ADVERTISEMENT

The Idiots of the Reopen: Florida MAGA Trash Government Welcomes 10k New Covid Cases in 1 Day.

It just takes one very virulent virus. This wasn’t it

It would have to be something far more deadly than smallpox, cholera, or bubonic plague. Its possible, but highly unlikely. If that virus exists, it doesn't matter what we do anyway because we're talking about a Captain Tripps type of event and there's no point in fighting it.

It would have to be something far more deadly than smallpox, cholera, or bubonic plague. Its possible, but highly unlikely. If that virus exists, it doesn't matter what we do anyway because we're talking about a Captain Tripps type of event and there's no point in fighting it.
Problem is, animals are involved or a country can develop it in a lab

Florida death rates for last few days of May, all of June and early July are still running lower than they were in April and May in spite of the jump in the # of positives. Some of that is most of new cases are younger people, and More new test are being done which means we will get more positives. Bottom line in Fla, Hospitals are not overwhelmed, and deaths have gone down, in spite of the beach crowding, protests, launch, and reopening of business.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Florida death rates for last few days of May, all of June and early July are still running lower than they were in April and May in spite of the jump in the # of positives. Some of that is most of new cases are younger people, and More new test are being done which means we will get more positives. Bottom line in Fla, Hospitals are not overwhelmed, and deaths have gone down, in spite of the beach crowding, protests, launch, and reopening of business.
I have no idea why you think hospitals are fine. Many are maxed out and your cases arent going to stop growing without major changes.

Hospitals are not overwhelmed. Frankly not many are needing hospitalization at all.
But, but, but.......Texas has 97% of their ICU beds full.

Sorry, but that's how the business model works. You don't have more ICU beds than necessary because its a waste of money just like a grocery store doesn't buy 100 times the amount of milk than it expects to sell.

It just takes one very virulent virus. This wasn’t it
Agree, If you get a virus that kills 10 to 20% of those infected, and they are out there. Is easily transmitted, It would be a nightmare. Medicine would not be able to keep up with it. Imagine Covid with 3x the death and hospitalization rates. The system would have collapsed under the weight.

Agree, If you get a virus that kills 10 to 20% of those infected, and they are out there. Is easily transmitted, It would be a nightmare. Medicine would not be able to keep up with it. Imagine Covid with 3x the death and hospitalization rates. The system would have collapsed under the weight.
The super deadly viruses like Ebola are also very contagious. The reason these don’t become pandemics is because there is no presymptomatic spread. People go from fine to deathly ill in a short period of time. For a pandemic to wipe out a large percentage of the world it would need to be easily spread, have a high fatality rate and also be difficult to detect while contagious.

What ever happened to FCs daily death toll posts? As soon as the numbers started going down he lost his zeal for bragging about them. Why?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
What ever happened to FCs daily death toll posts? As soon as the numbers started going down he lost his zeal for bragging about them. Why?
We have discussed this in great detail. Rhetorical question :)

We get that you don’t like black people protesting, but we were talking about how businesses would enforce masks. Try to stay on topic.

Why is it always straight to “RACIST!!!!” There are only 2 issues anyone has with the protests. 1 - the same people freaking out about COVID are saying protesting with no mask/no distancing is perfectly fine and 2 - the VIOLENT protesters. No one has an issue with someone of any color protesting if they’re not causing problems. Too many of these “protesters” are blocking traffic, starting fights, starting fires, attacking police, and shooting people.

Why is it always straight to “RACIST!!!!” There are only 2 issues anyone has with the protests. 1 - the same people freaking out about COVID are saying protesting with no mask/no distancing is perfectly fine and 2 - the VIOLENT protesters. No one has an issue with someone of any color protesting if they’re not causing problems. Too many of these “protesters” are blocking traffic, starting fights, starting fires, attacking police, and shooting people.
I have no problem with peaceful protests by people of any race or color and I have a problem with violent protests from people of any color.

However, ANY protests during a pandemic is not wise

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
I have no problem with peaceful protests by people of any race or color and I have a problem with violent protests from people of any color.

However, ANY protests during a pandemic is not wise

As evident by the Covid Positive Atlanta Mayor

The only gatherings he has had a problem with are black people protesting. You made the leap to racist not me.

Excess deaths in Florida are still at lower levels than in 2018 from the bad flu season.

you literally wrote: We get that you don’t like black people protesting,
Sorry should have put BLM protests. In that he had no problems with reopening protests, but once everything reopened he has problems with BLM protests. I’ll be more clear next time to avoid hurting anyone’s feelings.

Sorry should have put BLM protests. In that he had no problems with reopening protests, but once everything reopened he has problems with BLM protests. I’ll be more clear next time to avoid hurting anyone’s feelings.
What are you talking about? Are you calling me prejudice or racist? Both would be absolutely absurd and out of line

What are you talking about? Are you calling me prejudice or racist? Both would be absolutely absurd and out of line
I have no way of knowing that. Just pointing out that these are the protests that you decided to come out against after being on team “no big deal everything should open” for months. Could be you just got a better understanding of the virus and now realize that all public gatherings should be avoided where months ago during the lockdown protests you were not as informed.

I have no way of knowing that. Just pointing out that these are the protests that you decided to come out against after being on team “no big deal everything should open” for months. Could be you just got a better understanding of the virus and now realize that all public gatherings should be avoided where months ago during the lockdown protests you were not as informed.
I basically think that businesses should have opened with people being allowed to go to work, restaurants with social distancing, etc.

Bars and crowded reckless protests without social distancing or masks has added to this recent spike

As far a protests, many were violent, so I’m even less of a fan of looting, violence, death, destruction, etc. I’m not the protesting type at all, so obviously if it added to the spread I’m even more against them. Peaceful protests are OK, just not at THIS time

The guy who loves to call "whataboutism!" is engaged in some epic whataboutism.

Ecl3JccXYAIWdD3

Guy is exact same age as me. Sad. People think they are invincible. If you aren’t an athlete or have underlying conditions, this thing is still kicking asses.

Flu sucks too. A lot of things can suck. Fact is you're typically fine under 60. The two people I know only lost the sense of smell and taste. No fever. Cough too
Sure. But I mean if you are going to die of Covid 19 after bitching about the hype and masks, better to fade away silently rather than posting the play by play.

Ecl3JccXYAIWdD3

Guy is exact same age as me. Sad. People think they are invincible. If you aren’t an athlete or have underlying conditions, this thing is still kicking asses.

So basically you are insinuating this guy died and deserved it over his mask stance when you have no idea how he contracted COVID or....pretty much anything else.

So basically you are insinuating this guy died and deserved it over his mask stance when you have no idea how he contracted COVID
I find the arguments against wearing masks as stupid as the ones arguing Obama wasn't really a US citizen.

Seriously, how can so many people be SO INCREDIBLY STUPID??!?!

I'd like one of our resident "we don't need no stinkin' masks" proponents to take their home grown theories directly to their local hospitals. If masks are as unnecessary as they claim, why the hell should doctors and nurses wear them during operations? What a silly waste, right guys? :rolleyes:

So basically you are insinuating this guy died and deserved it over his mask stance when you have no idea how he contracted COVID or....pretty much anything else.
What struck me was his age which is the same age as me. Mask stance aside it is a tragedy. The point was everyone being cavalier about things here on a relatively anonymous forum would change their tune real quick should they or a loved one happen to contract the virus and have a bad case. The point was the politicizing of wearing a mask and the seriousness of the virus obviously got to this guy. No idea what led to him contracting it, he could have been all talk and he was actually taking proper precautions in his daily life and just got unlucky.

ADVERTISEMENT