ADVERTISEMENT

The Not Hoops Report, Hoops Report - UConn

Hoops McKnight*

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2001
[because I don't do The Hoops Report when I'm not there]

1. You just don't come back from a 17-point deficit to win against top-ranked, high profile teams in college basketball. You simply do not. Wait, what just happened?!

2. I'm certainly going to misquote him, but Marcus said something to the effect that he wasn't going to allow this team to have a performance like we had against FSU again this year. He made certain that didn't happen during the 2nd half. Fabulous game!

3. Easily - CERTAINLY - the biggest basketball win in school history, and maybe in any UCF sport. EVER. And that includes last year's UF game, which gave me first-time bragging rights against 2 brothers, McKnight Lad #3 and Mrs. McKnight.

4. Keith has had back-to-back phenomenal games. He has stunned opposing players and coaches, and the Versus broadcast team. Should he play as well tomorrow (and he has played 30+ minutes 2 days in a row) and we win, he's MVP.

5. Donnie's adjustments after being 17-down won the game. That 2-3 zone completely took UConn out of their game that was dominating us for the first 26 minutes of the game. He's a game coach...

6. Plus he put Jeff into the game at PG during that stretch, and he delivered - especially defensively and with no mistakes. That move let Marcus be Marcus.

7. And Isaiah was invaluable. He is smothering on D, and is so quick and active around the basket. His 2 late baseline moves sealed the game (along with MarJ's FTs).

8. Gotta beat Harvard - HARVARD! - to win the tournament. Very well coached by Tommy Amaker. Should be damn fun!
This post was edited on 11/25 11:34 PM by Hoops McKnight*

Nice report, hoops!

The NBA scout has mentioned some really good big men who can shoot.

I think it is Keith.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT