ADVERTISEMENT

The Hoops Report - Hartford

Hoops McKnight*

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2001
1. Perhaps one of the ugliest 19-point wins I’ve ever witnessed. Except for a 5-minute 1st-half 21-0 explosion, we never matched their intensity. If we expected the 345th rated RPI team in the nation to roll over, they sure didn’t. Note - our next opponent BCC is 342nd. Just sayin…

2. The one bright spot of the night was Isaiah. He never quit tonight, and was high scorer for the game at 20. What a player!

3. One of the downsides of a too-close too-late game like this is that young guys like Kasey and Rod don't get the game experience they need.

4. Went to dinner at The Moat after the game with friends. We lingered while watching the end of the SECC, toasted Mike’s birthday, and chatted with MOD as he took a break from game film breakdown duties. The benefits of a 5:00 tip-off. Good times…

5. Some say I have a creepy focus on Knight Moves, a charge that I categorically deny! As evidence I submit that in addition to the new curvy blond Knight Move tonight, I noticed the new raven-haired Marketing Intern Wench, and the new tall blond SID Intern Wench. See??!!

6. This was a late arriving crowd (even the students), but one that was just aching for a reason to let loose. Isaiah gave us 3 of those moments with 2 blocks and a dunk. Otherwise, it was unusually quiet…

7. Hartford was a (shall we say) scrappy team. Torres (#11 - a Steve Nash wannabe) was mouthy, and the crowd let him have it. #4 was a thug - he threw one of our players down in the paint, and elbowed Kasey in the face, taking him out of the game.

8. His Airness was in attendance.

9. Torchy once said that he never yelled at a team after a loss, but he let them have it after an ugly loss. Donnie has a lot of coaching opportunities this coming week.

10. Boy, did we miss a TON of inside layups and tip-ins! Could’ve been a blowout. FT shooting wasn’t bad tonight (faint praise).

11. In that 5-minute, 21-zip run our press was dominant. That’s the kind of effort Donnie wants the entire game.

12. Keith keeps getting double & triple-teamed whenever he touches the ball. Some nights (CoC) he overcomes them. Tonight he didn’t. Marcus was just off tonight, couldn’t hit anything. Tristan continues to show moments of the potential he can become.

13. I’ve said it before - this team is the kind of team that can get better game by game. It takes focus, effort, and guys becoming available on the floor, rather than being cheerleaders at the end of the bench. 27 days. Get ready.
This post was edited on 12/3 10:49 PM by Hoops McKnight*

Nice report!!

What do you compare Issiah's game to? What's his model?

I was thinking during the game that Torres is a lot A J Rompza for UCF. Not a dirty player, but an agitator that thrives on crowd hostility.
glasses.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT