ADVERTISEMENT

Stories/UCF's brand growth

Knight Strength

Golden Knight
Feb 2, 2018
My girl took an Uber last week and the driver asked is she was a fan of one of the teams in Oklahoma. She said she's a UCF fan and the guy knew what school and team she was referring to!
------

Then on Saturday we were in the grocery store and a guy at the checkout asked if we were from Oklahoma. We said "No, from Orlando FL" and he said "Ah, I could have guessed from your (UCF) shirt." That was cool.
------

I don't subscribe to The Athletic but they opened up this article talking about UCF and I noticed they featured DG in the articles preview thumbnail.

The Athletic: biggest "G5" questions
"Preseason camps are scheduled to begin soon, and the season is close, whatever it looks like.

As teams start practicing and games come into focus, what are the biggest questions on the field in the Group of 5? Here’s the No. 1 question for some of the top contenders.

UCF: Can Dillon Gabriel come through in the big games?

Gabriel was electric as a true freshman last year, finishing in the top 15 nationally in yards per attempt, yards per completion and passing efficiency. He took over the starting job in Week 2 and threw for 3,653 yards, 29 touchdowns and seven interceptions, completing 59.3 percent of his passes, and he earned FWAA Freshman All-America honors. Replacing the injured McKenzie Milton, who is also from Hawaii,..."

-----
Five years ago none of this would have happened.

One of the biggest things we can do to continue to grow and succeed is donate any amount to our school. For average-struggling people like me, the most important strategy is to donate even just $5 once or twice a year. When we can break that ice early with undergraduates and recent grads, by getting them to take the action of donating will (1) form the habit of donating in the future and (2) build love for our school early.

One of the worst/most shortsighted strategies would be for us to only focus on wealthy grads and to wait 10-20 years until graduates are already successful to then try to ask them to invest large sums. Let's get everyone involved!

Right now we are working a campaign to help UCF athletics through COVID19. Financially, many athletic departments across the US are flapping in the wind, not knowing if they'll have to drop down to FCS in the future, but we want UCF to come out ahead. Please click this link to donate however little you can and share the link on your social media expressing your pride in our school.

UCF's Keep Charging On campaign:
https://www.givecampus.com/schools/UniversityofCentralFlorida/keep-charging-on/?a=3880361

I'm not sure that I've had that conversation before. Tulsa is a big city here. Am I missing your point?
You sound surprised they know about a Orlando and UCF. But we all know where Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, etc are located. We aren’t Old Dominion or Grand Canyon U.

I saw a rather destitute looking man in France with a UCF jacket a couple of years ago. He did not really speak French so I assume he was a refugee. Knight nation truly is everywhere.

Reactions: Knightro20
You sound surprised they know about a Orlando and UCF. But we all know where Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, etc are located. We aren’t Old Dominion or Grand Canyon U.
Ah, I'm talking about people recognizing UCF- not whether or not they know where Orlando is. Like I said, none of this would have happened 5 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT