ADVERTISEMENT

State of Florida Public Colleges & Universities

For the past few years, we've heard how CRT and DEI 'aren't real,' and 'not being pushed' on any teachers or other systemic movement. Unfortunately, the reality is not only different, but we're entering an age of 1984 like realities where they are required, and any educator even going against such, and thinking differently, is fired.

I'm honestly tired of people not 'owning up' to what is really going on ... until it's already institutionalized.

And I do, honestly hope the 3 Libertarian Justices, who seem to sway the court between the 3 Conservative and 3 Progressive Justices, preserve the right of independent teachers and thought. And plenty of other 20th Century Liberals like myself also agree, because ...

We're looking at an army of teachers literally thinking what they cannot say. Other than on the Civil Rights v. States Rights Issue of Choice/Abortion -- of which I was greatly disappointed with the 1-2 Libertarial split, as I see Abortion as a Civil Right, to be protected by the Federal, not a State Right (sadly, Self-Defense/Guns are the same ... related to the States), the 3 Libertarians on the SCOTUS have been saving us from the radicals on both sides.

Or as Bill Maher pointed out earlier this year ... "Re-education." We are not so much like the Nazis, and we're not so much like the Soviet ... which played out in German in the late 1920s and the Nazi's won by the mid 1930s, because the Soviets killed more, and wanted to outlaw all private ownership and religions, not just one ...

We are actually becoming Mao's China, right down to literally being destroyed like the Chinese were if you disagreed. Someone asked me to define Woke. The Woke are who destroy people's livelihoods who say what they think when they disagree with the Woke, and refuse to conform. You don't have to be a Conservative to do that, in fact ... most classic Liberals, like Maher, will do exactly that.

For the past few years, we've heard how CRT and DEI 'aren't real,' and 'not being pushed' on any teachers or other systemic movement. Unfortunately, the reality is not only different, but we're entering an age of 1984 like realities where they are required, and any educator even going against such, and thinking differently, is fired.
Wow, that's pretty heavy stuff there.

Care to share actual examples from the news to support your "Age of 1984-like realities?" Or are we supposed to just take your word for it?

Wow, that's pretty heavy stuff there.

Care to share actual examples from the news to support your "Age of 1984-like realities?" Or are we supposed to just take your word for it?
Ummm ... the administration literally demanding removal of 'mostly truth' and 'often truth' from social media? Industry afraid to speak out against government mandated censorship? Corporate media completely in bed with corporations and lobbyists that Congress and the administration supports?

Did you not read the Twitter files? The whistleblowers? The FISA court justices? The recent federal justice ruling that still lets the government censor a lot, but ... finally calls out some of the political hit jobs?

Did you not read the Twitter files?
Did you not read my request?

Your quote ----> "...we're entering an age of 1984 like realities where they are required, and any educator even going against such, and thinking differently, is fired."

When I asked for examples from the news, THAT is what I was requesting. Who are these fired educators?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Did you not read my request?

Your quote ----> "...we're entering an age of 1984 like realities where they are required, and any educator even going against such, and thinking differently, is fired."

When I asked for examples from the news, THAT is what I was requesting. Who are these fired educators?
Literally watch Maher, including the one I posted. That's just a sample.

Wow. 😲 😲 😲

Anybody who thinks this stuff isn't harming Florida's public colleges and universities is fooling themselves. All eyes in Higher Education are on what's happening in Florida.

Any of you who are alums of UCF or any other Florida public university should be VERY concerned with how this crap is tarnishing the reputation of a lot of very good universities.

If DeSantis were to become the GOP nominee (which he won't), this crap would explode in his face in a general election.

• Haha
Reactions: Sir Galahad
Wow. 😲 😲 😲

Anybody who thinks this stuff isn't harming Florida's public colleges and universities is fooling themselves. All eyes in Higher Education are on what's happening in Florida.

Any of you who are alums of UCF or any other Florida public university should be VERY concerned with how this crap is tarnishing the reputation of a lot of very good universities.

If DeSantis were to become the GOP nominee (which he won't), this crap would explode in his face in a general election.

It's fairly hilarious to watch Fatty Mooseknuckle dance around with this rhetoric:

Ummm ... the administration literally demanding removal of 'mostly truth' and 'often truth' from social media? Industry afraid to speak out against government mandated censorship?

And then go silent as the grave when the Florida Gov't steps in and gets involved with/threatens/censors/tries to insert puppet candidates, etc., higher ed. Remember, he's a Libertarian (in case you've forgotten). He HATES big gubbbment. Hates big gubbbment overstepping its boundaries. Hates big gubbbment inserting itself into the flow of information. Hates big gubbbment telling people what to do. Hates big gubbbment promoting its own choices against a democratic process..........

Until he doesn't.

This is what you call the epitome of being a big, fat, gigantic, walking/waddling HYPOCRITE.

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT