ADVERTISEMENT

The main reason to impeach Trump

If the election were held today, how many votes do you think Trump would get?
Less than last time because rational people are done with him. But that isn't the question, the question is how many votes would a Republican who has turned on Trump get? Not nearly enough to win either.

But his supporters are literally chasing Lindsey Graham out of the airport today. Graham has been a Trump ass kisser the whole time until this week, but they have already declared him an enemy. If you take away Trump supporters from the Republican party, the Republican party would have no chance of winning a presidential election as of today. They created and embraced something they can no longer control, but they cant win without Trumps people.
my hope is that they get disinterested in politics and just go away . I have seen the Jones Cult comparisons and it is difficult to not see similarities

Less than last time because rational people are done with him. But that isn't the question, the question is how many votes would a Republican who has turned on Trump get? Not nearly enough to win either.
It would depend on the candidate. I think there are some people that could draw both the establishment and the populist wing to get to 70 million votes. Not today necessarily, but 6-8 months from now. In 4 years, absolutely.

my hope is that they get disinterested in politics and just go away . I have seen the Jones Cult comparisons and it is difficult to not see similarities
That's my hope too. Hopefully shit gets back to normal and we can start talking about normal, boring issues, but it certainly isnt going away overnight.

It would depend on the candidate. I think there are some people that could draw both the establishment and the populist wing to get to 70 million votes. Not today necessarily, but 6-8 months from now. In 4 years, absolutely.

But who would be that candidate? Cruz was the most competitive in 2016, and he has no chance now. A young upstart like Hawley has ruined his chances. Rubio has spent the last 4 years looking weak and impotent. Rand Paul got no traction in 2016, and no reason to believe anything has changed with him where he would gain traction now. So, who? And like I have said, 4 years from now who knows what the political climate looks like, but as of now, the Republican party is going have a civil war and neither side of that war would be competitive on a national stage.

But who would be that candidate? Cruz was the most competitive in 2016, and he has no chance now. A young upstart like Hawley has ruined his chances. Rubio has spent the last 4 years looking weak and impotent. Rand Paul got no traction in 2016, and no reason to believe anything has changed with him where he would gain traction now. So, who? And like I have said, 4 years from now who knows what the political climate looks like, but as of now, the Republican party is going have a civil war and neither side of that war would be competitive on a national stage.
DeSantis and Noem would do very well with both factions.

DeSantis and Noem would do very well with both factions.
I think Desantis would be too controversial and too much stuff would be dug up about him and his response to covid, plus his personality makes him come across like another Trump, and many Republicans are tired of that. Noem maybe, but I don't think people even know who she is, much less anything else about her.

Probably a traditional establishment Senator as they try to put the pieces back together, John Thune, James Lankford, etc.

I think Desantis would be too controversial and too much stuff would be dug up about him and his response to covid, plus his personality makes him come across like another Trump, and many Republicans are tired of that. Noem maybe, but I don't think people even know who she is, much less anything else about her.
Agree to disagree here. DeSantis is very popular among Republicans. I can't recall a single one that had anything but praise for him. IMO, he has just enough of that "ill take on the media" about him but not the crazy twitter idiocy that makes him acceptable across the spectrum of the party. Noem is the same, but to a lesser extent.

You were giving me crap for underestimating Trump's grassroots support prior to the election (it turns out you were right.) But now you think he's lost a majority of those 70 million-plus voters?

Hell, Conservative talk radio is alive and well and continuing to spew their lies to whomever will listen. I'm guessing that's quite a few people. So if you believe Trumpism will be a 'fringe element' within the GOP, I think you'll be in for a surprise.

If I was a Democrat the last thing I would want to do is prevent him from running again. I read a quote from the Republican Senator the other day that said something to the degree of "Donald Trump brings voters to the polls unlike anyone I've seen before, unfortunately the majority of those are there to vote against him". The reality after the past election and capital riot is that he has next to no chance of winning a general election. So if I was a Democrat I'd be thinking let him run - if the Republicans let him run in the primaries and he wins, he'll just lose in the general election - if they don't let him run, he'll run separately, split the ticket, and they will both lose.

Agree to disagree here. DeSantis is very popular among Republicans. I can't recall a single one that had anything but praise for him. IMO, he has just enough of that "ill take on the media" about him but not the crazy twitter idiocy that makes him acceptable across the spectrum of the party. Noem is the same, but to a lesser extent.

Desantis has no shot of winning a national election. And like both Firm and Poolside said, what goes over in Florida doesnt necessarily it means it goes over nation wide. Desantis has had a horrible response to corona, has lied about it, fired and had LE raid the house of a former worker who exposed him, and does his best Trump impersonation by blaming everything on the media. The country isnt going to respond well to him at all.

If Trump ran as an independent in 2024 (he won’t), he would not win, but would take away so many republican votes that they would get crushed. He can double middle finger them if he wanted to

Main reason to impeach at this point, is the fun watching Lefties all over the country having orgasm's in public

Main reason to impeach at this point, is the fun watching Lefties all over the country having orgasm's in public
if he conceded a month ago and stopped lying everyday about the election all of this could have been avoided . Most people just wanted him to stfu and go away, instead he went for the Dictator playbook when backed into a corner

if he conceded a month ago and stopped lying everyday about the election all of this could have been avoided . Most people just wanted him to stfu and go away, instead he went for the Dictator playbook when backed into a corner
And then what? Everybody is just hunky-dory and the populist movement goes away?

And then what? Everybody is just hunky-dory and the populist movement goes away?
Soooooo....since these populists are HERE ANYWAY, I guess there's nothing really wrong with manipulating them for my own perverse political gain, is that the thinking?

Soooooo....since these populists are HERE ANYWAY, I guess there's nothing really wrong with manipulating them for my own perverse political gain, is that the thinking?
Maybe recognize that they have a point, just like the Bernie bros may have a point.

The trouble is, we keep asking what the hell the Trumpets' beef is -- and what we get back is the sound of crickets.
Because you are looking at it likes it just something that's happened in the last couple of months, and quite honestly, when legit points are made you dismiss them. Just like with the Bernie crowd, this has been brewing for quite a while.

Because you are looking at it likes it just something that's happened in the last couple of months, and quite honestly, when legit points are made you dismiss them.
What legit points? Name a few so we have something to actually discuss rather than just vague feelings.

What legit points? Name a few so we have something to actually discuss rather than just vague feelings.
Exactly. You're dismissing feelings of other people now, wanting it to be all about facts. I'm pretty sure that you were pretty concerned that Trump was going to start a war somewhere, right? He was going to start World War 3. Nuke Iran maybe? Or did you never have any concern that this would happen?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT