ADVERTISEMENT

Terrible recruiting!!!

Eat this!

We had 10 recruits last class by end of July.
We had 15 recruits last class by end of Dec.
We had 22 recruits last class by Feb signing day.

I liked the class and see how his method works.
Very Well!

We also had quite a few decommits last year after summer so im confident our numbers will be good. We are way ahead this year in quality than before. Cant wait to see who ends up being surprise commits later in the cycle.

Just wait until Purdue starts calling...
Was only kentucky that really threatened us, purdue was only a switch because a kids dad and one of our coaches "got into it" over him taking visits (not even to purdue). We forced the purdue kid to decommit

We also had quite a few decommits last year after summer so im confident our numbers will be good. We are way ahead this year in quality than before. Cant wait to see who ends up being surprise commits later in the cycle.
Yes, this year is more about quality than quantity. We already are stockpiled at the skilled positions and hardly none of the rotational guys are graduating in 2018. This makes it hard for us to recruit any impact players this year at some positions, i.e. RB, WR, LB. Not saying we can't recruit those positions, but in some instances, it's better to save the scholly for a year and be able to extend it to an impact guy who then sees he can come in and play almost immediately. Right now, some guys could be looking at a 2 yr. wait for those positions. Yes, Alabama and Michigan can market a 2 yr wait to an impact player, but for us...not so much.

Thus, this year we are mostly focusing on OL and DL, and TE, which are areas where guys can see that spots opening on the near horizon. At other spots, we will probably only seek 1 guy, and that will be for future depth or development. (Yes, impact WR- Perriman is an exception to that but he is a special case being a high impact guy who is part of a Legacy family).

It is fairly unique what has has happened, where we have a gaping hole in our graduation progression, where after this season hardly no starters on offense graduate except Aaron Evans and maybe Akins I believe. Of course the good news is that mostly the entire offense will return in 2018. Also, only 3 projected starters on D graduate after this year, Shaquem, Pittman and Guerad.

Again, making it a little challenging to recruit big numbers for this year, but also spelling some good things for experience in 2018 and beyond.

I think (hope) we are seeing a new trend with quality depth so that packing on new play makers isn't an issue. There's so much that UCF has to offer (like completing degree) and most players realistically don't get quality starting time until their third year on established programs. I'm just hoping that we get 5 years out of Frost so our program is set for next decade. I have to believe that he will leave behind many quality coaches to carry forward what he is doing here. He's a good man who does things right! Many on his staff are both learning from and already following his example. GOL was good for us after Coach K. It's a new day :)

ADVERTISEMENT