ADVERTISEMENT

The REAL problem with COVID-19: TESTING!

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
Seriously, sometimes Trump's batshit crazy antics get so bizarre that you'd think you're watching some comedic parody of US Governance.

At Trump's Tulsa rally (where the vast majority of people were face mask-less by the way), he told the crowd that we need to SLOW DOWN coronavirus testing.

The next day, his press secretary rolled her eyes when the press asked her about it and said the President was just joking. Hours later, Trump tells reporters on his way to another rally that he was dead serious. The more testing, the faster the numbers go up.

So identifying infectious people early to stop the spread is clearly less important to Trump than hiding the true extent of the problem.

Help. I need one of our resident Trumpsters to explain the logic of this for me.

Seriously, sometimes Trump's batshit crazy antics get so bizarre that you'd think you're watching some comedic parody of US Governance.

At Trump's Tulsa rally (where the vast majority of people were face mask-less by the way), he told the crowd that we need to SLOW DOWN coronavirus testing.

The next day, his press secretary rolled her eyes when the press asked her about it and said the President was just joking. Hours later, Trump tells reporters on his way to another rally that he was dead serious. The more testing, the faster the numbers go up.

So identifying infectious people early to stop the spread is clearly less important to Trump than hiding the true extent of the problem.

Help. I need one of our resident Trumpsters to explain the logic of this for me.

I was talking about it yesterday. He wants to lose. Finally he has actually said something that is literally batshit crazy, but its still calculated. He'll do more of this kind of stuff in the coming months, and hopefully its limited to just things he says.

Years of snorting adderall + copious amounts of known carcinogens in his orange face tanner + steady lifetime of a Fatty McFatty diet = crazy epic dementia

Reactions: NinjaKnight

Help. I need one of our resident Trumpsters to explain the logic of this for me.[/QUOTE

Damn, if only we had applied that solution to AIDS, Polio, and other world pandemics. We’d all be in a better world today. Brilliant. He is so overwhelmed with all this. The problem is he can’t solve this with smoke and mirrors. He can’t just act like he’s doing something he really needs to execute and that is something he can’t do ....

You really are pretty stupid. When you throw out Red Herrings and straw men, you're supposed to start with "Well, what about Chicago?????"

Thanks for proving my point. Why do you think all the covid hotspots are major cities? It's obviously because Democrats are those city leaders. Checkmate.

Thanks for proving my point. Why do you think all the covid hotspots are major cities? It's obviously because Democrats are those city leaders. Checkmate.

giphy.gif

It was one of the worst own-goals of his Presidency mostly because only the lunatics thought that the President actually controlled the flow of testing. He said something that pretty much everyone found to be problematic right now, but it was totally unnecessary. He doesn't control testing operations. It is exactly a State and local level operation to get testing sites and lab capacity up to levels that can accommodate testing requirements. Florida is pumping out testing right now and it has absolutely nothing to do with DC.

It's worth noting though that a dumb comment at a rally does not equal actual policy. The COVID Task Force, to include Fauci, have all said that they had worked to ramp up testing all long despite issues with the initial CDC tests. Which makes Trump saying this even more bizarre.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
It was one of the worst own-goals of his Presidency mostly because only the lunatics thought that the President actually controlled the flow of testing. He said something that pretty much everyone found to be problematic right now, but it was totally unnecessary. He doesn't control testing operations. It is exactly a State and local level operation to get testing sites and lab capacity up to levels that can accommodate testing requirements. Florida is pumping out testing right now and it has absolutely nothing to do with DC.

It's worth noting though that a dumb comment at a rally does not equal actual policy. The COVID Task Force, to include Fauci, have all said that they had worked to ramp up testing all long despite issues with the initial CDC tests. Which makes Trump saying this even more bizarre.
It does not matter what he owns and doesn’t own. He should be taking a leadership role. He is not doing that. I think it’s interesting making excuses like he does not control testing.

The problem with it is that he doubled down on it. I think having a smaller crowd than expected really hit him hard.

This morning I heard a Biden critic blast the presumptive Democratic Party nominee for not getting 'out there' more.

A Biden supporter replied, "Why?"

He then gave an analogy that I thought was worth sharing. He likened Biden's strategy to Mohammed Ali's "rope a dope" against George Foreman. He said that the way Trump has been acting lately, the POTUS is his own worst enemy. Joe just needs to let him 'punch himself out' and then finish him off late.

As funny as the comment was, there was a ring of truth to it. :)

Reactions: Crazyhole
This morning I heard a Biden critic blast the presumptive Democratic Party nominee for not getting 'out there' more.

He then gave an analogy that I thought was worth sharing. He likened Biden's strategy to Mohammed Ali's "rope a dope" against George Foreman. He said that the way Trump has been acting lately, the POTUS is his own worst enemy. Joe just needs to let him 'punch himself out' and then finish him off late.

That was Al Sharpton.

Reactions: DaShuckster
You guys are dumb. Don't worry about Trump's words, look at his actions.

I think you are right there. Add to that the fact that Biden can't be in public more than 10 minutes without showing he no longer has a functioning brain, and the rope by a dope makes perfect sense.

Its working, Trump is kicking his own ass.

I agree, even though I pay little attention to polls at this point. Trump is stepping in it right now, and Biden by being bunkered in, is not showing he is no longer able to function at above an ape like intellect.

The pandemic is probably the best thing to happen to Biden. He doesn't have to speak much, isn't out in public, and it's really helping him. And it's really not all that difficult when the POTUS continually effs up and produces gems like this (or was he just kidding):

The election should be a formality at this point. No one could have possibly screwed up our response more than Trump did without actually trying.

I think Trump and his chuds are on to something.

I bet this heat wave would go away if we didn't have so many thermometers in this country and so many so-called "meteorologists" around on TV to tell us how g'damned hot it is.

I think Trump and his chuds are on to something.

I bet this heat wave would go away if we didn't have so many thermometers in this country and so many so-called "meteorologists" around on TV to tell us how g'damned hot it is.

Well I mean climate change is also another democratic hoax, 98% of scientists were all paid off by Big Science (you know, that multi trillion dollar corp that exists...oh wait that's the fossil fuel industry).

How sad of a life you must live to think all the doctors, scientists, and experts are in on a giant conspiracy. Only fox news tells you the truth.

Only fox news tells you the truth.
Even Fox News has decided that mask-wearing is common sense for crying out loud.

But chud logic has decided to ignore 1001 basic, day-to-day safety measures we take for granted in our modern society and proclaim during a f*king PANDEMIC that mask-wearing is a "freedom to choose" thing.

But guess what? When we lose college football this fall, they'll tell us all it was the media's fault.

Chuds like to randomly include a subject that has nothing to do with covid. I'm probably one of the most environment friendly person on this board.

You can't say follow the scientists with covid since they change their minds on a weekly basis. WHO says...no masks. CDC says...masks. Fauci said no masks and they are for show before flipping. We were told covid would almost disappear in the summer to come back in the fall. We were told humidity would kill covid. We were told kids could transfer covid to probably not. Shall I go on?

You forgot to mention the CDC adding provisional covid deaths to the numbers. They predicted 200,000 deaths and by golly they are going to make sure that projection was right.

You can't say follow the scientists with covid since they change their minds on a weekly basis. WHO says...no masks. CDC says...masks. Fauci said no masks and they are for show before flipping.
Since you want to revisit the past, would you also like to put the Fauci "no mask" comment in context?

This was during the time when our nation's front-line covid workers were in danger of running out of masks. This was an effort to avoid having the general public start hording an already dangerously low supply of them.

You don't need to be a brain surgeon to know that masks are effective or else doctors and nurses wouldn't have been wearing them to avoid disease spreading for as long as I can remember. Fauci knew this. But in a crisis, everybody works together to put the priority on supporting front-line health workers.

Since you want to revisit the past, would you also like to put the Fauci "no mask" comment in context?

This was during the time when our nation's front-line covid workers were in danger of running out of masks. This was an effort to avoid having the general public start hording an already dangerously low supply of them.

You don't need to be a brain surgeon to know that masks are effective or else doctors and nurses wouldn't have been wearing them to avoid disease spreading for as long as I can remember. Fauci knew this. But in a crisis, everybody works together to put the priority on supporting front-line health workers.

Those were N95 respirators. The cloth and surgical masks do nothing.

How much are they testing. Can't get diagnosed with covid if you're not testing for it. New York and Hong Kong both required masks. Now what is the difference besides the chud tossed covid patients to nursing homes.
50,000 tests per million.
200 cases per million.
Positive rate of %0.4

A ton of shit. To start they had tests available early on, which America did not.
Jesus Christ, after all this time, the United States is STILL way behind on testing for crying out loud! If we were serious about restarting the economy before a vaccine, then there needs to be an immediate turnaround on test results. If you have to wait A WEEK for the results (if you're lucky), what good is that?

The whole point of testing was to get to a point where we could isolate the outbreaks AND respond immediately when a new infection is identified. Without it, we're fooling ourselves if we believe this economy is going anywhere anytime soon.

Lol inbred MAGAts are dumber than rocks and you guys continually prove it on here.

Holy shit you guys are stupid.

Jesus Christ, after all this time, the United States is STILL way behind on testing for crying out loud! If we were serious about restarting the economy before a vaccine, then there needs to be an immediate turnaround on test results. If you have to wait A WEEK for the results (if you're lucky), what good is that?

The whole point of testing was to get to a point where we could isolate the outbreaks AND respond immediately when a new infection is identified. Without it, we're fooling ourselves if we believe this economy is going anywhere anytime soon.
23rd out of 194 and by far the largest population with a significant amount of testing is "way behind"?

It is if you want to really reopen the economy.
We don't have a choice about reopening the economy. Plus, most of the testing has been done in Hotspots which makes total sense. This country is huge and diverse and most of it hasn't had much of an issue with Covid so to lump that in for the total tests per million is an unfair comparison. If people don't need to be tested, why test them?

ADVERTISEMENT