ADVERTISEMENT

the next law we need to borrow from NY

Cops need to start ticketing if you are cruising in the left lane. If you arent passing GTFO. Truthfully people need to be beaten for this crap.
technically its already a law here, they just dont enforce it.

i have heard that they are actually planning on starting to do warnings and then tickets for this soon. dont know how reliable that info is though.

Please also ticket the dickheads who think the right line is also a passing lane, and drive around like idiots going from the far right lane to the left lane.

Reactions: btbones
They've been saying that for 2 years now. I'm still waiting for them to start.

It's particularly bad on 417. With only two lanes of traffic in most spots (like the Jesup bridge), one idiot doing 45mph in the left lane is not only stupid, it's dangerous.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Please also ticket the dickheads who think the right line is also a passing lane, and drive around like idiots going from the far right lane to the left lane.

If the morons that can't drive would get out of the left lane we wouldn't have to pass on the right. I'm not riding behind an idiot that can only go 60 on an a highway.

Another epicly ignorant post by 85.

You know its bad when FNB and wayne have to spell it out for you, lmao.

If the morons that can't drive would get out of the left lane we wouldn't have to pass on the right. I'm not riding behind an idiot that can only go 60 on an a highway.

I get that. But flying over to the right lane isn't the answer. At that point, you have an idiot going slow in the left lane and people trying to fly around everyone in the right lane and merging onto people coming back to the middle lane.

You take a dangerous situation and make it even worse.

I get that. But flying over to the right lane isn't the answer. At that point, you have an idiot going slow in the left lane and people trying to fly around everyone in the right lane and merging onto people coming back to the middle lane.

You take a dangerous situation and make it even worse.
its almost like there was a solution proposed in this thread that would mostly eliminate the problem. germany and ny apparently understand the problem.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
its almost like there was a solution proposed in this thread that would mostly eliminate the problem. germany and ny apparently understand the problem.

In Germany it's not just the law, it's ingrained in their culture. Driving there is amazing. The left lane is always completely empty UNLESS you are going to be passing, and everyone gets over if they're not going as fast as the guy coming up on them.

But my point is that this is already illegal here- just never enforced. It should be.

In the meantime, we have highways with idiots passing in any lane.

The Disney Cruise line buses on 528 are usually in caravans of 3-5 buses and I swear they use the left lane almost exclusively, going exactly 70 or slightly over. Creates a huge mess every time I encounter them.

Reactions: UCFWayne
In Germany it's not just the law, it's ingrained in their culture. Driving there is amazing. The left lane is always completely empty UNLESS you are going to be passing, and everyone gets over if they're not going as fast as the guy coming up on them.

But my point is that this is already illegal here- just never enforced. It should be.

In the meantime, we have highways with idiots passing in any lane.
every person in this thread has called for them to enforce the left lane law. if they did that, the right lane passing would all but go away just like its gone in germany. imagine that.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
every person in this thread has called for them to enforce the left lane law. if they did that, the right lane passing would all but go away just like its gone in germany. imagine that.
No it wouldn’t . The assholes he’s talking about swerve in and out of traffic passing no matter the situation . There are times when a crowded highway just can’t flow in the left lane at 80 mph . These dickheads still do the same . He’s not talking about you casually passing a slow driving asshole on the Left lane

Reactions: The Branch
No it wouldn’t . The assholes he’s talking about swerve in and out of traffic passing no matter the situation . There are times when a crowded highway just can’t flow in the left lane at 80 mph . These dickheads still do the same . He’s not talking about you casually passing a slow driving asshole on the Left lane

fakenews.jpg

Correct. Someone gets it.

Just today I was on the Howard Frankland bridge and saw asshats flying around to pass in the far right lane, when the left lane was wide open.

Correct. Someone gets it.

Just today I was on the Howard Frankland bridge and saw asshats flying around to pass in the far right lane, when the left lane was wide open.
Why the hell weren't you in the right lane then, jackass?

I've got nearly 500 ft-lbs of torque. If you're doing 15 under in the left lane ... you're damn straight I'm gunning it in the right lane and passing all of you. ;)

But I only wait for when it's really clear on the right, and it's clearly 1 person.

I.e., I stay in the right lane at all times, unless passing. In fact, I don't "queue up" in the left lane. I wish people did that, like I do.

It's that "backup queue" that causes problems ... and accidents.

ADVERTISEMENT