ADVERTISEMENT

TCU = Classy Fans

CBlackwellRN

Silver Knight
Oct 21, 2001
Orlando, Florida
drchristopherblackwell.com
What a GAME and what a WIN! TCU has a beautiful campus, a hell of a nice and loud/energetic stadium, and probably the classiest opposing fans I’ve ever been around (and I’ve been to countless away UCF games over the last 28 years). So many TCU fans came up to my dad and I as we exited the stadium and shook our hands and congratulated us on a great game. And so many welcomed us when walked the campus beforehand as well. On a side note, we took an AWESOME JFK Assassination Tour on Friday and ate the BEST BBQ on the planet @ Terry Black’s! Dallas/Ft. Worth are GREAT cities. I hope all my fellow Knights who went to the game enjoyed Dallas/Ft. Worth and TCU as much as we did. Now, on to the Buffs. GO KNIGHTS!

Chris

Apparently not all of them, lol. We were in College Station for the weekend visiting our daughter and after the game we were getting out of our vehicle at the Airbnb and there was a group of about 10 walking down the sidewalk towards Northgate (bar district) when one of them saw my UCF shirt, he yelled Hey! Go frogs, F**k UCF! My wife said very classy! and I just smiled. He started towards us with his friends "holding him back." I just started laughing and told them to have a great evening. Cooler heads in the group moved him on down the street. Guess there's always one, lol.

The only game I will never go back to is USF. Last one I went to we lost 64-3 in 2007. Left that game when someone poured a beer on my wife and I and wanted to fight with my wife. They poured water in our seats when we went to the bathroom and a bear over our heads when we got a FG. Not wanting to fight 5-10 people, we just left the game. I'll never attend another game at USF. I've been to ECU, FAU, BC, Virginia Tech, UAB, SMU, Memphis, and Houston with no issues. When my health improves, I'm taking my wife to see some of the away games in the Big 12 (Baylor, Utah, etc.) ECU and BC were the nicest out of the bunch. Out of our old CUSA group, I really hope ECU can get it together and beat the snot out of USF.

The only game I will never go back to is USF. Last one I went to we lost 64-3 in 2007. Left that game when someone poured a beer on my wife and I and wanted to fight with my wife. They poured water in our seats when we went to the bathroom and a bear over our heads when we got a FG. Not wanting to fight 5-10 people, we just left the game. I'll never attend another game at USF. I've been to ECU, FAU, BC, Virginia Tech, UAB, SMU, Memphis, and Houston with no issues. When my health improves, I'm taking my wife to see some of the away games in the Big 12 (Baylor, Utah, etc.) ECU and BC were the nicest out of the bunch. Out of our old CUSA group, I really hope ECU can get it together and beat the snot out of USF.
I'll never go to a USF game in Tampa again. Rude beyond rude!

Reactions: Knight59
Boise State fans were consistently the nicest I’ve ever been around while in Boise at an away game. Continuously thanking us for being there, saying they were super impressed with our turnout, hoping we had a good time and genuinely wanting to know what we did, how we enjoyed it. Their stadium and game day was top notch too, shame they have been left out.

Cincy was the shittiest fan treatment at an away game I’ve been too, dump of a city too. It seems like most Big12 teams have been super welcoming to our fans.

Apparently not all of them, lol. We were in College Station for the weekend visiting our daughter and after the game we were getting out of our vehicle at the Airbnb and there was a group of about 10 walking down the sidewalk towards Northgate (bar district) when one of them saw my UCF shirt, he yelled Hey! Go frogs, F**k UCF! My wife said very classy! and I just smiled. He started towards us with his friends "holding him back." I just started laughing and told them to have a great evening. Cooler heads in the group moved him on down the street. Guess there's always one, lol.
Wow! Sorry you experienced that. The fans at the actual game were the polar opposite.

Reactions: PothTXKnight
There was a lot of noise from the speakers in the stadium which seemed to be a top notch audio system but maybe I was just sitting close to them or something. It's great for their students to get such ideal seats and it helps keep the atmosphere rolling more than it otherwise would, IMO. It was a weird game from their perspective - like I doubt many Baylor fans who traveled to Orlando in 2023 thought the atmosphere was great when it looks like it will be a blowout, fans start to checkout and some leave, and then your team slowly bleeds out the lead the second half.

Only got one "F You" walking around Ft. Worth all weekend and most TCU fans were very welcoming. Would love to be back in the DFW area come December :cool:

Boise State fans were consistently the nicest I’ve ever been around while in Boise at an away game. Continuously thanking us for being there, saying they were super impressed with our turnout, hoping we had a good time and genuinely wanting to know what we did, how we enjoyed it. Their stadium and game day was top notch too, shame they have been left out.

Cincy was the shittiest fan treatment at an away game I’ve been too, dump of a city too. It seems like most Big12 teams have been super welcoming to our fans.
I agree. I had the same experience with the Boise State fans. By far the nicest, friendliest fans. We win on a last minute field goal and they were congratulating us as we are exiting the stadium. Classy.

I've bumped into some of the Cinci fans in Orlando. It was hit or miss.

I've only been embarrassed by our fans when Marshall came down to play us. The chants of plane crash get annoying and the posters with airplane crashes were not so great either. Though it was funny when McConaughey got the same treatment that he started giving us the horns up. I get the jabs at each other but not so much when you want them to just die. *Unless its USF.

I've bumped into some of the Cinci fans in Orlando. It was hit or miss.

I've only been embarrassed by our fans when Marshall came down to play us. The chants of plane crash get annoying and the posters with airplane crashes were not so great either. Though it was funny when McConaughey got the same treatment that he started giving us the horns up. I get the jabs at each other but not so much when you want them to just die. *Unless its USF.
I would like to think and hope that our fans have "evolved" since then.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Great stories. My best fan experience were the times we played Auburn. Worst was by far NC State in Raliegh. I gotta say in the CUSA days East Carolina was a fun Destination. The town kind of sucks but their fans had passion and were decent towards us.

In state , back in the day FSU was great. Florida kind of douchey , then the worse is usf.

Back in the Olde days Troy and Samford were polite campuses . I was in different at Voldasta and GA. Southern.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
What a GAME and what a WIN! TCU has a beautiful campus, a hell of a nice and loud/energetic stadium, and probably the classiest opposing fans I’ve ever been around (and I’ve been to countless away UCF games over the last 28 years). So many TCU fans came up to my dad and I as we exited the stadium and shook our hands and congratulated us on a great game. And so many welcomed us when walked the campus beforehand as well. On a side note, we took an AWESOME JFK Assassination Tour on Friday and ate the BEST BBQ on the planet @ Terry Black’s! Dallas/Ft. Worth are GREAT cities. I hope all my fellow Knights who went to the game enjoyed Dallas/Ft. Worth and TCU as much as we did. Now, on to the Buffs. GO KNIGHTS!

Chris
I had the same experience at the K-State game last year.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
You missed out on a lot of great games in Tampa...as all of the games ever since then...UCF had about half the crowd (or more) so UCF was the HOME TEAM...and sometimes, it was hard to find a cow u fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT