ADVERTISEMENT

The Idiots of the Reopen: Florida MAGA Trash Government Welcomes 10k New Covid Cases in 1 Day.

I get that you were confused on the mask guidance. What Fauci said was true. Masks aren’t going to prevent you from getting the virus. Originally guidance was to wear a mask when sick because masks do cut down the spread of the virus from the wearer of the mask if they are sick. It wasn’t until we realized the large percentage of people who were asymptomatic or presymptomatic with the virus that they changed the guidance to recommend for general use. Basically because you cannot count on lack of symptoms as confirmation of not having the virus.

I’m not confused at all, I don’t think It is confusing to even the most simplest of minds. I think the information was presented to the general public in a way that made them first feel like It wasn’t warranted, followed by the fact is was warranted as other errors in counts and theories surface. I feel personally that all of that makes the information presented feel suspect (the validity of the suspect nature TBD). I think everything the WHO and Fauci present should be treated with mild to heavy skepticism given their past shortcomings. Anyone who blindly gets a vaccine (When available) for this would be naive as well.

So you have no skepticism on all of the errors. Why? Explain your stance genius
I think you are suffering from a logical fallacy here. The fact that guidance is subject to update as more information is learned doesn’t invalidate everything we now know about the virus. You don’t just dismiss information offhand because early information was inadequate or in your mind incorrect (arguably).

These shortcomings with Fauci and the WHO are not little minor issues. They are literally controlling the entire US population and economy with their recommendations. If they are guessing they need to say that.
Guidance changed based on information of asymptomatic spread. Nothing about the original guidance that masks don’t protect you from the virus was wrong. Even given what we know today.

The_BFD_SheepMasks.jpg

Shooks family
Not at all. They aren’t on lockdown indoors and social distancing

Reactions: KNIGHTTIME^
I think you are suffering from a logical fallacy here. The fact that guidance is subject to update as more information is learned doesn’t invalidate everything we now know about the virus. You don’t just dismiss information offhand because early information was inadequate or in your mind incorrect (arguably).

I don’t dismiss It entirely, I think you are mistaken in my stance. I don’t dismiss the new information nor consider It invalid. However, I meet every bit of new information with heavier criticism and scrutiny until proven factual given their last shortcomings.

I still don't know why any of this is an issue. Every single one of us has the ability to not catch covid regardless of what anybody else does. If you do, its your own fault for miscalculating your risks. Outside of someone in a rest home, every single person alive has the ability to 100% protect themselves from this virus.

I don’t dismiss It entirely, I think you are mistaken in my stance. I don’t dismiss the new information nor consider It invalid. However, I meet every bit of new information with heavier criticism and scrutiny until proven factual given their last shortcomings.
Oh. Well I guess as long as you wear a mask in public, doesn’t really matter.

Yeah, DAiello18 knows who to believe and who is full of shit.
Fauci has been a devoted civil servant for 40+ years. He has now been thrown to the scrap heap by the administration and after Faux News turned on him the 35% or whatever that take that as gospel now have a problem with him. The administration is now asking hospitals to bypass the CDC when reporting data.

You know the mechanism of travel through a mask for both is the same right? A droplet. Which is significantly larger than a single bacteria or virus.
Yeah, and all masks are pretty effective for stopping coughs. Regular breathing vapor not nearly as much. I'm not saying that masks are ineffective, just that they aren't nearly as effective on viruses.

Yeah, and all masks are pretty effective for stopping coughs. Regular breathing vapor not nearly as much. I'm not saying that masks are ineffective, just that they aren't nearly as effective on viruses.
So what are you arguing? It’s clear that masks are very effective against coronavirus transmission. Influenza and Rhinovirus not as much. There was a study done on it actually.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2/figures/1

masked vs unmasked for coronavirus transmission was night and day. Influenza there was some benefit but not as pronounced. This is part of the reason mask guidance has changed in the US. It is also the reason why countries that wear masks as a matter of habit handled the spread of the virus much better.

In the first weeks of the virus everyone was worried about spread from contact with an infected surface. So everybody paid a lot of attention to keeping hands clean. Meanwhile a good chunk of the population goes without a mask and we see the infection numbers grow.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
So what are you arguing? It’s clear that masks are very effective against coronavirus transmission. Influenza and Rhinovirus not as much. There was a study done on it actually.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2/figures/1

masked vs unmasked for coronavirus transmission was night and day. Influenza there was some benefit but not as pronounced. This is part of the reason mask guidance has changed in the US. It is also the reason why countries that wear masks as a matter of habit handled the spread of the virus much better.

In the first weeks of the virus everyone was worried about spread from contact with an infected surface. So everybody paid a lot of attention to keeping hands clean. Meanwhile a good chunk of the population goes without a mask and we see the infection numbers grow.
I'm not arguing anything, just pointing out the fact that masks aren't as effective against viruses as they are with bacteria so that study isn't an accurate representation

The initial study you linked to showed 100% effectiveness with bacteria. The 2nd one shows less than 100% effectiveness with viruses. That was my point.

Last edited:
I say again for emphasis, these idiots arguing against masks and science are dogshit stupid.

You can't change the mind of these morons, they are too stupid to understand why they are wrong. Let them die off from their own Idiocracy.

I'm not arguing anything, just pointing out the fact that masks aren't as effective against viruses as they are with bacteria so that study isn't an accurate representation

The initial study you linked to showed 100% effectiveness with bacteria. The 2nd one shows less than 100% effectiveness with viruses. That was my point.

Those 2 hairdressers in Missouri who cut the hair of 167 people while infected with COVID passed it to 0 customers. Of the 167 customers, 88 just participated in an antibody test and they found COVID antibodies in 0 of the customers. Despite the fact that someone next to them cutting their hair was actively infected with COVID.

The salon had a 100% mask policy and the hairdressers/customers all had masks on.

Those 2 hairdressers in Missouri who cut the hair of 167 people while infected with COVID passed it to 0 customers. Of the 167 customers, 88 just participated in an antibody test and they found COVID antibodies in 0 of the customers. Despite the fact that someone next to them cutting their hair was actively infected with COVID.

The salon had a 100% mask policy and the hairdressers/customers all had masks on.

There's no doubt that both masks and social distancing helps.

This also lends credence to the theory that asymptomatic people don't spread the virus nearly as much. Just another variable that could be a part of the equation.

I say again for emphasis, these idiots arguing against masks and science are dogshit stupid.

You can't change the mind of these morons, they are too stupid to understand why they are wrong. Let them die off from their own Idiocracy.
Seriously, debating our board's Trumpsters and...
188r4i.jpg

Reactions: NinjaKnight
There's no doubt that both masks and social distancing helps.

This also lends credence to the theory that asymptomatic people don't spread the virus nearly as much. Just another variable that could be a part of the equation.
Masks seem to be very effective against Coronavirus. Against other viruses they are marginally effective. That was part of the confusion and seemingly contradictory guidance early on mask usage. Here’s one study result comparing 3 different viruses.

41591_2020_843_Fig1_HTML.png

images

ADVERTISEMENT