Ole miss loses to Memphis
Tennessee loses to Ga State
SC loses to NC
Miss St squeaks by Lousiana Lafayette
Arkansas barely getting by Portland State
Kentucky struggled with Toledo

Not sure how UCF would survive the “rigors” of the sec
Plus you could get some quality losses!

Is it me or has the entire college football world gotten sick of the P5's s**t.
So many G5 teams have flat out violated them today :joy:

Even a couple FCS teams almost smacked up the B1G, Iowa State went to triple overtime with northern Iowa and South Dakota State lost a close one to Minnesota.

The disrespect is so real this weekend lmao and I can't help but think our attitude towards the cartel these past few years is the catalyst.

Is it me or has the entire college football world gotten sick of the P5's s**t.
So many G5 teams have flat out violated them today :joy:

Even a couple FCS teams almost smacked up the B1G, Iowa State went to triple overtime with northern Iowa and South Dakota State lost a close one to Minnesota.

The disrespect is so real this weekend lmao and I can't help but think our attitude towards the cartel these past few years is the catalyst.
Just new P5 teams get vaulted higher. Nothing to see here. Keep it moving.

Wyoming is handling Missouri up by 10 in the 3rd. Paul Finebaum will still push the SEC as the best conference in 2019. Tennessee really looked bad they can't get all the 5 star talent to play as a team.:sunglasses:

Reactions: Knight Strength
Self fulfilling prophecy, they’ll just say it was first week jitters and highlight the later games as indicative of the SEC power, it’s a racket brah!

Reactions: ProAttitude
Auburn won over Oregon on a VERY late TD pass. Crazy ending.
Oregon choked almost exactly the same way they did against Stanford a few years ago. Had the ball around the 10 yard line. Fumble nearly resulted in a scoop-and-score (against Stanford ball was snapped over QB). Auburn got 3, which is a 6 or 10 point swing. Oregon wins if they don't F that up.

Oregon choked almost exactly the same way they did against Stanford a few years ago. Had the ball around the 10 yard line. Fumble nearly resulted in a scoop-and-score (against Stanford ball was snapped over QB). Auburn got 3, which is a 6 or 10 point swing. Oregon wins if they don't F that up.
Yeah, that was a big momentum swing. But Oregon wins if they just hold them on d at the end too.

Bama, Georgia, and LSU are very good. a big drop off after that

Bama, Georgia, LSU, Texas A & M, UF, and Auburn could all be quite good nationally. Still so early to be judging teams and conferences. Time will tell.

Last edited:
The SEC is highly overrated to the point where non-SEC fans are united in their gag-reflex every time ESPN and CBS go on one of their tangents.

Jesus, Georgia State was literally kicking Tennessee's butt on both sides of the line in the fourth quarter. And for all the hype about Mizzou, they made a zillion dumbass mistakes which cost them the game against Wyoming. Frankly, Auburn should have gotten their butts whupped too. But Oregon's mistakes paved the way for some nauseating 'mega-gushing' over the Tigers' freshman QB.

Bama, Georgia, LSU, Texas A & M, UF, and Auburn could all be quite good nationally. Still so early to be judging teams and conferences. Time will tell.
Had that been our conference we would be written off week 1. never mind the good top half of the AAC that won their games.
We're just keeping the same energy for the SEC

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
The SEC is highly overrated to the point where non-SEC fans are united in their gag-reflex every time ESPN and CBS go on one of their tangents.

Jesus, Georgia State was literally kicking Tennessee's butt on both sides of the line in the fourth quarter. And for all the hype about Mizzou, they made a zillion dumbass mistakes which cost them the game against Wyoming. Frankly, Auburn should have gotten their butts whupped too. But Oregon's mistakes paved the way for some nauseating 'mega-gushing' over the Tigers' freshman QB.

The SEC hype train is still based off of 2014 when the west had 6 teams spend time in the top 5 throughout the season.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand…. had a fumble returned for a TD and a costly interception. Both were MAJOR factors in Wyoming's upset win.
I'm skeptical of Bryant and Hurts. They seem to have been great during their time but got beat out badly when other highly rated QBs came in to their programs. Were they overrated like Barnett? My Bama fan friends actually call them both "garbage qbs" who benefitted from the talent surrounding them and their superior coaches. I won't watch SEC or OU games but it will be interesting to see how their new teams do.

I'm skeptical of Bryant and Hurts. They seem to have been great during their time but got beat out badly when other highly rated QBs came in to their programs. Were they overrated like Barnett? My Bama fan friends actually call them both "garbage qbs" who benefitted from the talent surrounding them and their superior coaches. I won't watch SEC or OU games but it will be interesting to see how their new teams do.
Aren’t you living in OK now? The game will be impossible to ignore

I'm skeptical of Bryant and Hurts. They seem to have been great during their time but got beat out badly when other highly rated QBs came in to their programs.
I am skeptical too. I watched the Mizzou-Wyoming game last night in part because I was curious how Bryant would do. (In truth, I also hate Mizzou.) He had some gaudy stats but call me unimpressed.

It will be interesting to see if the same holds true with Hurts at OU.

Ole miss loses to Memphis
Tennessee loses to Ga State
SC loses to NC
Miss St squeaks by Lousiana Lafayette
Arkansas barely getting by Portland State
Kentucky struggled with Toledo

Not sure how UCF would survive the “rigors” of the sec

Don't forget my favorite - Missouri got clocked by Wyoming 'Pokes!

The SEC hype train is still based off of 2014 when the west had 6 teams spend time in the top 5 throughout the season.

The SEC has had more NFL draft picks than any other conference in something like 14 of the last 16 drafts. Last year they had 64 picks, the next closest conference was the Big 10 with 40. The SEC always has a ton of talent. Whether that talent comes together on the field is another story, plenty of talented teams don't have good seasons for a variety of reasons. But, you can't say the conference that puts out more pro players (by far) is only hyped because of 2014.

Reactions: bluechip12

Richie Grant, or any other quality collegiate ball-hawking safety, undercuts and picks off that Bo Nix game-winning TD pass, IMO.

The last relevant thing Texas A&M did was when Manziel played there.

So what? It's a new season, they have a new coach in his 2nd season. They have a big game at Clemson this week, which I expect them to lose, but I also expect them to be competitive. A&M should have a good team this year, it doesn't matter when the last time they were good happens to be (although last years teams was pretty good).

The SEC has had more NFL draft picks than any other conference in something like 14 of the last 16 drafts. Last year they had 64 picks, the next closest conference was the Big 10 with 40. The SEC always has a ton of talent. Whether that talent comes together on the field is another story, plenty of talented teams don't have good seasons for a variety of reasons. But, you can't say the conference that puts out more pro players (by far) is only hyped because of 2014.

Prior to 2014 it wasn't like this. That was just a stellar year for the SEC and espn has acted like it's the same situation ever since. Take Bama out of the equation and what does the SEC look like over the last 4 years? It looks like the big12.

Reactions: ahabmw
Prior to 2014 it wasn't like this. That was just a stellar year for the SEC and espn has acted like it's the same situation ever since. Take Bama out of the equation and what does the SEC look like over the last 4 years? It looks like the big12.

That isn't true at all. Again, the SEC has produced more NFL draft picks almost every year for the last 16 years. And from 98-13 Alabama won 3 titles, LSU and Florida 2 titles each, and Tennessee and Auburn 1 title each. The Big 12 and ACC are the only other conferences with more than 1 national title in that time frame, OU and Texas each with one, and FSU won 2.

You cant take Bama out of the equation. For one, it would be changing the conference and the argument. Take Oklahoma out of the Big 12 and what does it look like? Take Clemson out of the ACC and what does it look like? But secondly, you don't know what the situation would be if you took Bama out of the equation. Those recruits are going somewhere, so Florida, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, etc might have ended up being what Alabama is currently. I mean hell, Georgia certainly might have multiple national titles if not for Alabama. You cant argue hypotheticals.

I also think the death of the SEC is a bit premature. Yes they had some rough losses, but was anyone expecting UT to be good? Everyone knew Ole Miss had major question marks on offense, etc etc. The top tier teams all won, and I think the SEC still has more top tier teams than any other conference.

Last edited:
The reality is that it's been like this for a while, it's just conveniently forgot about. Every conference has their top teams and then their is everybody else. The parity in college football has come full circle.

The reality is that it's been like this for a while, it's just conveniently forgot about. Every conference has their top teams and then their is everybody else. The parity in college football has come full circle.

I think the SEC has more top tier teams still. The ACC has Clemson, and then mediocrity, especially since FSU has fallen quite a bit. The Big 10 still has several good teams. The Big 12 has OU and Texas, and then a couple of quality teams, and I don't think the PAC 12 is anything special. There might be some parity, but I don't think the SEC has fallen to the degree like people are making it out.

Crazyhole said:

That isn't true at all. Again, the SEC has produced more NFL draft picks almost every year for the last 16 years. And from 98-13 Alabama won 3 titles, LSU and Florida 2 titles each, and Tennessee and Auburn 1 title each. The Big 12 and ACC are the only other conferences with more than 1 national title in that time frame, OU and Texas each with one, and FSU won 2.

You cant take Bama out of the equation. For one, it would be changing the conference and the argument. Take Oklahoma out of the Big 12 and what does it look like? Take Clemson out of the ACC and what does it look like? But secondly, you don't know what the situation would be if you took Bama out of the equation. Those recruits are going somewhere, so Florida, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, etc might have ended up being what Alabama is currently. I mean hell, Georgia certainly might have multiple national titles if not for Alabama. You cant argue hypotheticals.

I also think the death of the SEC is a bit premature. Yes they had some rough losses, but was anyone expecting UT to be good? Everyone knew Ole Miss had major question marks on offense, etc etc. The top tier teams all won, and I think the SEC still has more top tier teams than any other conference.

98-13 are not within the last 4 years.

Crazyhole said:

98-13 are not within the last 4 years.
98-13 was prior to 2014.

You forgot AAC with 1. Coincidentally, during the years you posted, UCF is 1-0 against Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT