ADVERTISEMENT

Tacko out for the season

If Tacko comes back, this team is going to be amazing next year. I think that he should return to improve his draft status which can’t be as high as the end of last year with this injury

I’ll be the first to say it. This could be good for us, selfishly speaking, in the long run. Tacko is bound to come back next year. BJ is back. Aubrey is back. And the current players all get almost half a season to get meaningful minutes and gel.

Heck we could be favorites in the conference next year.

Oh an Chance has been out.

Just have to hope no one transfers.

And we will be absolutely loaded in the front court next year (if no one transfers). 4 centers Tacko, Chad Brown, Rokas and Collin Smith. And it would be amazing if Rokas and Smith develop into strench 4/5 players.

Then 3 great wingers and 4 great guards.

Absolutely loaded for next year.

I’ll be the first to say it. This could be good for us, selfishly speaking, in the long run. Tacko is bound to come back next year. BJ is back. Aubrey is back. And the current players all get almost half a season to get meaningful minutes and gel.

Heck we could be favorites in the conference next year.

Oh an Chance has been out.

Just have to hope no one transfers.

BJ will be eligible to be a 5th year Grad Transfer but I don't see him leaving at this time. (If Tacko stays, 98.6% chance BJ stays. If Tacko goes pro,maybe in Europe, 20% BJ might look around for his final year.)

I doubt that the NCAA will grant Tacko a medical redshirt so he has an additional year of eligibility.

Regardless, someone will give him a shot to play professionally. You can't teach 7'-6". Add to it the engineering degree he'll get in a year or so and he has a bright future.

I doubt that the NCAA will grant Tacko a medical redshirt so he has an additional year of eligibility.

Regardless, someone will give him a shot to play professionally. You can't teach 7'-6". Add to it the engineering degree he'll get in a year or so and he has a bright future.
Isn’t he only a junior?

Yes, Tacko is a true Junior.

He still had another year of eligibility but neither he nor UCF mentioned yesterday anything about his future playing days for UCF.

BJ will be eligible to be a 5th year Grad Transfer but I don't see him leaving at this time. (If Tacko stays, 98.6% chance BJ stays. If Tacko goes pro,maybe in Europe, 20% BJ might look around for his final year.)

That’s a scary thought.

BJ aint going anywhere. Hometown kid, no way he ditches now. Gonna win us our first tourney game before his career is over.

Recruiting never ends...even for your current players now that 5th year's can transfer/play immediately.

Yeah. We have been fortunate to dodge that bullet in the past with Keith Clanton and Matt Williams. I’m surprised that there was never any talk about Skyes potentially transferring.

AJ still seems like our biggest transfer in recent memory. So it works both ways.

I wonder how communication for transfers work? Can a school contact any player? Or does the player have to make first contact?

BJ aint going anywhere. Hometown kid, no way he ditches now. Gonna win us our first tourney game before his career is over.

Yeah I doubt he transfers anywhere unless there are issues with coaches that we don’t know about. His dad is such a cool dude. I have a feeling they are very close.

Yeah. We have been fortunate to dodge that bullet in the past with Keith Clanton and Matt Williams. I’m surprised that there was never any talk about Skyes potentially transferring.

AJ still seems like our biggest transfer in recent memory. So it works both ways.

I wonder how communication for transfers work? Can a school contact any player? Or does the player have to make first contact?
I think it has to be announced officially that the kid wants to transfer. I've seen a letter where the school names the schools that he is allowed to talk to. Not sure if that is required though.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Johnny (IMHO) needs to get the horrible shooting, horrible free throw shooting, and injuries under control by 2019/2020 year. For me, he's got a pass on this garbage shooting percentage and free throw shooting this year. If the injuries just keep on coming...let's get a new S&C coach!!

ADVERTISEMENT