ADVERTISEMENT

The Government's at Fault for Train Derailments?

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
It was 'impossible not to SMH when I watch Trump and other Republicans blasting Biden and his Administration for the toxic chemical train derailment in Ohio. And now this week, we've got a new one in Florida.

YEAH, REPUBLICANS ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE POOR VICTIMS --- unlike Biden who obviously doesn't give a damn, right?

I must've had a dream about President Trump and his Republican cronies protecting the big train lobby from....(cue sinister music)...GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS AND 'RED TAPE'!!!! Sad how The Government always gets in the way of free enterprise---until something like this horrendous train derailment happens. THEN, by golly, the government ain't doin' near enough!

Before the detrailment, I wonder how many people in East Palestine, Ohio even had a clue that toxic chemicals were being transported through their town? Or any of us in ANY town with railroad tracks through it for that matter? Yet in the aftermath, you've got those same 'screw government regulations' Governors and Congress people saying "don't move that toxie waste from the crash site to MY State!!!"

Where it alll began. 250,000 years ago our ancestors, likely in what is Africa today, stumbled upon one another and a battle with sticks and stones began. Just as one was getting the upper hand, a large mastadon came out of nowhere and cornered the two guys. For survival they pooled their resources and attacked the mastadon from both sides and downed the beast. They split the kill, and made apact to work together to feed and protect their families. Voila, the first government.

Where it alll began. 250,000 years ago our ancestors, likely in what is Africa today, stumbled upon one another and a battle with sticks and stones began. Just as one was getting the upper hand, a large mastadon came out of nowhere and cornered the two guys. For survival they pooled their resources and attacked the mastadon from both sides and downed the beast. They split the kill, and made apact to work together to feed and protect their families. Voila, the first government.
Kissing Kiss Me GIF by Steve Harvey TV

The freight train lobby spends millions to get Congress to deregulate their industy --- but these same lawmakers get on their high horse when their own actions lead to horrible, community-destroying wrecks like this one.

FWIW, we learned that one of the banks leading the charge to get rid of those 'troublesome' banking regulations that stifle creativity and free enterprise was a bank called SVB. They lobbied for the Banking Deregulation Act of 2018 that Trump signed into law.

Weird fact: SVB was --- surprise, surprise --- the same bank that failed a week ago and sent Wall Street into a tail spin. (But SVB's executives were able to squeak in bonuses for themselves bonuses before the collapse.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT