ADVERTISEMENT

the haves and have nots...

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
Found this paragraph while googlin':

There is still quite a buzz concerning the proposal made a few days ago from the NCAA president of all people that would essentially allow the more powerful schools in division one athletics to form their own league with their own rules which would allow them to directly pay at least half of their athletes a sum of $30,000 a year. Additionally, the proposal would allow these schools to offer unlimited educational benefits and to enter into NIL deals with student athletes directly. The letter noted that 91 division one schools had a budget of over $50M while another 259 schools spent less than $50M on their athletic programs. The schools that spend the most would then have their own league and change the way college athletics now does business.

Heard by John Kurtz, the bare minimum amount a program would need to spend (in addition to current costs) to be in the "Tier 1" would be around $6 million. Don't know how he arrived to that number, but I don't think that would be insurmountable for UCF.

if we can't afford tier 1 then we aren't really serious and don't belong in the big 12. 6 million is about the cost of a head coach these days.

When do they implement salary caps for NIL?

Bianci steps into it:

Mike Bianchi: Transfer portal allows Dillon Gabriel, Trevor Etienne to cash in — and good for them​

Story by Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel • 13h

I don't remember a Florida lawsuit when UCF was undefeated for two years in a row...

Florida AG Ashley Moody launches antitrust investigation after FSU playoff snub​

The demand, known as an antitrust civil investigative demand, is a way to gather information ahead of a possible lawsuit​

i just need all of them to take credit for the playoffs expanding to 12 next season so that no more teams have to suffer like FSU did this season.

I don't remember a Florida lawsuit when UCF was undefeated for two years in a row...

Florida AG Ashley Moody launches antitrust investigation after FSU playoff snub​

The demand, known as an antitrust civil investigative demand, is a way to gather information ahead of a possible lawsuit​

Why are we wasting tax payer dollars for this lost cause. Please write your local senators and congressman and stop this garbage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT