ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Activities

Yep (er, maybe)... :)

A great guide for us Libertarians!*

I'm definitely in the, "it's summer, wtf do we do with the kids?" ...boat.

I'm putting my 9, 7, and 5 year old on a summer long tree house / fort project... I'll build the main structure, but those three will be planning, designing (with my help), clearing, excavating, cleaning, preparing, painting, and finishing to keep busy in between camps and vacations.

Reactions: Nautiknight
When I lived in Florida , summer meant traveling to the mountains with my kids back in the day. We would do some camping and then stay in one of our vacation rentals which was fun for them but work for me as maintenance projects would happen. Then travel irony happened when I moved to the mountains.

We would haul the boat to Florida to go the Keys or the Bahamas and hang down there for a few weeks. My youngest was in Scouts made it to Life before getting burned out. So we had summer camp there .in 2018 we took a month long trip out west going from the Grand Canyon to Zion to Tetons to Yellowstone to the Black Hills and Badlands. It was an amazing adventure. We even took the kids to the Corn Palace in Mitchell South Dakota and the St. Louis Arch.

Most summers living here in the mountains had days filled with day hikes, mountain biking and tine on the boat plying the waters of Fontana Lake where we jumped off cliffs and rope swings, tubed and had fun. I miss my kids when they were that age.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT