ADVERTISEMENT

The Stock Market Thread: Where we blame everything we can except Trump. (Unless its going well)

Lol this is too funny and awesome. So much blowing up in the face of someone who is such a know it all blowhard

Lol this is too funny and awesome. So much blowing up in the face of someone who is such a know it all blowhard

Well, guess I broke 85 again. This is why no one takes you seriously. You got caught in a blatant lie and refuse to own up to it.

Again: why did you state the trade deficit is over $500 billion with China when I proved it wasn't?

Well, guess I broke 85 again. This is why no one takes you seriously. You got caught in a blatant lie and refuse to own up to it.

Again: why did you state the trade deficit is over $500 billion with China when I proved it wasn't?

Again: I already stated that was an incorrect statement on my part like 2 pages ago. You must have been knee deep in new idiotic premature celebrations of the markets tanking to notice.

Your original post today- LOLOLOL

Again: I already stated that was an incorrect statement on my part like 2 pages ago. You must have been knee deep in new idiotic premature celebrations of the markets tanking to notice.

Your original post today- LOLOLOL

Impressive you managed to admit it was an incorrect statement 2 pages ago when I first posted that tweet on the previous page.

And of course you are lying yet again, no where did you admit it was an incorrect statement.

Lmao this is hilarious. Another 85 meltdown.

Impressive you managed to admit it was an incorrect statement 2 pages ago when I first posted that tweet on the previous page.

And of course you are lying yet again, no where did you admit it was an incorrect statement.

Lmao this is hilarious. Another 85 meltdown.

Hey- be sure to let us know tomorrow around noon how the market was at 9:30 that morning.

We’re always eager for shitty commentary that’s 3 hours old.

Lolcopter

Hey- be sure to let us know tomorrow around noon how the market was at 9:30 that morning.

We’re always eager for shitty commentary that’s 3 hours old.

Lolcopter

More deflections.

You post a flat out 100% wrong lie, and think you are super edgy by making fun of the fact that I posted an article that was 4 hours old. JFC how pathetic can you get.

We should just let the Chinese continue to cheat on trade and steal IP because snowflakes can't handle 1-2% swings in the stock market.

We should just let the Chinese continue to cheat on trade and steal IP because snowflakes can't handle 1-2% swings in the stock market.

Ah gotcha, it totally makes sense to make American investors lose money in the stock market, reduce consumer confidence, and pay more on imports. That will really show the Chinese! You and Trump really are just the best financial geniuses. Forget the fact that he doesn't even know what the actual trade deficit is, that doesn't matter.

The "snowflakes" really adds credence to your argument too, all the best financial guru's use that term.

Reactions: fried-chicken
Ah gotcha, it totally makes sense to make American investors lose money in the stock market, reduce consumer confidence, and pay more on imports. That will really show the Chinese! You and Trump really are just the best financial geniuses. Forget the fact that he doesn't even know what the actual trade deficit is, that doesn't matter.

The "snowflakes" really adds credence to your argument too, all the best financial guru's use that term.

So just keep the status quo and let the Chinese continue to cheat and steal? They're not going to just give up the benefits without a fight.

So just keep the status quo and let the Chinese continue to cheat and steal? They're not going to just give up the benefits without a fight.

Hit them in a way that doesn't hurt Americans just as much (if not more) than the intended target.

So, Republicans are in favor of regulated trade now?

Hit them in a way that doesn't hurt Americans just as much (if not more) than the intended target.
We have asymmetric trade with them. It will always hurt China more. The long term cost of allowing China to steal their way to technology dominance is probably so huge, that there's nothing they could do to us to that would come close to that long term cost.

He's the POTUS, I'm pretty sure he has some options.

Bush and Obama had options too. They always spoke a big game about how China breaks the rules, yet did absolutely nothing about it.

I don't want tariffs but I also don't want China to continue ripping this country off.

You really shouldn't criticize if you don't have options you believe are better.

Holy hell what an ignorant statement.

Is it my job to come up with better options? Do I have nearly unlimited resources to come up with better options? Do I have access to people who have trained their entire lives to come up with better options? JFC.

Holy hell what an ignorant statement.

Is it my job to come up with better options? Do I have nearly unlimited resources to come up with better options? Do I have access to people who have trained their entire lives to come up with better options? JFC.

You need to look up the definition of ignorance. How can you possibly criticize actions or policy that you don't have better options for and obviously know nothing about?

Spend 60 billion from the wall fund investing in clean energy and beating China to that win.

When was the wall funded $60B? The private sector is already doing an excellent job on renewables and clean energy, the government shouldn't be involved.

When was the wall funded $60B? The private sector is already doing an excellent job on renewables and clean energy, the government shouldn't be involved.
Actually, this is true. Fossil fuels have become expensive, and industry is changing.

In the case of the EU, they are head of us because they don't have shale, and are far more heavily dependent on the Middle East and Russia for oil and natural gas, respectively. Canada is attempting to assist with their pipeline (which is 1/20-1/50th the issues of rail) and terminal investments, but it will only go so far.

Government is actually getting in the way.

Looool

We shouldn't criticize the president unless we can solve the world's problems on a message board. He was elected because of his good brain and he had best ideas why do I have to have better ideas than the president to co.plain about what he does?

I never said that.

Looool

We shouldn't criticize the president unless we can solve the world's problems on a message board. He was elected because of his good brain and he had best ideas why do I have to have better ideas than the president to co.plain about what he does?

Literal ****ing insanity. "Don't be mean to the president, he's doing the best he can, you don't have any better ideas!"

looooooooool

Actually, this is true. Fossil fuels have become expensive, and industry is changing.

In the case of the EU, they are head of us because they don't have shale, and are far more heavily dependent on the Middle East and Russia for oil and natural gas, respectively. Canada is attempting to assist with their pipeline (which is 1/20-1/50th the issues of rail) and terminal investments, but it will only go so far.

Government is actually getting in the way.
China's government is getting in the way by investing $160B per year in the industry. US companies have to compete with that.

China's government is getting in the way by investing $160B per year in the industry. US companies have to compete with that.

Who cares? China isn't an enemy and we shouldn't be doing anything to stop their IP theft, currency manipulation and unfair trade because it might hurt day traders.

Reactions: UCFBS
Who cares? China isn't an enemy and we shouldn't be doing anything to stop their IP theft, currency manipulation and unfair trade because it might hurt day traders.
I'm a free trade Libertarian. The problem? We don't have free trade. Other than Chinese and their currency manipulation (which needs to end), we've done this to ourselves, with self-interested politicians and the oligarchy.

Keep in mind ...
  1. People should stop blaming Trump for this finally coming to a point, at the same time ...
  2. It is very risky for Trump to do what he is doing, for a number of reasons, including ...
    • Trade wars sometimes result in countries changing trading partners, and ...
    • China does hold $1.12T of our national debt, and could put the screws to us, like we did the UK in 1956
As of right now, little has gone into effect. The Chinese counters also don't go into effect until the US terms do.

As always ... we'll see. But trying to do something about this now, is better than keep kicking the can down-the-road. I'll give Trump credit for having the balls to try something.

Just not sure it's going to work in our favor. But it's better to try now, than later. Our trade deficit is only getting worse, and China more powerful.

Of course China is investing as well, including into hydroelectric and other things that the US has outlawed.

But that figure also includes China's coal, petroleum and other 'clean up' and other investments into industry to just improve their emissions standards closer to ours (don't get me started). And no one in the Progressive media is giving any petroleum companies any credit for what they are spending.

8 figures is the typical level of investment these days for any of the household name petroleum companies. You never hear that in the Progressive media, but open up any energy industry magazine and you'll learn a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT