ADVERTISEMENT

The Final Biden-Trump Debate

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
Their first one was an absolute clusterfcuk. I don't have any expectations this one will be any better -- but I plan to watch it.

It's kind of one of those "slow down to see the big car wreck on the side of the road" kind of deals. :)

are y'all gonna be able to keep your hurt feelings under control when President Trump dominates the room again?

At least it was a real debate this time. I dont think either did anything to move the needle, which I think is a benefit for Biden because Trump likely has to make up ground.

I will say that Joe didn’t do nearly as bad as I thought he would in either debate but the blatant lie about never saying he wanted to ban fracking and cutting oil will hurt in swing states that he needs to win. Blaming the new China scandal on Russia (who else) probably won’t go over too well either.

I will say that Joe didn’t do nearly as bad as I thought he would in either debate but the blatant lie about never saying he wanted to ban fracking and cutting oil will hurt in swing states that he needs to win. Blaming the new China scandal on Russia (who else) probably won’t go over too well either.

Nobody cares about the China-Russia thing, they spent way too much time on that.

As far fracking goes, https://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsb...lvanians-oppose-fracking/Content?oid=17800496

Majority of people in Pennsylvania oppose fracking (though it is basically 50/50) , so that likely isnt going to play nearly as well as Trump thinks. Politicians care about these issues because of donors, not because the vast majority of the American people care one bit about fracking or the oil companies.

I think they both did fine, doubt it changes much of anything. Moderator actually did a decent job. Trump mostly composed, and Biden's Doctors again did miracles with sleep therapy and what ever stimulants they gave him.

As for energy, No one will give a frack, Other than far left who would be upset with Joe, but most of them understand he has to lie on the subject. I think Trump should not have gone after the corruption thing so much, Joes voter's have shut down to that, and Trumps people unlikely to change either.

Biden had some good moments but all in all, Trump won the debate in regards of keeping his recent momentum. The energy debate was a disaster for Biden, he was on his heels and at one point got visibly angry, then seemed to get tired and started to slur a little bit. The moderator did fantastic and one of Trumps better moments was when he praised her. This format really benefited himself, surprisingly. I didn't think he could be disciplined enough to handle it, but he proved me wrong.

Politicians care about these issues because of donors, not because the vast majority of the American people care one bit about fracking or the oil companies.
The majority of people absolutely care about the amenities afforded to them by oil companies and fracking.

Reactions: Crazyhole
All it takes is 50-100,000 undecided voters to swing the election.

50 million votes have already been cast. People in this country already know who they are voting for either way and these debates do little other than offer a couple of hours of entertainment for the masses.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Even though Dr. Knighttime thinks Trump murdered Joe (Donald could walk around the stage for two hours gargling salt water and knighttime would declare victory for him), they both had good moments and there was much more substantive to this debate. Donald did well with the economy and Joe struck out bigly at the end with his oil rambling. Trump continues to sound like an idiot with regard to the virus and race relations ("I'm the least racist person in this room" just comes across as stupid and awkward).

All in all, with the polarization of this country this debate probably did very little to move the needle either way. It was a victory for Trump, I suppose, because he didn't come across as a raging lunatic like the last debate. It was a victory for Joe in that everyone on the right who said he had lost his mind and was going to get the floor swept by Donald--well, that didn't happen.

50 million votes have already been cast. People in this country already know who they are voting for either way and these debates do little other than offer a couple of hours of entertainment for the masses.
This, there is at most 5% undecided and they deep down already know what they are going to do. This is all about turn out.

I think Trump hurt himself in the first debate not being surgical like last night with the attacks.
Surgical attacks??!? Trump's attacks for the most part fell on deaf ears because anyone living outside of the bubble had no clue what the hell Trump was talking about.

The polls are saying Biden 'won' the debate but I thought it was basically a wash. Trump was much more measured this time around but had some cringeworthy moments regarding covid and his family separation policy. Biden was okay, but his performance was nothing to write home about. His oil comment near the end was his STFU moment.

As KnighttimeJoe said above, it did nothing to move the needle either way -- and that ultimately helps Biden. I'm just glad there's not another one. Let's get this election over with!

Surgical attacks??!? Trump's attacks for the most part fell on deaf ears because anyone living outside of the bubble had no clue what the hell Trump was talking about.

The polls are saying Biden 'won' the debate but I thought it was basically a wash. Trump was much more measured this time around but had some cringeworthy moments regarding covid and his family separation policy. Biden was okay, but his performance was nothing to write home about. His oil comment near the end was his STFU moment.

As KnighttimeJoe said above, it did nothing to move the needle either way -- and that ultimately helps Biden. I'm just glad there's not another one. Let's get this election over with!

Yep no surgical remarks from either side. Most people only watch mainstream media, or sometimes not even that. They know and will not know about all of the Emails with hunter and business people that include Joe in the mix. And even if they did know I don't know how many would change their minds.

Bottom line is this race is already over and no matter what happens the American people are the loser.

I thought Biden actually lost the Covid debate because he came across as not having hope. The dark winter comment was exactly the opposite message of what a candidate should try to convey, and the "lockdown the virus" was worthy of an eyeroll. Trump wasn't good, but he was objective and hopeful instead of being defensive about the past.

Trump wasn't good, but he was objective and hopeful instead of being defensive about the past.
Yeah, I thought that was the case too when he was chastised for having over 500 children who have been separated from their parents for three years now because his administration can't locate their parents. He let it be known that they've been well taken care of. :)

Yeah, I thought that was the case too when he was chastised for having over 500 children who have been separated from their parents for three years now because his administration can't locate their parents. He let it be known that they've been well taken care of. :)
What kind of parents just abandon their kids? It seems much more likely these kids were not brought over with their parents.

If Americans don't panic, why did I have a hard time finding toilet paper for 6 weeks?

What kind of parents just abandon their kids?
WTF? Our government separated the children from their parents when the family applied for asylum and kept zero track of them. And once the Trump Administration was forced to end this appalling practice, they made zero effort to find the parents. A federal judge had to force the issue!

But you'd have us believe this is the parents' fault? 🤪

WTF? Our government separated the children from their parents when the family applied for asylum and kept zero track of them. And once the Trump Administration was forced to end this appalling practice, they made zero effort to find the parents. A federal judge had to force the issue!

But you'd have us believe this is the parents' fault? 🤪
You'd think the parents would go back to get their kids, even if it meant deportation.

That worked equally well for Trump last night. :)
Seems to me like it's working a heck of a lot worse for the kids whose parents abandoned them. Or maybe not. Maybe they actually are better off in the situation they are in now.

Seems to me like it's working a heck of a lot worse for the kids whose parents abandoned them. Or maybe not. Maybe they actually are better off in the situation they are in now.
Keep telling yourself that if it helps.

Keep telling yourself that if it helps.
You are claiming that these kids were being persecuted and that's why they came to America, right? I guess the parents agree and thats why they aren't trying to get them back instead of leaving them in cages.

Face it, there is literally no scenario where you can argue that ICE is keeping kids from being with their parents. Either the parents think the kids are better off where they are, they just don't want the kids and abandoned them, or the kids were brought over by traffickers. No other explanation passes the most basic common sense test.

You are claiming that these kids were being persecuted and that's why they came to America, right?
If Mom and Dad applied for asylum, I'm guessing it's a safe bet that their parents were.
Face it, there is literally no scenario where you can argue that ICE is keeping kids from being with their parents. Either the parents think the kids are better off where they are, they just don't want the kids and abandoned them, or the kids were brought over by traffickers. No other explanation passes the most basic common sense test.
You separate the children from their parents then deport Mom and Dad without any kind of tracking system in place --- but it's the parents' fault they're not yet reunited with their children? Good grief!

If Mom and Dad applied for asylum, I'm guessing it's a safe bet that their parents were.
You separate the children from their parents then deport Mom and Dad without any kind of tracking system in place --- but it's the parents' fault they're not yet reunited with their children? Good grief!
How hard is it to get ahold of the detention center and say "hey, can I have my kid back?"

How hard is it to get ahold of the detention center and say "hey, can I have my kid back?"
Says the Middle-class, white male living comfortably in Mid-America. 🙄

When people apply for asylum, it means they fear for their lives. That's why we've always allowed families in these deadly situations to make their case to a judge why they should be allowed sanctuary in our country.

Since the Trump Administration deported these desperate parents back to their home country (without their kids for crying out loud), is it really that hard to figure out why these parents can't be relocated?

ADVERTISEMENT