ADVERTISEMENT

The Coronavirus thread - 3/30 Trump accuses NY hospital workers of stealing PPE.

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
Anyone stocking up on some shit just in case? We got the last two N95 respirators at the hardware store. Gonna get a few months of non-perishable food and some extra large bottles of sanitizer and disinfectant.

Who else is prepping a little bit? I have about 14 days until I was going to need to pay on a European cruise but I think we're just going to let the deposits go and reschedule later.

Planning on getting the Corona just to get it over with. That way I'm immune when you guys catch it ;)

Stock market is down again... Corona!

Orlando airport has travelers wearing masks. Getting real!

Unless these are people adopting the Asian model to wear one with a cold (we don't do that), this people are morons. They're wasting single use masks for flights in a country with no active community transmission.

I watched people at the airport the other day reach up under their masks with their fingers to touch their face. Voiding the entire premise of the mask.

Unless these are people adopting the Asian model to wear one with a cold (we don't do that), this people are morons. They're wasting single use masks for flights in a country with no active community transmission.

I watched people at the airport the other day reach up under their masks with their fingers to touch their face. Voiding the entire premise of the mask.

The TSA lady made a group of cheerleaders wearing masks each take it off as she verified the ID. Seemed like that defeated the purpose.

I will be setting up my Hurricane list in April, will load up food, water, ect just like usual. The Corona is basically a flu virus, right now it is under control here, and likely will be slow to take hold over the summer. Other than Supply chain issues, it won't cause any real problems before late sept or early oct. Unlike me, most on this board are under 60 and will survive it..

Reactions: Crazyhole
I will be setting up my Hurricane list in April, will load up food, water, ect just like usual. The Corona is basically a flu virus, right now it is under control here, and likely will be slow to take hold over the summer. Other than Supply chain issues, it won't cause any real problems before late sept or early oct. Unlike me, most on this board are under 60 and will survive it..
Yeah old people get fuuuuuucked up from this thing. You should take it more serious than saying it's like the flu. To my knowledge it's got like a 20% mortality rate on people over 80 such as yourself.

I'm prepared even if it doesn't get to pandemic level. I can eat my nonperishable food whenever so what do I care.

I think Trump my have some explaining to do since he fired the person responsible for coordinating efforts to fight global pandemics 2 years ago and never replaced him. He also cut CDC funding for the CDC to work in partnership with other nations to fight the spread of infectious diseases for 39 out of 49 of the countries we partner with. One of the countries cut was China.

Seems like we could probably use the pandemic response team right about now.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I'm prepared even if it doesn't get to pandemic level. I can eat my nonperishable food whenever so what do I care.

I think Trump my have some explaining to do since he fired the person responsible for coordinating efforts to fight global pandemics 2 years ago and never replaced him. He also cut CDC funding for the CDC to work in partnership with other nations to fight the spread of infectious diseases for 39 out of 49 of the countries we partner with. One of the countries cut was China.

Hire Bernie...He has great ideas with praising dictatorships. They probably know how to stop it. People just disappear

Reactions: Crazyhole
Why are my stocks going so crazy with this virus? They went up $25,000 in the last 5 days?

I don’t have any investments in mask companies that I’m aware of

"Pandemic response team". Lol at that term. How exactly does the United States stop something that originates in china from spreading to other countries?

Yeah old people get fuuuuuucked up from this thing. You should take it more serious than saying it's like the flu. To my knowledge it's got like a 20% mortality rate on people over 80 such as yourself.

well I have about 15 years before I hit 80, so maybe there is hope :eek:)

"Pandemic response team". Lol at that term. How exactly does the United States stop something that originates in china from spreading to other countries?
It was an actual group at the CDC. How do we stop diseases that originate in china? We have a partnership of CDC employees in 49 countries. Well, we did, including China, until Trump gutted it. He's gonna need to answer to that.

It was an actual group at the CDC. How do we stop diseases that originate in china? We have a partnership of CDC employees in 49 countries. Well, we did, including China, until Trump gutted it. He's gonna need to answer to that.

Unless you can prove to me that the CDC has no remaining pandemic experts that can form strategy to respond to this, and these guys were the only ones capable of mapping a response strategy, you're needlessly and worthlessly trying to make this political.

New case in California in a man who hasn't traveled to an infected country. He caught it here.

Shutting down schools in Japan. I wonder if they will halt travel to and from infected areas for us citizens?

Well we got Mike Pence in charge (fall guy) the dude who created an HIV epidemic in Indiana and doesn't believe in science. I thought we would try to do more than Pray the virus away but I guess not.

When mike inevitably fails and Trump throws him under the bus, remember that that was his plan the whole time. Trump hates Pence.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I've got a conference in Malta and since I have the rest of the week off, going to Dubai and then Muscat for fun.

lol I was literally just in Muscat, flew to Dubai, and am now in Abu Dhabi. Leaving tonight.

Oman is awesome. It’s the most laid back and beautiful place over here. I just stayed at the brand new JW Marriott by the airport. Top notch.

I've got a conference in Malta and since I have the rest of the week off, going to Dubai and then Muscat for fun.
I was suposed to go to Orlando in 5 weeks, I'm not even going there. That place is going to be riddled with coronavirus on spring break. Thank God I live somewhere where no international visitors come.

lol I was literally just in Muscat, flew to Dubai, and am now in Abu Dhabi. Leaving tonight.

Oman is awesome. It’s the most laid back and beautiful place over here. I just stayed at the brand new JW Marriott by the airport. Top notch.

That's what I heard. Dubai was fun for a few nights but Muscat was the place to go. I think we are staying at that Marriott because cabs will only go to the hotels. The flights are insanely cheap once you get over there.

That's what I heard. Dubai was fun for a few nights but Muscat was the place to go. I think we are staying at that Marriott because cabs will only go to the hotels. The flights are insanely cheap once you get over there.

If you have time, go to Al Ain in UAE or Salalah in Oman. They're both rare and awesome green places in the Middle East and way different from the usual places.

HHS leader wouldn't say coronavirus vaccine would be available to everyone and not just the wealthy.

Nice.

HHS leader wouldn't say coronavirus vaccine would be available to everyone and not just the wealthy.

Nice.
Bottom line is Politicians, their familys, will be on top of the list, followed by Medical personnel, and then first responders, once it goes to general public, the rich no doubt will be at the front of the line.

Nice.
Good. Let nature do its job and weed out the undesirables. Eugenics by nature is the most effective form of population control. It'll probably help with carbon output as well.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Good. Let nature do its job and weed out the undesirables. Eugenics by nature is the most effective form of population control. It'll probably help with carbon output as well.
While I do agree, especially since it is most deadly against the filthy elderly, I think will be politically damaging when people's grandparents are dying because Trump wanted to save a few bucks in the CDC.

While I do agree, especially since it is most deadly against the filthy elderly, I think will be politically damaging when people's grandparents are dying because Trump wanted to save a few bucks in the CDC.

Old people mostly died in China because Trump

ADVERTISEMENT