ADVERTISEMENT

The Last of Us

Are the subsequent games a continuation of the story between Joel and Ellie or a different narrative in this apocalyptic world?
It's a continuation -- although my understanding is that next Sunday's episode wraps up the Game 1 storyline.

Are the subsequent games a continuation of the story between Joel and Ellie or a different narrative in this apocalyptic world?
It’s a continuation of the story. When the game was released it was stressed that it was The Last of Us Part 2 and not The Last of Us 2. The original game is now referred to as The Last of Us Part 1.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Fq0-hiuXsAIVIDO

Posts a meme.

Then shows that he posted the same meme on his Twitter page.

How about I come over and blow your ****ing brains out mother****er?!

I won't. I'm not that type of person. But damn ... I really do have to deal with this shit at my house now!

Reactions: Ucfmikes
It finished strong. Got a little lumpy in some of the middle episodes but overall a very, very good new series.

I wouldn't consider it anywhere near "top tier" of TV content out there but it's definitely well done.

Reactions: UCFBS
It finished strong. Got a little lumpy in some of the middle episodes but overall a very, very good new series.

I wouldn't consider it anywhere near "top tier" of TV content out there but it's definitely well done.
I haven't popped for the channel, but might do 2-3 months just to binge with the wife.

Thanks for the key on how the first season went.

Last edited:

There’s still 1 more episode this season that airs Sunday night.

There’s still 1 more episode this season that airs Sunday night.

Crap you’re right. I had missed like 3 weeks of watching anything and was just playing catch-up on Max. Glad I can look forward to that now.

I think Succession is back right after TLOU ends 👍

Whew! You made it damn clear you weren't going to listen to anything positive I had to say. But thankfully -- for your sake -- you decided to stay the course. ;)

FWIW, this Sunday's final episode is likely be the season's strongest.

I didn’t listen to anything you said, I watched the rest of the season.

I didn’t listen to anything you said.
Of course not. Everybody here knows you left this forum except for the occasional drive-by post because I kept showing you up.

Remember this gem of yours posted just months before the 2020 election?
He will be a shoe in. The Democrats are going to put forth insane lunatic Bernie Sanders and Trump will cruise to re-election. Being abrasive and less "normal politician" is exactly why he won and why people still massively support him.
Let me guess: The election was stolen from him, right? :)

Crawl back into your Dungeon hole and leave the rest of us alone.

I'm glad the board's software upgrade is hiding all posts again.

And it seems some people obsessed with my wife aren't actually filtering me, unlike what they said.

I'm glad the board's software upgrade is hiding all posts again.

And it seems some people obsessed with my wife aren't actually filtering me, unlike what they said.
I hope you're now happy. 'Mission accomplished.' This board ... it's just not worth it. So go ahead and tag me all over. I'm done. I'm really done.
Seems like some people aren't actually done, unlike what they said.

How about I come over and blow your ****ing brains out mother****er?!

I won't. I'm not that type of person. But damn ... I really do have to deal with this shit at my house now! AMIRITE @Ucfmikes ????

Of course not. Everybody here knows you left this forum except for the occasional drive-by post because I kept showing you up.

Remember this gem of yours posted just months before the 2020 election?

Let me guess: The election was stolen from him, right? :)

Crawl back into your Dungeon hole and leave the rest of us alone.

lmao you're butthurt that I didn't attribute changing an opinion on a show entirely due to your commentary. Incredible. I see you're still the frivolous, petty nutjob that you were before. Never change, homie.

lmao you're butthurt that I didn't attribute changing an opinion on a show entirely due to your commentary. Incredible. I see you're still the frivolous, petty nutjob that you were before. Never change, homie.
THAT'S the best you've got? Really? :)

Hmmm...who's the one butthurt here? Me for not being credited with your change of heart? (LOL) Or you for being shown up (yet again) for your silly takes? (MAGA and otherwise)

Now that you've gotten that out of your system, crawl back to your Dungeon hole.

Last edited:
Back OT, the finale capped off a pretty damn impressive first season. The show is going to clean up at this year's Emmys.

The ending brought to light the ages-old, moral dilemma of who's rights are more important? Is it the rights of society versus the rights of the individual?

Joel's actions were wrong -- but it's impossible not to empathize with him.

THAT'S the best you've got? Really? :)

Hmmm...who's the one butthurt here? Me for not being credited with your change of heart? (LOL) Or you for being shown up (yet again) for your silly takes? (MAGA and otherwise)

Now that you've gotten that out of your system, crawl back to your Dungeon hole.

Yes, that would be you. I said that I watched the show and had an opinion change on the show that we were discussing, you wanted credit for that, and flew off the handle in a whiny bitchy rage when I said that wasn't the case. Hilarious. This entire thread was normal discussion about a TV show until your threw your temper tantrum and started crying.

Meanwhile, the Nebraska fan who trolls around a UCF board is telling UCF fans to get off their own boards. lulzzzzz

• Love
Reactions: UCFBS
Yes, that would be you. I said that I watched the show and had an opinion change on the show that we were discussing, you wanted credit for that, and flew off the handle in a whiny bitchy rage when I said that wasn't the case.
THIS is 'flying off the handle' in a 'whiny bitchy rage'???!?---->But thankfully -- for your sake -- you decided to stay the course. ;) <---Note my winky-winky

But your silly comeback was well-worth it: UCFBS LOVED it!!!
:) :) :)

Last edited:
So, the ending…

Not bad. Not great. Short and to the point and kind of an abrupt finale that sets up the next season.

One thing I guess that bugged me a little bit about the show is I really don’t get the different groups and their origins or what their individual gripes were. While the relationship with Joel and Ellie was well done, I don’t really know wtf a firefly is. Or the collaborators.

Still a decent watch…

So, the ending…

Not bad. Not great. Short and to the point and kind of an abrupt finale that sets up the next season.

One thing I guess that bugged me a little bit about the show is I really don’t get the different groups and their origins or what their individual gripes were. While the relationship with Joel and Ellie was well done, I don’t really know wtf a firefly is. Or the collaborators.

Still a decent watch…
I liked the season, but kind of feel the same way. Seems like they could have developed some characters and story lines a bit more, beyond Joel and Ellie. Melanie Lynsky's character seems like it could have been a 2 or 3 episode arc, the cult group seems like it could have been a 2 or 3 episode arc, etc. I am sure they are trying to stay close to the game, but seems like they could get a lot more out of it by developing some storylines a little deeper

I liked the season, but kind of feel the same way. Seems like they could have developed some characters and story lines a bit more, beyond Joel and Ellie. Melanie Lynsky's character seems like it could have been a 2 or 3 episode arc, the cult group seems like it could have been a 2 or 3 episode arc, etc. I am sure they are trying to stay close to the game, but seems like they could get a lot more out of it by developing some storylines a little deeper
Exactly. They went wayyyyyy beyond (from what I have heard—I didn’t play the game) of the gay relationship in episode three. That was a great opus that the writers furthered past what the game presented. I wish they could have done the same for all the different groups involved.

Exactly. They went wayyyyyy beyond (from what I have heard—I didn’t play the game) of the gay relationship in episode three. That was a great opus that the writers furthered past what the game presented. I wish they could have done the same for all the different groups involved.
There are only 2 parts to the game right? So is the show only going to be 2 seasons? Seems like they could easily get least 4 or 5 seasons out of this if they didn't speed through it. I still liked it, but I do wish it didn't feel so rushed at times.

There are only 2 parts to the game right? So is the show only going to be 2 seasons? Seems like they could easily get least 4 or 5 seasons out of this if they didn't speed through it. I still liked it, but I do wish it didn't feel so rushed at times.
It’s a continuation of the story. When the game was released it was stressed that it was The Last of Us Part 2 and not The Last of Us 2. The original game is now referred to as The Last of Us Part 1.
I don't know how many seasons. I imagine if it's drawing well that they could squeeze out further season, but who knows.

Druckman and Maizen have both said that Part 2 will be multiple seasons worth of tv but only season two is currently confirmed. They also said they don’t want to go the Game of Thrones route and aren’t committed to anything beyond the games.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
THIS is 'flying off the handle' in a 'whiny bitchy rage'???!?---->But thankfully -- for your sake -- you decided to stay the course. ;) <---Note my winky-winky

But your silly comeback was well-worth it: UCFBS LOVED it!!!
:) :) :)
Because you want to 'argue' with everyone, and put them in some 'box' that you can hate. Most of the time, you're just exposing your own lack of 'objectivity,' and on 'history' ... you're a total dud that cannot follow anything.

I disagree with 85, a lot! But damn he actually knows some history and definitely geo-politics.

Because you want to 'argue' with everyone, and put them in some 'box' that you can hate. Most of the time, you're just exposing your own lack of 'objectivity,' and on 'history' ... you're a total dud that cannot follow anything.

I disagree with 85, a lot! But damn he actually knows some history and definitely geo-politics.
I guess rivals’ ignore software isn’t working again since I started this thread. Amirite @Ucfmikes ???

Which I really don’t care. Feel free to respond to the thread since it’s something as innocuous as a tv show and everyone is just sharing thoughts on it….

I guess rivals’ ignore software isn’t working again since I started this thread. Amirite @Ucfmikes ???

Which I really don’t care. Feel free to respond to the thread since it’s something as innocuous as a tv show and everyone is just sharing thoughts on it….
The guy is a liar. He doesn’t have the mental discipline to ignore anyone consistently and he’s proved it time and time again. I’m sure he’ll find a way to destroy this thread too by making it about himself

So, the ending…Not bad. Not great. Short and to the point and kind of an abrupt finale that sets up the next season.
I liked the season, but kind of feel the same way.
The show followed the game's ending and was intentionally designed to leave viewers feeling ambiguous. Like Ellie, viewers wanted a triumphant conclusion to her quest. Instead they watched Joel become 'John Wick' and kill everybody in sight. Then, after watching Ellie and Joel's emotional bond develop over the course of the nine episodes, Joel sticks a monkey wrench in it at the end by blatantly lying to her about why they left the hospital.

While viewers can always play the 'they could've expanded on this' or 'they could've did more with that,' the fact remains this was The Most Dramatic and Realistic telling of your basic, 'zombie' story that I've ever seen.

One more thing about Season 1's finale:

The first half was incredibly emotional from Ellie's birth scene (incredible acting perforance by Ashley Johnson--FYI, Ellie's voice actress from the game), to the giraffe scene on to its emotional climax when Ellie said to Joel, "I guess time heals all wounds" and he looks at her and replies, "it wasn't time that did it..." If the show had stopped there, everybody would be gushing about it.

But the second half, like the game, was a downer. As we learned throughout the show, it's not a "And they lived happily-ever-after" type show. It was intended to highlight the dilemma of "what would YOU do?" Watch as someone you love is killed on an operating table in an effort to save mankind? Or say 'screw everybody' and save her?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT