ADVERTISEMENT

Tampa media is obsessed with UCF

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007
And not just the USF beat writer. They are more upset than Alabama/Birmingham media about this Claim.

I mean, are they really gonna write about USF? They got a trophy with assless chaps for their best season ever. That says a lot about where they are.

Reactions: jsnook523
How ignorant. They don't seem to get that a viable path to a playoff for all FBS teams could be a good thing for USF and their local paper. They, along with many USF fans, are all vigorously defending the system that keeps USF down in order to diminish UCF's accomplishments.
I doubt their local paper is pro-USF. They are printing what Gator fans want to read, the average USF fan is just too dumb to see through it.

They could care less about usf. Those that do are just upset they haven't won anything.

yep USF gets Arena team treatment and some of their fans just want to accept it
They are pathetic. I was thinking the same thing reading some of the Tampa media and Bull pen stuff after we beat Auburn and claimed a share of the National Title.

USF fans and alumni tend to be followers. They need someone else to tell them what to say and think. UCF is more forward thinking and trailblazers. Honestly, that’s pretty much what separates these 2 schools. So glad I chose UCF over USF.

I doubt their local paper is pro-USF. They are printing what Gator fans want to read, the average USF fan is just too dumb to see through it.

I'm sure Tampa Bay Times sports section got a lot more clicks and subscriptions from the local USF fans when USF was in the Big East and they were drawing large crowds. There's such a defeatist mentality among USF people ever since the Big East split up and their defeat on I-4 this year set them back even further. All they do is bad mouth the AAC as if they deserve any better. What a sad state of affairs over there.

I'm sure Tampa Bay Times sports section got a lot more clicks and subscriptions from the local USF fans when USF was in the Big East and they were drawing large crowds. There's such a defeatist mentality among USF people ever since the Big East split up and their defeat on I-4 this year set them back even further. All they do is bad mouth the AAC as if they deserve any better. What a sad state of affairs over there.
their fanbase has found a way to be arrogant while never really accomplishing anything

I want UCF out of the AAC and in the Power 5 but at least UCF has won the Conferences they are in. USF fans have a little Gator arrogance in them and they have yet to win 1 Conference Title

Reactions: HammerB08
their fanbase has found a way to be arrogant while never really accomplishing anything

I want UCF out of the AAC and in the Power 5 but at least UCF has won the Conferences they are in. USF fans have a little Gator arrogance in them and they have yet to win 1 Conference Title

Yep. We all know the AAC is the 6th best conference to be in and want better. But meanwhile, make it the best you can and....ya know...win it. If every AAC program had the woe is me USF mindset, the AAC wouldn't have even earned its place as the undisputed 6th best conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT