ADVERTISEMENT

The main reason to impeach Trump

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
Removal from office is pointless but the fact that it would prevent him from running again is the real value. America needs to move on from Donald Trump. His dumb ideas will live on but his ideas themself aren't as dangerous in the hands of responsible politicians who wouldn't invite violence on our elected officials. No other republican is likely to be willing to subvert american norms and try to overthrow the results of a democratic election.

Trump cannot be allowed to run in 2024. It's time to move on from the darkest political chapter in the last 100 years

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I know your memory is short due to limited brain mass but they tried to stop him last time.
If you think that the republican party would even allow him on the ballot in dozens of states, you're off your rocker. Its a private organization and they can do what they want with rule changes or outright banning him from the party.

If you think that the republican party would even allow him on the ballot in dozens of states, you're off your rocker. Its a private organization and they can do what they want with rule changes or outright banning him from the party.
Bro, the majority of house republicans stood with him trying to invalidate the election. He needs to be legally prevented from holding office.

I am trying HARD to imagine the same Republican Party that has stomached Donald Trump's bullsh*t during the 2016 primaries and for the last four years doing anything to stop him from running again.

Christ, it took a siege of the Capitol and five dead people to finally get a small bump of collective courage Tuesday night from this group.

Doesn't have to run as a Republican. He can form his own party.

Bro, the majority of house republicans stood with him trying to invalidate the election. He needs to be legally prevented from holding office.
Hey, if they can get it done in 12 days, go for it. I'm just saying that it isn't really necessary. He'll never win another election, period.

I know impeachment is divisive and won't lead to his removal but the guy who isn't mature enough for social media has the nuclear codes and that should alarm everyone.
He can't unilaterally launch nukes. Even if he authorized it, the military wouldn't do it.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Hey, if they can get it done in 12 days, go for it. I'm just saying that it isn't really necessary. He'll never win another election, period.
Frankly, I think this action on the part of the Democrats in Congress to impeach Trump this term and then convict him in the Senate next term -- would be an absolute Godsend to the National Republican Party!

If Trump is allowed to run again, do you really believe he would be 'crushed' in the primaries? Hell, he was the laughing stock of the party early on in 2015 -- until he wasn't. Then the party started its silent support of him through every single batsh*t crazy thing he's said and done. Do you really believe that would suddenly change going into 2024?

I pray that is true.
Just think about it. A strike has to be designed by the Pentagon before they can even ask for his authorization to carry it out. Its not like Trump hops on his computer, clicks on Pyongyang, and hits enter.

Frankly, I think this action on the part of the Democrats in Congress to impeach Trump this term and then convict him in the Senate next term -- would be an absolute Godsend to the National Republican Party!

If Trump is allowed to run again, do you really believe he would be 'crushed' in the primaries? Hell, he was the laughing stock of the party early on in 2015 -- until he wasn't. Then the party started its silent support of him through every single batsh*t crazy thing he's said and done. Do you really believe that would suddenly change going into 2024?
He would never be convicted in the Senate.

The only reason he won in 2016 is because it was a large field. He was only getting 20-25% until almost everybody else had dropped out. Regardless, the state parties set their own rules and several states wouldn't even allow him on the ballot.

He would never be convicted in the Senate.
He most certainly would next term - even if every single Republican voted against it. As I understand it, if the House impeaches him again, the timing of it would mean that it be up to the new Senate to hold the trial.

Politically, the thought might be to simply wash their hands of the whole mess once he is out of office. But there certainly could be a move to insure that he can never run again.

He most certainly would next term - even if every single Republican voted against it. As I understand it, if the House impeaches him again, the timing of it would mean that it be up to the new Senate to hold the trial.

Politically, the thought might be to simply wash their hands of the whole mess once he is out of office. But there certainly could be a move to insure that he can never run again.
If every republican voted against it, they wouldn't have enough votes.

Sooooooo...let's say the GOP powerbrokers in your home State of Nebraska, for the sake of the argument, decided to keep Trump off the primary ballot, what would be their justification? And what about the heat all those people would feel from all those diehard Trumpets in the State?

Remember that even after a f*king siege of the Capitol by Trump insurrectionists where five people died, there were STILL over 100 Republican Congressmen who stood up for the President's bullsh*t when they all knew better.

Sooooooo...let's say the GOP powerbrokers in your home State of Nebraska, for the sake of the argument, decided to keep Trump off the primary ballot, what would be their justification? And what about the heat all those people would feel from all those diehard Trumpets in the State?

Remember that even after a f*king siege of the Capitol by Trump insurrectionists where five people died, there were STILL over 100 Republican Congressmen who stood up for the President's bullsh*t when they all knew better.

I'm thinking more like blue states where the base is more moderate would do it. They could easily get enough to get him from getting enough delegates.

I tend to agree...

This isn't a debate. Trump's personal lawyer literally told the protestors to commit violent acts at the nation's capitol.

This is a shittily constructed coup attempt. The only saving grace is the absolute stupidity of those attempting to accomplish it.

Trump isn’t running in 2024. His health probably will start to deteriorate anyway. He’s old. It just cracks me up that Iran is threatening him at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised is Trump bombs them as a going away gift

This isn't a debate. Trump's personal lawyer literally told the protestors to commit violent acts at the nation's capitol.

This is a shittily constructed coup attempt. The only saving grace is the absolute stupidity of those attempting to accomplish it.

We are the laughing stock of the world because of this stunt encouraged by trump
And deservedly so. This crazy nonsense has been building up for years and the Right has continued to ignore all the warning signs with dismissive "TDS" comments.

Remember, Trump kicked off his national aspirations by loudly proclaiming to all who would listen that President Obama was an illegitimate President because he was born in Kenya.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Palestine issued a mock travel warning to the US.

We are the laughing stock of the world because of this stunt encouraged by trump
Nobody cares about other countries. Stop being a commie. Maybe they will all stay away

Somehow I doubt the republican party would allow him to run, let alone win.

Trump is bigger than the Republican party at this point. Whether that is true 4 years from now who knows, but at this point the Republicans would have zero chance of winning an election if they banned Trump from the party.

Trump is bigger than the Republican party at this point. Whether that is true 4 years from now who knows, but at this point the Republicans would have zero chance of winning an election if they banned Trump from the party.
A week ago he was. I dont think you realize how toxic he has become to most Republicans. Looking the other way on his tweets is over.

A week ago he was. I dont think you realize how toxic he has become to most Republicans. Looking the other way on his tweets is over.

But his supporters are literally chasing Lindsey Graham out of the airport today. Graham has been a Trump ass kisser the whole time until this week, but they have already declared him an enemy. If you take away Trump supporters from the Republican party, the Republican party would have no chance of winning a presidential election as of today. They created and embraced something they can no longer control, but they cant win without Trumps people.

But his supporters are literally chasing Lindsey Graham out of the airport today. Graham has been a Trump ass kisser the whole time until this week, but they have already declared him an enemy. If you take away Trump supporters from the Republican party, the Republican party would have no chance of winning a presidential election as of today. They created and embraced something they can no longer control, but they cant win without Trumps people.
Thats like saying if you take antifa away from the dems , they'd have no chance of winning. Trump sycophants are a tiny fringe group now, but they'll still be making news. Don't believe for a second that they are enough to affect the party anymore.

Thats like saying if you take antifa away from the dems , they'd have no chance of winning. Trump sycophants are a tiny fringe group now, but they'll still be making news. Don't believe for a second that they are enough to affect the party anymore.

It isnt saying that at all because Antifa is not a part of the Democratic party at all, much less a mainstream part of it. Hate to break it to you, but ANTIFA arent big Biden supporters and never were. THese false equivalencies arent bedded in reality, they just arent.

As of today, you are flat wrong. In 4 years you might be right, but as now, if you take away the Trump people, the Republican party would have no shot at winning an election, none. The whole reason Cruz and Hawley entertained any of this, is because they know that and they wanted to recruit Trump's base. If his base didnt matter, people like Cruz and Hawley wouldnt have played to them with their rhetoric and actions.

It isnt saying that at all because Antifa is not a part of the Democratic party at all, much less a mainstream part of it. Hate to break it to you, but ANTIFA arent big Biden supporters and never were. THese false equivalencies arent bedded in reality, they just arent.

As of today, you are flat wrong. In 4 years you might be right, but as now, if you take away the Trump people, the Republican party would have no shot at winning an election, none. The whole reason Cruz and Hawley entertained any of this, is because they know that and they wanted to recruit Trump's base. If his base didnt matter, people like Cruz and Hawley wouldnt have played to them with their rhetoric and actions.
If the election were held today, how many votes do you think Trump would get?

ADVERTISEMENT