ADVERTISEMENT

The 11 Best Tiny Houses You Can Buy on Amazon

https://gizmodo.com/the-11-best-tiny-houses-you-can-buy-on-amazon-1819377589

I dont get the tiny house fad but I do think its interesting. IF you were forced to get one of these 11 tiny homes, which would it be?

I like the Allwood Eagle Point best, but would probably go with the Lillevilla Allwood Getaway Cabin is a decent especially for the price.

lol one of those is an actual 2 story house and one is just a cabin.

It says they sell "kits". I am guessing these come with wood planks and components and you have to then hire someone to assemble the entire house. Sounds expensive.

Ditto. I don't care how much you love someone, you will kill them in a space that small after about a week. Besides, I have shit and need a place for it.
Eg1iJkv.jpg

Reactions: UCFBS
lol one of those is an actual 2 story house and one is just a cabin.

It says they sell "kits". I am guessing these come with wood planks and components and you have to then hire someone to assemble the entire house. Sounds expensive.
yea as well as pull permits and pass inspections

I don't understand how these can be considered "tiny houses" when most don't even have a functioning bathroom or kitchen. Most on the list are just sheds.

Knighted and I watch these shows on HGTV with people shopping for their dream tiny home. I just puke watching them. These idiots believe they will be able to entertain friends and family in a 50-75sqft living room. Not everybody wants to sit outside or on your bed.

Reactions: btbones
A lot of these tiny houses here are junk. I wouldn't buy them.
Anything log isn't going to last in the Mid-Atlantic or South unless its cedar. Sheds are stupid for a home, and won't last.

However, in some cases, that's the idea ... only a 10-20 year home, replace when you want something new. I can see that view too.

Going the other way, the steel container can last forever ... with known caveats.
First off, the steel frame is great. But you need to replace the sides, especially in Florida or anywhere wet and/or windy.

I've seen some excellent designs using multiple containers, but it's going to cost you money to fill them in. But they will take punishment as a result.

I spend a dozen years traveling, and I almost went this route. I could live in 400 sq. ft ... easily, and was debating RV v. tiny house or even ISO Container-based home.
E.g., the 20-40 x 8-10' ISO container is only $500-1,000 to ship anywhere, and can much more capable of a home than a RV.

I was going to buy anywhere from 5-15 acres and place down a pair of tiny houses and storage units, including one that could be a "mobile home office."

But in the end, I found 3 acres with a house + storage building + workshop-garage on a hill here south of Birmingham, AL (close in less than 2 weeks), with a 3,000 student college only 4 miles away.
It started as a old, but very well built, farm house from 1945 that kept getting expanded into 1,200 sq ft home, including 300 sq ft partial basement and its separate entrance. Cinder block base, old wood frame (they don't build them like they used to), and the original, cedar paneling.

There is also a large, screened in patio for entertaining a couple dozen people, in addition to the porch with the old well. Roof, bathroom, etc... are all newer too.

It's close enough to be on city water now, even though it's at the end of the run. Again, it also has pair of additional buildings for storage, workshop and a garage, which includes an RV hookup. Still toying with a 24-30' RV purchase, especially since the wife still loves to travel (misses those "working vacations" with me).

I'm going to put in central heat and air (insurance goes way down, worth it), but I'm still going to leave the window units. Close the door and just run the A/C for that room. That's the appeal of tiny houses for me in the south, reduced cooling costs.

All for less than I could probably do it myself with some tiny houses. When going rural, one can get a lot for one's money, especially as the city is growing south (it's only going to go up in value).

I think "tiny houses" are really an urban homeowner's answer, like in Detroit.
- http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...16/09/08/detroit-tiny-homes-project/90005674/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT