ADVERTISEMENT

Stomach Ulcer

diver_fcd

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2004
Apparently I have a stomach ulcer for the first time in my life. Doc has me on a proton pump inhibitor. Helped some but the ulcer hasn’t gone away yet. Been on the meds about a week. Looking for advice on what to eat, supplement with, etc.

Apparently I have a stomach ulcer for the first time in my life. Doc has me on a proton pump inhibitor. Helped some but the ulcer hasn’t gone away yet. Been on the meds about a week. Looking for advice on what to eat, supplement with, etc.
Take omeprazole 40 mg for 4-6 weeks. Drink plenty of water, cut down on caffeinated beverages, citrus fruits, spices and spicy foods like Mexican food and tomato sauces. Don’t eat before bed and cut down on alcohol

Next problem....

Reactions: diver_fcd
The spicier the better, lots of alcohol and caffeine.

Take omeprazole 40 mg for 4-6 weeks. Drink plenty of water, cut down on caffeinated beverages, citrus fruits, spices and spicy foods like Mexican food and tomato sauces. Don’t eat before bed and cut down on alcohol

Next problem....

I'd go with nexium over prilosec, but that's just my own experience. Other than that I would 2nd everything you said and add eliminating peppermint and spearmint gum.

Reactions: sk8knight
I'd go with nexium over prilosec, but that's just my own experience. Other than that I would 2nd everything you said and add eliminating peppermint and spearmint gum.
The gum thing is something that most people don’t do anyway. It minimally adds to ulcers. Nexium isn’t covered by a lot of insurance plans

It sounds counterintuitive, but if you can stand to do it I had a lot of relief by drinking a glass of water with a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bed.

It sounds counterintuitive, but if you can stand to do it I had a lot of relief by drinking a glass of water with a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bed.
Lol. Come on Crazy. Apple Cider Vinegar before bedtime is contraindicated as the treatment for ulcers

The gum thing is something that most people don’t do anyway. It minimally adds to ulcers. Nexium isn’t covered by a lot of insurance plans
Is prilosec? I just always bought both OTC. Last year a doctor prescribed zegrith(?) for me and that wasn't covered but the pharmacist just told me to buy nexium.

Is prilosec? I just always bought both OTC. Last year a doctor prescribed zegrith(?) for me and that wasn't covered but the pharmacist just told me to buy nexium.
It’s basically all the same shit. Nexium is probably more effective, but It’s all about preventing recurrence after you’re healed anyway. Long-term

It’s basically all the same shit. Nexium is probably more effective, but It’s all about preventing recurrence after you’re healed anyway. Long-term
I took prilosec for a long time and it worked ok unless I forgot it for a couple of days. I actually started with tagamet when I was in middle school so I've got a little bit of history with this crap. Nexium was the best of the 3, and For some reason, and it may be totally unrelated, if I didn't take nexium for while and then had bad heartburn I'd take that and it worked like tums. 20 minutes and I was good. Makes no sense but thats my experience with it.

I took prilosec for a long time and it worked ok unless I forgot it for a couple of days. I actually started with tagamet when I was in middle school so I've got a little bit of history with this crap. Nexium was the best of the 3, and For some reason, and it may be totally unrelated, if I didn't take nexium for while and then had bad heartburn I'd take that and it worked like tums. 20 minutes and I was good. Makes no sense but thats my experience with it.
Geez. You so like an ulcer factory. You need to relax more. Just think Nebraska football. You’ll be fine. ;)

Oh.., by the way, stress increases the production of gastric acids

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT