ADVERTISEMENT

Study Finds Liberals ‘Patronize’ Minorities, Conservatives Don’t

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
https://www.intellectualtakeout.org...erals-patronize-minorities-conservatives-dont

Mike Gonzalez, a senior research fellow at The Heritage Foundation, told The Daily Signal that he found the study’s results unsurprising.

“It was shocking, but not surprising, to see documented data that liberals are condescending toward minorities. Shocking because one would think that in 2018 everyone would strive to treat individuals as individuals,” Gonzalez said.

“But it wasn’t surprising because it is part of the liberal writ precisely not to think of individuals as such, but as members of identity collectives with inherent traits and ways of thinking, and to believe that members of designated minorities need government help to succeed,” he said.

the silent racism of lowered expectations....

Study finds that liberals are more empathetic, warm, and give more speeches to minority audiences.

The Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, concludes that this is “shocking” and Wayne says its racist.
Well I’ve lived in Orlando, Tampa, Boone, Charlotte and Long Island. Hands down the most racist, anti-Semitic place I’ve lived is Ling Island. Yup, New York.

This study was ridiculous. First, any assumption one might have gotten from the thread title that this was some kind of "liberal" vs. conservative" personality assessment would have been wrong. The researchers studied Presidential candidate speeches and looked for special words. Yeah, that's what I call stellar Ivy League research, I tell ya! [eyeroll]

If you are looking for patronizing language, what better place to look than political candidate speeches.

I could have told you this without a study. They are so spineless and filled with guilt they not only dumb down their speech and are patronizing but are so utterly afraid to speak up or even disagree with blacks even slightly. They don't realize it but a lot of blacks think they are spineless wimps and they don't trust them. They trust more whites with a backbone who aren't afraid to disagree and argue with them.

Reactions: 93and99
Conservatives are far more 'forward' with their views.
Progressives literally 'use' minorities like they always have.

True, classic Liberal actually address the issues head-on.
But if you talk to most minorities, they hate true, classic Liberals the most, even more than Conservatives.

That said ... the Trump administration has done far more for minorities.
Opportunity is the best way to empower minorities ... although we need to do more, education-wise.

Remember, African-Americans and Native-Americans were kept from gaining educations for generations.
That has still not been addressed, and I'm 100% all for free college for both minorities until their demographics are improved.

It's in the interest of all Americans to address our two (2), most disadvantaged demographics.
Patting ourselves on-the-back for addressing Hispanic-American education is okay, but it still overshadows these two (2) groups too much.

Conservatives are far more 'forward' with their views. Progressives literally 'use' minorities like they always have.
I find it curious that we've got conservative posters here who want to bash those Dems for 'patronizing' language, but at least they are engaging minority voters. What are conservatives doing?

Since this thread is supposedly about the way politicians -- specifically Presidential candidates -- are are messaging minorities, it should be pointed out that the study indicated that conservative politicians address minorities at a significantly smaller level than progressives.

I recently read a Washington Post op-ed from Mia Love the only black Republican woman in House who was recently defeated in her reelection bid. She said Republicans have not effectively pitched the party's conservative principles to minorities in American cities and elsewhere. In the op-ed she
wrote, “We have especially failed to bring our message to, and connect with, women and racial minorities. And we have effectively written off cities as Democratic strongholds. Our nation is poorer for it.” (I'd link the op-ed but, unfortunately, you have to be a subscriber to read it.)

Closer to many of you, Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, the first Latina to ever hold federally elected office, is retiring after 30 years from her seat representing South Florida and its Hispanic-heavy population. She said that the GOP has not adapted over the years to include members of society who are not white men.

Ros-Lehtinen said that young people “rejected” the GOP this past election, suggesting that Republicans are in danger of failing to capture future generations of voters unless they cultivate a more inclusive tone.

Reactions: bluechip12
https://www.intellectualtakeout.org...erals-patronize-minorities-conservatives-dont

Mike Gonzalez, a senior research fellow at The Heritage Foundation, told The Daily Signal that he found the study’s results unsurprising.

“It was shocking, but not surprising, to see documented data that liberals are condescending toward minorities. Shocking because one would think that in 2018 everyone would strive to treat individuals as individuals,” Gonzalez said.

“But it wasn’t surprising because it is part of the liberal writ precisely not to think of individuals as such, but as members of identity collectives with inherent traits and ways of thinking, and to believe that members of designated minorities need government help to succeed,” he said.

the silent racism of lowered expectations....
In what world do you live????

Reactions: NinjaKnight
the history of the democratic party proves it. theyve just gotten really good at the slight of hand recently.

Since we're speaking of slight of hand, let's talk about yours. How have all those 'racist' Southern Democrats that were in the party voted since the Civil Rights Act?

Since we're speaking of slight of hand, let's talk about yours. How have all those 'racist' Southern Democrats that were in the party voted since the Civil Rights Act?
You mean the Democrats selling the lie that the parties switched sides?

Reactions: UCFWayne
You mean the Democrats selling the lie that the parties switched sides?

The lie?

So you're saying that there wasn't a transformation in voting patterns among the Southern States following the passing of the Civil Rights Act?

Strom Thurmond didn't leave the Democrat Party soon after the bill passed?

Barry Goldwater, who was one of the few non-Confederate state senators to vote against the bill didn't become the GOP's candidate for President? Even though Barry got crushed in the general election by Johnson, he became the first Republican candidate in history to have swept the deep Southern States. Was that a coincidence?

Since I'm one of those people who apparently is "selling the lie that the parties switched sides," please explain how I'm guilty of lying.

Reactions: bluechip12
The lie?

So you're saying that there wasn't a transformation in voting patterns among the Southern States following the passing of the Civil Rights Act?

Strom Thurmond didn't leave the Democrat Party soon after the bill passed?

Barry Goldwater, who was one of the few non-Confederate state senators to vote against the bill didn't become the GOP's candidate for President? Even though Barry got crushed in the general election by Johnson, he became the first Republican candidate in history to have swept the deep Southern States. Was that a coincidence?

Since I'm one of those people who apparently is "selling the lie that the parties switched sides," please explain how I'm guilty of lying.
There was a shift but it wasn’t race-based; it was the economy. https://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/magazine/10Section2b.t-4.html

I’m not going to bother with the rest. For someone who touts tolerance and diversity, you and the rest of your compatriots constantly state or imply that Republicans are racist, bigoted, and whatever other hate label you can apply. I’m not even a Republican and it gets old as hell. Every once in awhile, you have an honest and open discussion. But nearly every argument you have has the underlying straw man that white or Christian or Republican is racist, bigoted, or evil; and all of your logic flows from the fruit of that poisoned tree. Damn, it gets old.

But nearly every argument you have has the underlying straw man that white or Christian or Republican is racist, bigoted, or evil; and all of your logic flows from the fruit of that poisoned tree.

Exactly this. This is why @DaShuckster called me racist. He won't look at himself, admit it, apologize and reform though. It's truly sad.

Reactions: UCFBS
This has been common knowledge for anyone with at least half a brain. Reference this video as proof:

Reactions: UCFBS
There was a shift but it wasn’t race-based; it was the economy.

Yeah, just like the Civil War wasn't really fought about slavery either. [eyeroll]

I'm not going to say that the improved economy in the South wasn't a factor for some. I have no doubt it was. But to say that race didn't play a significant role in the South's switch from Democrat to Republican is disingenuous at best.

For someone who touts tolerance and diversity, you and the rest of your compatriots constantly state or imply that Republicans are racist, bigoted, and whatever other hate label you can apply.

The notion that I'm a "crazy-lib" who 'sees racism' in everything 'Those Conservatives' say is BS.

For the record, I've spent the vast majority of my voting life as a registered Republican. I have been--and continue to be--a staunch fiscal conservative. Crazy me, though, I happen to think that allowing GLBT people to live their lives without being discriminated against is a conservative stance too. And I didn't -- and still don't -- believe that we should have gotten militarily involved in the Middle East and spent years -- and precious lives and billions of dollars -- in that no-win quagmire. But I'm okay with being your evil liberal boogieman as long as we're engaged in a real debate.

I am personally attacked on a regular basis here for my views but I'm called out because I call racist language racist? To be honest, instead of calling somebody's post "racist crap", the more appropriate description would have been "xenophobic crap." But, again for the record, I apologized if it was taken personally.

In most cases, we don't personally know each other. So the sense of who we are is based on the comments we post, Period. From now on, I plan to be more careful about what I say that might be taken personally and hope I will be afforded that same respect. ............that said, this is a mud hole so no one is going to wallow around here for very long without getting dirty. :)

This has been common knowledge for anyone with at least half a brain.

I agree. It makes make one wonder why Republicans still continue to push voter ID laws with the goal of suppressing Black voters. Oh yeah, I forgot, because of widespread voter fraud, right guys? :)

https://thinkprogress.org/gop-offic...-votes-of-democrats-lazy-blacks-1d946561cedd/

https://www.inquisitr.com/1005250/n...admits-voter-id-laws-intend-to-suppress-vote/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/republicans-admit-voter-id-laws-are-aimed-at-democratic-voters

This has been common knowledge for anyone with at least half a brain. Reference this video as proof:

"Not informed" really made me cringe.
Progressives have literally been institutionalized into thinking African-Americans have issues completely different than their real challenges.
It utterly drives me insane, as it does not only other Libertarians, but even true, classic Liberals.

The other thing is that 8% of African-Americans stayed home in 2016 because they remembered Hillary from 2008.
Not only misconstruing that as VoterID being anti-African-American, let alone mis-representing a more Latin-American issue as African-American, really gets old.
That's what drives me insane about Progressives, they literally 'lump all minorities' into one basket.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...n-2016-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/93540772/

Yeah, just like the Civil War wasn't really fought about slavery either. [eyeroll]

I'm not going to say that the improved economy in the South wasn't a factor for some. I have no doubt it was. But to say that race didn't play a significant role in the South's switch from Democrat to Republican is disingenuous at best.

The notion that I'm a "crazy-lib" who 'sees racism' in everything 'Those Conservatives' say is BS.

For the record, I've spent the vast majority of my voting life as a registered Republican. I have been--and continue to be--a staunch fiscal conservative. Crazy me, though, I happen to think that allowing GLBT people to live their lives without being discriminated against is a conservative stance too. And I didn't -- and still don't -- believe that we should have gotten militarily involved in the Middle East and spent years -- and precious lives and billions of dollars -- in that no-win quagmire. But I'm okay with being your evil liberal boogieman as long as we're engaged in a real debate.

I am personally attacked on a regular basis here for my views but I'm called out because I call racist language racist? To be honest, instead of calling somebody's post "racist crap", the more appropriate description would have been "xenophobic crap." But, again for the record, I apologized if it was taken personally.

In most cases, we don't personally know each other. So the sense of who we are is based on the comments we post, Period. From now on, I plan to be more careful about what I say that might be taken personally and hope I will be afforded that same respect. ............that said, this is a mud hole so no one is going to wallow around here for very long without getting dirty. :)
Then I respectfully request that you please tell me what was racist or xenophobic about what I posted. Still waiting, waiting, waiting and waiting some more.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Then I respectfully request that you please tell me what was racist or xenophobic about what I posted. Still waiting, waiting, waiting and waiting some more.
It's funny how Progressives completely stereotype Christians. It's amazing how far they've fallen in just a couple of decades, completely eradicating themselves from their classic, Liberal values.

They used to understand how Christian churches and charities are heavily responsible for our resettlement of refugees, but now they give that credit to the government. They also used to be against any type of censorship, but now they are leading the charge of it.

the south never had a majority gop in the house or senate until sometimes in the 90s. yea that shift happened in the 60s....

as a proportion of their membership, more rep voted for the civil rights law than the dems. remember that super racist law that punished blacks for crack more than whites for cocaine? yea that was pushed by a dem. remember those laws that were really strict on petty crime that disproportionately affected minorities? yea that was pushed by a dem and i believe trump is reeling that back in now...

My bad. I guess xenophobic is too big a word for you to understand.

as a proportion of their membership, more rep voted for the civil rights law than the dems.
Exactly! What part of the country did those Democrat votes AGAINST the Civil Rights Act come from?

Are those people still voting Democrat or are they voting Republican now?

Exactly! What part of the country did those Democrat votes AGAINST the Civil Rights Act come from?

Are those people still voting Democrat or are they voting Republican now?
i dont know why dont you fill us all in. at the same time you are getting that information, feel free to come up with a response to the second part of my post. i will wait.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT