ADVERTISEMENT

Starting S Tre Neal to Nebraska

Old man Osborne saved that poor boy from going down a path of destruction. He turned out to be a model citizen. The Nobraska poster child right behind Frosty
Model citizen? Save from going down a path of destruction?He was in prison and I believe killed himself there.

Model citizen? Save from going down a path of destruction?He was in prison and I believe killed himself there.
I was being facetious. I thought that he killed himself as well. Must be getting him mixed up with Aaron Hernandez. Another model citizen :grimace:

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I was being facetious. I thought that he killed himself as well. Must be getting him mixed up with Aaron Hernandez. Another model citizen :grimace:

He made his own bed, no doubt about that. It was a little disconcerting after his death though when Osborne released to the media the dozens of letters that Phillips had written him from prison, showing regret and expressing fear for his life in. He knew he was going to be killed and couldnt get the prison officials to address it.

What a waste of talent and a life.

Reactions: Mikesi
Coach Ginger and our old staff are going to get mudholed this season in the Big 10 and all Im going to do is sit back and laugh. I almost can’t wait. *

Reactions: JAFFX2 and Mikesi
Coach Ginger and our old staff are going to get mudholed this season in the Big 10 and all Im going to do is sit back and laugh. I almost can’t wait. *
Do you think the BIG10 is that much better than our conference? Or do you think Frost and Co aren't that good of coaches?

Do you think the BIG10 is that much better than our conference? Or do you think Frost and Co aren't that good of coaches?
I think the Big 10 has a few very good teams and NGEbraska isn’t that good. Frost is a good coach, but the defense and Chinander are very mediocre

I think the Big 10 has a few very good teams and NGEbraska isn’t that good. Frost is a good coach, but the defense and Chinander are very mediocre
Ohio St is really the only consistent team. The next tier is Wisc, Penn St, Mich. They seem to always be ranked top 25, with a top 10 finish here and there. The rest plain suck. Most BIG10 teams are ground and pound, wear you out. The D has to be good. Yeah I don't see Chin being able to cut it with the big boys. He will be ran out of town by end of year 2. Now if they can get a good D coordinator and consistently rank in top 25 recruiting classes they may have a shot to compete and be a top 10 team.

Ohio St is really the only consistent team. The next tier is Wisc, Penn St, Mich. They seem to always be ranked top 25, with a top 10 finish here and there. The rest plain suck. Most BIG10 teams are ground and pound, wear you out. The D has to be good. Yeah I don't see Chin being able to cut it with the big boys. He will be ran out of town by end of year 2. Now if they can get a good D coordinator and consistently rank in top 25 recruiting classes they may have a shot to compete and be a top 10 team.
I think that they may have trouble with Northwestern and Purdue, but luckily they play them at home. Illinois is terrible. Iowa is a good team most years and extra tough at home

Reactions: KnightLife1
I think that they may have trouble with Northwestern and Purdue, but luckily they play them at home. Illinois is terrible. Iowa is a good team most years and extra tough at home
I have been following their practice press conferences. Frosty and other coaches said they feel the players are ahead of where they were at UCF at this point in time. The players are very confident that they will shock the world this year. Some saying they will win their division possibly the conference.
They may be ahead. They still have a long road. A 4-8 team doesn't magically become a top 10 team. Here is how I see their season playing out.
Akron W
Colorado W
Troy W
Michigan L
Purdue W
Wisconsin L
NW W
Min W
Illinois W
Ohio St L
Mich St L
Iowa L
7-5 if they are lucky and everything goes as good as possible.

I have been following their practice press conferences. Frosty and other coaches said they feel the players are ahead of where they were at UCF at this point in time. The players are very confident that they will shock the world this year. Some saying they will win their division possibly the conference.
They may be ahead. They still have a long road. A 4-8 team doesn't magically become a top 10 team. Here is how I see their season playing out.
Akron W
Colorado W
Troy W
Michigan L
Purdue W
Wisconsin L
NW W
Min W
Illinois W
Ohio St L
Mich St L
Iowa L
7-5 if they are lucky and everything goes as good as possible.
I see out of Purdue, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Troy 1-2 loses. Probably one. That would be 6-6. What they have going for them is that the games that they should lose are mostly on the road the winnable games are mostly at home. Colorado, Akron and Illinois are 3 automatic wins and out of the 5 losses that you predicted, 4 are very certain to be losses.

It always comes down to the middle 4 games.

Those are bold statements by the players. They better not be announcing that publicly

"I don't just want to win the Big Ten championship. I want to win THE championship. That's my goal," the 6-foot-4, 325-pounder said. "You say, 'Is that a realistic goal?' A lot of people say winning the national championship isn't a realistic goal. Well, I'm not about realistic. I want it all. Go big or go home."

He didn't say anything about winning the conference or division though, just that they're going to shock some people. Did you expect him to say "meh, we probably won't be any better this year"?

A 5-7 Nebraska team beat an undefeated top 10 Michigan State just a few years ago, so that's not an outlandish claim to make really.
A suicide note that wasnt in his handwriting, and he hung himself from a TV mount that was 5 ft off the ground with his hands not secured. This after he had several run-ins with gangs and guards in the prison, and a peculiar course of events that led to his murder charge.

Sorry, I dont pity him at all but things in this case dont point to a suicide.
Yeah that's a little too tinfoil hat-esque for me.

ADVERTISEMENT