ADVERTISEMENT

The Idiots of the Reopen: Florida MAGA Trash Government Welcomes 10k New Covid Cases in 1 Day.

Florida didn’t have a great day today with 1,270 new cases and 31 deaths. Weekend
Numbers are usually low

I believe they are at 35% capacity so somewhere north of 10k is the capacity. I can’t tell you how many are actually attending, just what they are allowing as a max capacity.

That's alot of people, but, I know Universal is also mandating social distancing. Which is a pretty distinct difference from the protestors, many of whom are touching total strangers.

Reactions: UCFWayne
That's alot of people, but, I know Universal is also mandating social distancing. Which is a pretty distinct difference from the protestors, many of whom are touching total strangers.
Yeah they are “mandating” distancing and masks. I wonder how the enforcement with low wage cast members is going.

Not too well.
AA543-D70-E6-C8-4731-B9-F9-4376-C898-B76-C.jpg

Yeah they are “mandating” distancing and masks. I wonder how the enforcement with low wage cast members is going.

Not too well.
AA543-D70-E6-C8-4731-B9-F9-4376-C898-B76-C.jpg

Wha am I supposed to be seeing here? I see the woman without a mask but otherwise everyone has one and they’re all totally spaced out.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Wha am I supposed to be seeing here? I see the woman without a mask but otherwise everyone has one and they’re all totally spaced out.
I imagine the enforcement of any distancing mask requirements will fall on low paid cast members and not be enforced. I guess we will see.

I imagine the enforcement of any distancing mask requirements will fall on low paid cast members and not be enforced. I guess we will see.

TBH I worry about people that size in this heat for hours with a mask on. It traps a ton of heat and I’m guessing they have issues breathing to begin with.

So now people care about COVID and think its serious? Isn't Florida in stage 2 of reopening? I don't understand, I thought stay at home orders have been lifted? Wouldn't the pro reopen crowd be elated that people are confident enough to be coming out of their homes? Is it now more convenient for everyone to point to finger the other way because they don't relate with the current protests against police brutality and equality whereas they preferred the astroturfed reopen the economy protests?

Lets have a look at these protests and their participants...
images
images
images

Reopen Economy Protests

images
images
images

BLM protests

Be consistent and draw a distinction here, the BLM protesters are aware and recognize the threat of COVID, you can see most participants are wearing masks, despite social distancing not happening here, these people are aware and recognize that COVID is real. The contrary can be said for the reopen protests, see for yourself, many of the participants of the reopen the economy protests continued to believe COVID is a hoax and didn't wear any kind of face covering save for a few.

Lets keep in mind the BLM protests are happening when our dear leader is telling us that the threat of COVID is gone and urging states to reopen because everything is under control and the threat is overblown, a shared belief of some on this board. So what is it then, is the threat of COVID done now or isn't it? Judging from what some of you are saying here now the threat is very much still alive and we shouldn't be reopening the economy just yet...

Point is you would be arrested just before for gathering in crowds or opening a business. All out the window that the narrative changed. Personal responsibility so I don't mind the gatherings.
The point is you are making that up. People weren’t arrested for gathering during the reopen protests. Those occurred at a time when cases and deaths were rising and states were most restrictive with their measures. Now some people want to “turn the table” with these protests which are occurring while basically everything is open including Universal Studios.

honestly if you can’t see the difference between now and the way we were handling Covid19 in the midst of rising deaths at the end of April when reopen protests were occurring then I don’t know what to tell you.

The point is you are making that up. People weren’t arrested for gathering during the reopen protests. Those occurred at a time when cases and deaths were rising and states were most restrictive with their measures. Now some people want to “turn the table” with these protests which are occurring while basically everything is open including Universal Studios.

honestly if you can’t see the difference between now and the way we were handling Covid19 in the midst of rising deaths at the end of April when reopen protests were occurring then I don’t know what to tell you.

What if I told you that I thought Universal reopened too soon and having thousands of people piled on top of each other every day are both a huge problem, at a time when we were possibly about to turn a corner?

Again, I think we’re just pissed off about this insane 180 that our “policy experts” did in the course of 90 days. A month ago our packed beaches were going to kill everyone and we couldn’t leave our home, you couldn’t visit a dying relative, and yet now the same people that made those advisements have said “have at it” for people standing inches from each other. It erodes the ability to have anyone listen to a single thing these people say again, so good luck to us all if there’s a big 2nd wave and these same “experts” are again telling everyone to close businesses and go home. No one will believe them and nor should they.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I don’t think that most people who were against a strict lockdown wanted reckless rioting, a full Universal studios, full restaurants, open movie theaters, packed gyms, etc. so quickly

We went from 0-100 too quickly.

What if I told you that I thought Universal reopened too soon and having thousands of people piled on top of each other every day are both a huge problem, at a time when we were possibly about to turn a corner?

Again, I think we’re just pissed off about this insane 180 that our “policy experts” did in the course of 90 days. A month ago our packed beaches were going to kill everyone and we couldn’t leave our home, you couldn’t visit a dying relative, and yet now the same people that made those advisements have said “have at it” for people standing inches from each other. It erodes the ability to have anyone listen to a single thing these people say again, so good luck to us all if there’s a big 2nd wave and these same “experts” are again telling everyone to close businesses and go home. No one will believe them and nor should they.
I would agree with that. I think some things are getting reopened too soon. That doesn’t change the fact that by reopening things we are implicitly giving the ok for activities like the protests that were frowned upon a month and a half ago.

I do believe the science supports that outdoor transmission of the virus via aerosol is rare. Which is why beaches are open and theme parks are reopening. There wasn’t a corresponding jump in cases during the reopening protests either. I’d think the spike in cases is more to a reversion to old habits with things like eating out in restaurants where people are indoors in close proximity to others without a mask for a long duration. You could be right that outdoor protests increase the transmission, but I believe that is a small risk comparatively to other indoor activities.

Thoughts on Gottleib? He’s convinced these protests will increase spread and referenced a recent study in Germany that showed an entirely outdoor event increased spread by 2.5 times amongst people there. I think it’s naive to think purely being outdoors will mitigate the fact that these people are piled on top of each other.

Thoughts on Gottleib? He’s convinced these protests will increase spread and referenced a recent study in Germany that showed an entirely outdoor event increased spread by 2.5 times amongst people there. I think it’s naive to think purely being outdoors will mitigate the fact that these people are piled on top of each other.

But we have reopened now so it’s a moot point to be bitching about gatherings while theme parks are open. I wouldn’t be surprised if cases rise in the coming weeks. I do think outdoor transmission is lower risk than indoor. That’s not to say it’s zero risk.

But we have reopened now so it’s a moot point to be bitching about gatherings while theme parks are open. I wouldn’t be surprised if cases rise in the coming weeks. I do think outdoor transmission is lower risk than indoor. That’s not to say it’s zero risk.

Again, the real issue is not necessarily what people are doing, it's what the "policy experts" are doing. Or saying. Or not saying.

They have overnight destroyed any future credibility they may have if/when we need people to stay home again. It will not happen when the people demanding it have already proven that they reserve the right to do a 180 on policy directives if the cause for gathering is deemed acceptable.

Again, the real issue is not necessarily what people are doing, it's what the "policy experts" are doing. Or saying. Or not saying.

They have overnight destroyed any future credibility they may have if/when we need people to stay home again. It will not happen when the people demanding it have already proven that they reserve the right to do a 180 on policy directives if the cause for gathering is deemed acceptable.
The FL governor has said we are open for business. Phase 2. That’s what the “policy experts” said here. Trump has already said there will be no more shutdowns even if there is a second wave and the country is open. Obviously this will have an impact on the spread of the virus. But right now we are in a time that is much different than a month and a half ago with regard to the stay at home directives. It is much different in terms of the trajectory of the spread of the virus. You have to acknowledge that and be honest. One group was protesting the actual measures implemented to prevent Covid spread while those measures were in place. The other group is protesting an entirely different issue...while measures have been relaxed. It’s apples and oranges.

Take the average here and that’s 650 new daily deaths on top of the existing numbers. Purely from these protests.

It took a national BLM protest for 85 to give a shit about the pandemic.

I left my neighborhood a total of 4 times from March until last week and that was to get groceries, bitch boy. I listened to the "experts" and did my part. #StayHomeSaveLives remember?

It seems your supposed concern for people dying magically evaporated the protests started. Just like our esteemed "experts".

How many black people will be killed by police in the next 10 years if they don't protest?

20 people are executed for their crimes each year after they are found guilty.

1000 people are killed by police each year before they are even arrested.

Protesting because you want a barber shop to make money?

Hell yeah, we must sacrifice old people for the economy.

Protesting for generational change for equal treatment of minorities and putting an end to racism in America?

HAVENT YOU HEARD THERE IS A VIRUS OUT THERE?!?!?!?!?!

ITT: @fried-chicken loses his shit over dozens of reopen protestors and goes to insane straw men arguments to excuse the throngs of thousands that experts have estimated will kill an extra 650 people per day

ITT: @fried-chicken loses his shit over dozens of reopen protestors and goes to insane straw men arguments to excuse the throngs of thousands that experts have estimated will kill an extra 650 people per day
650? Thats what we gave up so @KNIGHTTIME^ could buy a couch from Rooms 2 Go. Surely ending racism in America is worth at least as much as his couch, even if he got the stain guard.

fc is losing his shit once again because for several months hes demanded people take this virus seriously now he doesnt want them to take it seriously. lol

if it werent for double standards the left would have none.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
fc is losing his shit once again because for several months hes demanded people take this virus seriously now he doesnt want them to take it seriously. lol

He's done this in every single thread he has created that utterly blew up in his face. Get super defensive and butthurt and create a bunch of strawmen to go beat down in successive posts, typically talking to himself as we all watch in amazement.

Im not losing anything. Im happy they're protesting. Covid is no big deal enough to open up theme parks but its too serious to promote a national awakening on racial issues in the United States?

People who supported protesting for haircuts are against protesting racism. Why am i not surprised that chuds value the right to fish over black peoples right to live.

Im not losing anything. Im happy they're protesting. Covid is no big deal enough to open up theme parks but its too serious to promote a national awakening on racial issues in the United States?

People who supported protesting for haircuts are against protesting racism. Why am i not surprised that chuds value the right to fish over black peoples right to live.

Protesting over haircuts and fishing: peaceful.

Protesting over the death of a criminal:
Riots, arson, murder, looting, assault.

Covid-19 isn't that big of a deal anyway, so its a non-factor.

By the way @UCFKnight85 said 600 people will die each day they have a 600,000 person protest.

His number sounds wrong but lets assume it's right. Disney theme parks welcome 300,000 guests per day across all properties in America. Does that mean them being open is costing 300 lives per day?

Do you mouth breathing hillbillies not see the issue that you cant support opening the economy for a ride on Dumbo that costs 300 lives a day and at the same time be against a protest for ending litteral state sponsored murder of minorities at the same rate of death.

To me all activities will cost lives but some activities are more justified than others.

you are delusional. its either a big deal or its not. the protests have shown its not. propaganda is effective on chuds like you.

you are delusional. its either a big deal or its not. the protests have shown its not. propaganda is effective on chuds like you.
The protests have shown that there are somethings worse than Covid. Racial inequality in America is one of them. Haircuts are not.

Except for yours which is probably awful.

The protests have shown that there are somethings worse than Covid. Racial inequality in America is one of them. Haircuts are not.

Except for yours which is probably awful.

Haircuts > career criminal having a heart attack during the commission of a crime

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT