ADVERTISEMENT

The Perfect Guy

Yaes

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2017
There has been and is an awful lot of hype about KJ, and his stats at Arkansas (SEC) in 21, 22, and 23 are impressive. Gus says, “Just for us and our offense, we think he’s the perfect fit, and not just as a player, but as a person. He’s used to winning and he’s really the perfect guy for us.” I certainly hope this is true and we have a great season in the XII in 2024. From what is being said, it appears there will be no QB competition at UCF for 2024 and KJ will be the starter. What this does for the QB room remains to be seen. What it does for developing QB talent remains an even bigger question for me.

There has been and is an awful lot of hype about KJ, and his stats at Arkansas (SEC) in 21, 22, and 23 are impressive. Gus says, “Just for us and our offense, we think he’s the perfect fit, and not just as a player, but as a person. He’s used to winning and he’s really the perfect guy for us.” I certainly hope this is true and we have a great season in the XII in 2024. From what is being said, it appears there will be no QB competition at UCF for 2024 and KJ will be the starter. What this does for the QB room remains to be seen. What it does for developing QB talent remains an even bigger question for me.
i wouldn't expect him to say anything different.
Consider the gravity of the moment.

UCF just signed statistically the greatest quarterback in Arkansas football history. The SEC program has produced recent NFL quarterback draftees Brandon Allen, Tyler Allen, and Ryan Mallett.

KJ has surpassed them all and projects to have the best statistical season of his career given his history in games against Big 12 competition.

If UCF can shore up its run defense and hold serve on its passing offense, the younger quarterbacks figure to get a lion's share of mop-up duty in 2024.

UCF just signed statistically the greatest quarterback in Arkansas football history. The SEC program has produced recent NFL quarterback draftees Brandon Allen, Tyler Allen, and Ryan Mallett.

KJ has surpassed them all and projects to have the best statistical season of his career given his history in games against Big 12 competition.

If UCF can shore up its run defense and hold serve on its passing offense, the younger quarterbacks figure to get a lion's share of mop-up duty in 2024.
I don't think many will doubt or question KJ's abilities or record. Perhaps you are right and the younger QBs will get the lion's share of "mop-up duty;" but don't you think it takes more than "mop-up duty" to develop a young QB? Again, how many QBs lke KJ are around? At some point, don't we need to quit relying on the portal and start developing young talent?

with our D and fast offense no lead is safe see baylor, memphis, etc.

Reactions: Yaes
At some point, don't we need to quit relying on the portal and start developing young talent?
In terms of 1 year rentals, yes. If we had been able to out-recruit Boise (can't believe I'm writing this) for Malachai Nelson we could get up to 4 years...that itch should have been worth scratching

To answer your question, maybe we lose McClain in the Spring portal, probably don't lose Rizk or the 2 Freshmen this year, still wonder why Williams was brought here in the first place.

Reactions: Yaes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT