in this great country. The media should be watchdogs, not king making agenda setters.

You need to be more specific than “somewhere over the last 20 years or so.” Because I think what most likely happened to you is you started buying into everything mainstream media told you.
I find it amusing that you act like you're some pillar of 'independent thought' when every word out of your mouth is straight from the Trumpet playbook.

God forbid, I'm a person who....gasp!...thinks for himself and doesn't automatically buy the standard line no matter which party or politician is spewing them.

When did my conversion happen? When it became clear the danger of all those 'tons and tons of WMDs' that led to our invasion of Iraq was total bullshit. Whether it's the 'mainsteam media,' or my POTUS, I don't like someone trying to feed me bullshit.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I find it amusing that you act like you're some pillar of 'independent thought' when every word out of your mouth is straight from the Trumpet playbook.

God forbid, I'm a person who....gasp!...thinks for himself and doesn't automatically buy the standard line no matter which party or politician is spewing them.

When did my conversion happen? When it became clear the danger of all those 'tons and tons of WMDs' that led to our invasion of Iraq was total bullshit. Whether it's the 'mainsteam media,' or my POTUS, I don't like someone trying to feed me bullshit.
I will assume that you watch MSNBC because they're truthful but not Fox News because they're full of shit. I assume you hated Trump because of his lies but love Biden because he's always truthful.

I think Iraq, combined with the rise of Fox News is what essentially created this new age of Republicans and this idea that Republicans were super patriots and liberals hated America, and basically created a type of culture war. Then when Obama was elected you had the rise of the Tea Party/Freedom Caucus, which essentially brought the right wing media to DC, and changed Republican politics. Reagan used to be viewed as sort of the quintessential Republican, but he would be looked at as a RINO in todays party.

Lol the Big Switch myth
I love this fallacy. Supposedly it happened in the mid 1960s, but Carter swept the south and Clinton did very well 30 years later. Biden just won Georgia. If the democrats start performing better in the south moving forward, should we assume that it's because they have become more racist?

I love this fallacy. Supposedly it happened in the mid 1960s, but Carter swept the south and Clinton did very well 30 years later. Biden just won Georgia. If the democrats start performing better in the south moving forward, should we assume that it's because they have become more racist?

IT isnt a fallacy, but it also wasnt like the whole parties decided to switch. Many Dixiecrats, southern Democrats, did change parties. Strom Thurmond for example, started as a Democrat, but changed to a Republican during the civil rights movements, and he wasnt the only one.

Lol...

Democrats filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

80% of House Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act, while only 61% of Democrats did.

The Senate was similarly split, with 82% of Republicans supporting it and 69% of Democrats.

“But then they switched!” Wrong. Of 21 Senate Democrats who opposed the Civil Rights Act, 20 of them died as Democrats. Only Strom Thurmond became a Republican.

The first time Republicans held a majority of southern House seats was 1994.

IT isnt a fallacy, but it also wasnt like the whole parties decided to switch. Many Dixiecrats, southern Democrats, did change parties. Strom Thurmond for example, started as a Democrat, but changed to a Republican during the civil rights movements, and he wasnt the only one.
He was the only Democrat Senator of 21 who opposed the Civil Rights Act to switch parties.

Explain why they decided to switch, when it was Republicans in Congress that voted in mass for the Civil rights act? Democrats had a way better argument for keeping black people oppressed at that time. Was it Goldwater that made them flip?

He was the only Democrat Senator of 21 who opposed the Civil Rights Act to switch parties.

I wasnt talking about just Senators. John Connally was a Democratic governor of Texas, who also went to the Republican party. Jessie Helms was a Democrat at the local level during the 50s, and then ran as a Republican for senator, etc etc.

Explain why they decided to switch, when it was Republicans in Congress that voted in mass for the Civil rights act? Democrats had a way better argument for keeping black people oppressed at that time. Was it Goldwater that made them flip?

Thurmond worked on Goldwater's campaign, so I would say Goldwater was at least part of the reason, but it was already moving that direction before that. But it isnt that simple just to look at votes. The parties were different than they are today. Southern Democrats at that time were pretty conservative, and Southern Democrats at that time, had more seats in the party than Northern Democrats. So if you just look at the votes it doesnt differentiate the different ideologies within the party. . And this also applies to Republicans. Northern Republicans at that time werent the same thing as Southern Republicans.

Nearly 100% of Union state Democrats supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act compared to 85% of Republicans. None of the southern Republicans voted for the bill, while a small percentage of southern Democrats did.

The country was still divided from a North/South view at that time, just as much as political party view.

Last edited:
So Yoda would be the enlightened one who is above partisan politics and concerned with peace and wisdom? Thanks. I’ll take it, but wasn’t expecting such high praise today. You Empirists and Rebels keep switching sides, think on this I must, avoid this board I should.

I think Iraq, combined with the rise of Fox News is what essentially created this new age of Republicans and this idea that Republicans were super patriots and liberals hated America, and basically created a type of culture war. Then when Obama was elected you had the rise of the Tea Party/Freedom Caucus, which essentially brought the right wing media to DC, and changed Republican politics. Reagan used to be viewed as sort of the quintessential Republican, but he would be looked at as a RINO in todays party.
Fox News was created expressly to counter the already severe left bias in the other media outlets. Since they were so effective at it, you finally noticed the tactics the left was using reflected back at you and you didn't like it. For example, the left and the media demagogued Republicans decades ago as being unfeeling and dispassionate. That evolved into labeling the GOP as the party of Hate and conducting a War on Women and now the party of White Supremacy.

Fox News didn't do this. FoxNews decided to play up the Tea Party's mission to bring America back to the limited government values that the founders espoused. So it was natural that embracing those Patriots would be labeled as patriotic. And it stuck. But calling yourself patriots is quite a bit different than constantly labeling those you disagree with as the worst possible things that you can envision.

IOW, you might want to address the plank in your eye before you decide to call out the speck in someone else's.

Reactions: fabknight
Fox News was created expressly to counter the already severe left bias in the other media outlets. Since they were so effective at it, you finally noticed the tactics the left was using reflected back at you and you didn't like it. For example, the left and the media demagogued Republicans decades ago as being unfeeling and dispassionate. That evolved into labeling the GOP as the party of Hate and conducting a War on Women and now the party of White Supremacy.

Fox News didn't do this. FoxNews decided to play up the Tea Party's mission to bring America back to the limited government values that the founders espoused. So it was natural that embracing those Patriots would be labeled as patriotic. And it stuck. But calling yourself patriots is quite a bit different than constantly labeling those you disagree with as the worst possible things that you can envision.

IOW, you might want to address the plank in your eye before you decide to call out the speck in someone else's.

Fox was created to make a profit, and they did that by playing to the right because they felt it was an untapped market. Regardless, that changes nothing I said. The rise of Fox certainly helped steer the Republican party to where it is today.

Fox was created to make a profit, and they did that by playing to the right because they felt it was an untapped market. Regardless, that changes nothing I said. The rise of Fox certainly helped steer the Republican party to where it is today.
Yes but you also asserted that it was FoxNews that "basically created a type of culture war." You lay all of our troubles on FoxNews and that is asinine given that actual history.

Also, Of course FoxNews was created to make a profit. Any idiot realizes that you create companies to make money. I'm surprised that you felt the need to actually point that out. That doesn't negate that their mission was to expressly counter the current media.

As for the Republican party being where it is, that is more a large group of Republicans tired of constantly taking it from Democrats without fighting back and finally deciding they had enough. The ironic thing about Michelle Obama's, when they go low, we go high, is that Democrats are always doing whatever needs to be done to achieve their ends. It was incredibly indulgent and insulting. People can only take so much and then they either give up or they fight back. And seeing prominent Democrats swear to impeach the just elected President before he was even sworn in and then do everything they could for four years to achieve that goal was more than enough to break the camel's back, so to speak.

I wasnt talking about just Senators. John Connally was a Democratic governor of Texas, who also went to the Republican party. Jessie Helms was a Democrat at the local level during the 50s, and then ran as a Republican for senator, etc etc.
You’re smarter than this.

A very small handful of Democrats changing parties isn’t an indication of some “switch” where the two parties changed their tunes and adopted each other’s previous positions on race. The vast majority of Democrats who opposed civil rights stayed with the party for life, and their constituents continued electing them and Democrat successors into office. It took decades before republicans would win a majority of House and Senate seats in southern states.

You’re smarter than this.

A very small handful of Democrats changing parties isn’t an indication of some “switch” where the two parties changed their tunes and adopted each other’s previous positions on race. The vast majority of Democrats who opposed civil rights stayed with the party for life, and their constituents continued electing them and Democrat successors into office. It took decades before republicans would win a majority of House and Senate seats in southern states.

It wasnt just a few people, and it wasnt just politicians. It was also voters. And I never said they adopted each others previous positions or that the parties had a complete switch.

And just look at the statistic I put up earlier. Almost 100% of union state Dems voted for the civil rights act, 85% of union state Republicans did. 0% of Confederate Republicans did, and only a small % of confederate Dems did. That right there should let you know that party politics back then were not what they are today, political views were more regionally based than party based. And today, we see most Southern states being almost exclusively Republican states, which would kind of show that the old school Southern Democrats, dont really exist anymore, at least not at the #s they did back then. They are modern day Republicans. So no, there was no point where the parties just up and decided they would switch positions on everything. But party positions back then werent as ideological as they are today and the Southern states certainly went over to the Republican side, not the Democratic side.

Last edited:

Yes but you also asserted that it was FoxNews that "basically created a type of culture war." You lay all of our troubles on FoxNews and that is asinine given that actual history.

Also, Of course FoxNews was created to make a profit. Any idiot realizes that you create companies to make money. I'm surprised that you felt the need to actually point that out. That doesn't negate that their mission was to expressly counter the current media.

As for the Republican party being where it is, that is more a large group of Republicans tired of constantly taking it from Democrats without fighting back and finally deciding they had enough. The ironic thing about Michelle Obama's, when they go low, we go high, is that Democrats are always doing whatever needs to be done to achieve their ends. It was incredibly indulgent and insulting. People can only take so much and then they either give up or they fight back. And seeing prominent Democrats swear to impeach the just elected President before he was even sworn in and then do everything they could for four years to achieve that goal was more than enough to break the camel's back, so to speak.

Yes, yes, Republicans are the poor little victims in this country.

Fox News didn't do this. FoxNews decided to play up the Tea Party's mission to bring America back to the limited government values that the founders espoused. So it was natural that embracing those Patriots would be labeled as patriotic. And it stuck.

While on a long drive last January, I listened to one of the Sirius talk radio channels. I found it more than a little ironic to hear the host of the channel I was listening to making excuses for the Trumpster Capitol rioters.

The name of the channel? Why it was that Bastion of American Conservative Values, the PATRIOT channel of course.

While on a long drive last January, I listened to one of the Sirius talk radio channels. I found it more than a little ironic to hear the host of the channel I was listening to making excuses for the Trumpster Capitol rioters.

The name of the channel? Why it was that Bastion of American Conservative Values, the PATRIOT channel of course.

It is hilarious to me that they have just decided they are patriots and the real Americans. This is anecdotal, but 100% true. I have a "friend" on facebook who always eats this shit up, and thinks he is some sort of super patriot. He has never done anything for this country. Wasnt in the military, never volunteered for anything, etc etc. He has spent time Federal prison though and has a history of beating his girlfriends and using meth. One day he told one of our mutual friends on FB, who was in the army and still works for some sort of disaster relief program, that he wasnt a real American because he didnt support Trump. Basically I think all it takes to be a patriot today is to watch Q videos and worship Trump like he is the 2nd coming.

• Haha
Reactions: DaShuckster
It wasnt just a few people, and it wasnt just politicians. It was also voters. And I never said they adopted each others previous positions or that the parties had a complete switch.

And just look at the statistic I put up earlier. Almost 100% of union state Dems voted for the civil rights act, 85% of union state Republicans did. 0% of Confederate Republicans did, and only a small % of confederate Dems did. That right there should let you know that party politics back then were not what they are today, political views were more regionally based than party based. And today, we see most Southern states being almost exclusively Republican states, which would kind of show that the old school Southern Democrats, dont really exist anymore, at least not at the #s they did back then. They are modern day Republicans. So no, there was no point where the parties just up and decided they would switch positions on everything. But party positions back then werent as ideological as they are today and the Southern states certainly went over to the Republican side, not the Democratic side.
The issue here is that you are assuming that white southerners being racist is the constant. How do you know that they didnt just give up their racist ideology and join the party that is less racist? Or that there could be other factors that weighed in even more like how the Republican party started becoming a more federalist type of party?

The issue here is that you are assuming that white southerners being racist is the constant. How do you know that they didnt just give up their racist ideology and join the party that is less racist? Or that there could be other factors that weighed in even more like how the Republican party started becoming a more federalist type of party?

I said nothing about race or racism.

The issue here is that you are assuming that white southerners being racist is the constant.
Racism (in general) is more a condition of education level and income more than it is a specific geographical region.

Thus, you tend to see higher concentrations of racist behavior in lower-income, rural areas of the South and Midwest than elsewhere.

The changing politics in Georgia have more to do with the influx of higher educated professionals and their families than any ideological change with rural Georgians.

Racism (in general) is more a condition of education level and income more than it is a specific geographical region.

Thus, you tend to see higher concentrations of racist behavior in lower-income, rural areas of the South and Midwest than elsewhere.

The changing politics in Georgia have more to do with the influx of higher educated professionals and their families than any ideological change with rural Georgians.
Hmm. So lack of education is an indicator of a level of racism? I would think that the more religious a person is would be a better metric. I guess I just don't understand your correlation here.

Hey brother, Susan B was a Republican. Republicans started from a group of sbolishinist in Wisconsin. Republicans passed the 13th and 14th Amendments over the jeers of Democrats. Republicans ,every last one of them voted for the civil rights act . There was no switch . I live in Appalachia and I can tell you these folks are Democrats because their daddy's daddy and the daddy before that were Democrat . That switch thing is a myth.

So please tell me how JFK would fit in the Democrat party with his low taxes , his staunch view about how comunism and socialism sucks. My star wars thing is not about party per se I was wondering though how the Empire became associated with Conservativism when Conservativism is truly about the individual, individual freedom and individual economic freedom . It's not about more taxes,more Government spending, big Government or forcing you or anyone else to submit to Government. The empire to me is big Government globalism where we submit or we get cancelled. You don't know the power of the dark side! wait , the democrat leaders do know it and the Chinese are the new sith Lord and Biden is taking their orders and his son is taking their millions .

Glenn Beck, David Webb,Andrew Wilkow , Sean Hannity ,Mark Levine ALL,every last one of them concerned the capitol incident. I heard all of them say multiple times prosecute everyone who broke the law . Shuck, you are quite mistaken here. The issue is the FBI swooped in using geo location and phone data and talk ton anyone who was in the DC that day . The FBI can find every out of town visitor to DC tracking us without a warrant might I add and yet they can't find a single person fire bombing federal buildings in Portland and Seattle? Antifa is treated with kid gloves and blown off even when they fire bomb an ICE building and attempting to block entrances and trap federal employees inside a burning building.

I f-ing condemn the Capitol breach and lawlessness that happened. Prosecute every damn one of them. Follow the law. The Constitution gives us a right to peacefully assemble ,not become a vigilante mob. So, will you condemn Antifa and the rioting especially against federal court houses and federal law enforcement buildings? Which is the real insurection here? A bunch of middle class white people breaking into the House of Representatives with no arms or any real ability to harm people or a bunch entitled millennials burning court houses and frankly attempting to murder people by trapping them inside a burning building?

In my book, follow the law . peacefully assemble and once you go beyond that , arrest and charge people be they MAGA or Antifa .

Glenn Beck, David Webb,Andrew Wilkow , Sean Hannity ,Mark Levine ALL,every last one of them concerned the capitol incident. I heard all of them say multiple times prosecute everyone who broke the law . Shuck, you are quite mistaken here. The issue is the FBI swooped in using geo location and phone data and talk ton anyone who was in the DC that day . The FBI can find every out of town visitor to DC tracking us without a warrant might I add and yet they can't find a single person fire bombing federal buildings in Portland and Seattle? Antifa is treated with kid gloves and blown off even when they fire bomb an ICE building and attempting to block entrances and trap federal employees inside a burning building.

I f-ing condemn the Capitol breach and lawlessness that happened. Prosecute every damn one of them. Follow the law. The Constitution gives us a right to peacefully assemble ,not become a vigilante mob. So, will you condemn Antifa and the rioting especially against federal court houses and federal law enforcement buildings? Which is the real insurection here? A bunch of middle class white people breaking into the House of Representatives with no arms or any real ability to harm people or a bunch entitled millennials burning court houses and frankly attempting to murder people by trapping them inside a burning building?

In my book, follow the law . peacefully assemble and once you go beyond that , arrest and charge people be they MAGA or Antifa .
The irony is that "The People" decided to enter "The People's House" that day and "The People's Representatives" cried insurrection. For that they built a wall around the capitol to keep "The People" out and maintain it to this day.

Hey brother, Susan B was a Republican. Republicans started from a group of sbolishinist in Wisconsin. Republicans passed the 13th and 14th Amendments over the jeers of Democrats. Republicans ,every last one of them voted for the civil rights act . There was no switch . I live in Appalachia and I can tell you these folks are Democrats because their daddy's daddy and the daddy before that were Democrat . That switch thing is a myth.

So please tell me how JFK would fit in the Democrat party with his low taxes , his staunch view about how comunism and socialism sucks. My star wars thing is not about party per se I was wondering though how the Empire became associated with Conservativism when Conservativism is truly about the individual, individual freedom and individual economic freedom . It's not about more taxes,more Government spending, big Government or forcing you or anyone else to submit to Government. The empire to me is big Government globalism where we submit or we get cancelled. You don't know the power of the dark side! wait , the democrat leaders do know it and the Chinese are the new sith Lord and Biden is taking their orders and his son is taking their millions .

Simply false. As I already pointed out in this thread, Southern Republicans and Democrats mostly voted against the Civil Rights Act.

The irony is that "The People" decided to enter "The People's House" that day and "The People's Representatives" cried insurrection. For that they built a wall around the capitol to keep "The People" out and maintain it to this day.
You'd have fit right in with the callers I listened to on the PATRIOT channel that Sunday back in January following the Capitol insurrection.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT