ADVERTISEMENT

The Gators are russled to the max about our national championship:

How other fan bases are positively or negatively reacting to this says a lot about them.

UF, USF, and Miami fans seem to be the most bothered by it. FSU fans don't really care, Danny Kannell has been a Pro UCF guy & relates our hate for the 'what if' perception game that runs this sport.

Reactions: Knight_Light
UF, USF, and Miami fans seem to be the most bothered by it. FSU fans don't really care, Danny Kannell has been a Pro UCF guy & relates our hate for the 'what if' perception game that runs this sport.

I get that sense too. And Bama, of course. USF you'd expect, but I didn't think UF fans would care one way or the other. Their outrage is extremely telling.

Most of the football fans I know (Florida, FSU, Miami, Georgia, Notre Dame, Michigan, UCF) think the self proclaimed national championship but is kinda silly, but support it for two reasons. First, it is good publicity for a school that is largely unknown outside the state of Florida. And before you get riled up about that comment, understand that most folks outside of Florida don't know the difference between UF and FSU. Second, it may help convince the Powers that Be to change the current playoff format to a 16 team playoff.

Most of the football fans I know (Florida, FSU, Miami, Georgia, Notre Dame, Michigan, UCF) think the self proclaimed national championship but is kinda silly, but support it for two reasons. First, it is good publicity for a school that is largely unknown outside the state of Florida. And before you get riled up about that comment, understand that most folks outside of Florida don't know the difference between UF and FSU. Second, it may help convince the Powers that Be to change the current playoff format to a 16 team playoff.

Shhhhhh... Don't let the cat out of the bag, especially to your SEC cohorts. It's much more enjoyable to watch the meltdowns over their perceived reasons why this is happening.

numerically we were champs, logistically we were champs, because were not in the p-5 we're stopped from being the "system" champs.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Kirby Smart still had the best response, especially considering he was actually in the CFP Final, and he didn't want to take away from what his players had accomplished. That is really a fine example of how to handle these situations. You can complement, even join, UCF in its frustration, without taking away from the accomplishments of one's players.

I wish more SEC teams and players would understand that. It's not about not recognizing Alabama or Georgia who won their NY bowl games, but that UCF did too ... but didn't have a chance. Not with the CFP committee in charge, and no longer the BCS computers which had UCF #3.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/g...weighs-ucf-declaring-years-national-champion/

The state of Florida never has 3 teams on top. It's always 2 on top while the others struggle or rebuild.
Well, UCF and Miami are on top right now...
Sooooooo....
And UCF didn't lose to a team outside the top 50 like Miami did in Pitt.
EDITED/CORRECTED

Last edited:
Reactions: SADUCFKNIGHT
The state of Florida never has 3 teams on top. It's always 2 on top while the others struggle or rebuild.

Sooooooo....

Actually, there was a time back in the early 90's I think where we had Florida State, Florida, and Miami all in the top 10. In fact all three of them were close to being top 5. I remember kidding a fan of the one that was No. 1 losing to Florida and asking him how it felt to go from 1st in the country to 3rd in the state in one afternoon.

Actually, there was a time back in the early 90's I think where we had Florida State, Florida, and Miami all in the top 10. In fact all three of them were close to being top 5. I remember kidding a fan of the one that was No. 1 losing to Florida and asking him how it felt to go from 1st in the country to 3rd in the state in one afternoon.

They would start in the top 10 but one of them would choke and fall out of the top 25.

Sooooooo....

I've always had a theory that only 2 teams could be on top at any given time. There were a few times where 3 started out in the top 10 but one of them would end up having a bad season.

Miami lost to Pitt and Clemson.
Geez, talk about brain fart. Who lost to Virginia (trying to remember now)?

Ahhh, that's right, Boise State and Georgia Tech lost to Virginia. That's what I was pointing out to various people. That Navy was a lot better than Georgia Tech, and Boise State wasn't remotely as good as UCF.

They would start in the top 10 but one of them would choke and fall out of the top 25.
FSU fans are still making excuses on injuries. And people assume we didn't have injuries.

We lost RBs and others. I had to point that out to Auburn fans ... repeatedly. Especially when they used the "we weren't 100%" and "we didn't give 100%."

I honestly believe that we had the sheer ball-sharing and talent on the O-line that Vedral could have won us a lot of games too. Undefeated? Maybe not.

But still, we wouldn't have tanked like FSU did ... losing to teams much worse than in the AAC.

FSU fans are still making excuses on injuries. And people assume we didn't have injuries.

We lost RBs and others. I had to point that out to Auburn fans ... repeatedly. Especially when they used the "we weren't 100%" and "we didn't give 100%."

I honestly believe that we had the sheer ball-sharing and talent on the O-line that Vedral could have won us a lot of games too. Undefeated? Maybe not.

But still, we wouldn't have tanked like FSU did ... losing to teams much worse than in the AAC.
Auburn’s running back was not hurt when he played us

We were down Jawon Hamilton and Aaron Evans

Additionally, of course they tried. Adrian Killins said that they weren’t fast, so that had to piss them off

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT