ADVERTISEMENT

The US isn't overcounting Covid 19 deaths it's possibly undercounting.

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
Chud disclaimer: before you go into "I don't like this, must search for reason to disprove this" mode. Realize that this is just data and it's concrete, its based on the total number of people who have died. There is no middle ground either they are dead or they ain't.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/28/us/coronavirus-death-toll-total.html

Total aggregate death numbers in some of America's hardest hit areas show an extreme increase in deaths for April.

In some cases way more people are dying than are even reported from Covid deaths.

This is independent from cause of death and compared to a baseline of the last several years aggregate deaths.

In total for 7 states in 1 month there were 9000 additional deaths that are over the average deaths + reported Corona virus deaths.

It would be hard to explain 9000 extra deaths in a month from just a handful of states but it's even harder if you believe the often repeated lie that the Covid 19 deaths are over reported. That would take that 9000 and make it 15000 or 20000 deaths of natural causes o we the average. The math just doesn't work.

Actually it says in the technical notes there is a 1-2 week lag. 2 weeks ago (April 18) the US had 37k reported according to Johns Hopkins.
I used to smoke pot with Johnny Hopkins. It was me, Johnny, and Sloan Kettering and we would blaze that shit up

We should start seeing a massive spike in covid cases in Georgia based on the fear mongering. Soon we should start seeing a massive spike in Florida too based on the media fear.
I’m not sure why you would expect a spike based on media fear. But if more people are getting exposure to the virus more people will probably start to get infected and it could spread faster. But it wouldn’t be evident in under a weeks time.

Funny enough, there actually was a spike in cases in Georgia after their reopening. Though I don’t think it was related to the opening. More likely some community spread after Easter gatherings.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronav...0200501-taupn6s2wndfbcrkkmjoje3yzy-story.html

https://www.theblaze.com/news/deborah-birx-cdc-trust

Obviously just another conspiracy theory. Birx should be censored on YouTube
What is the CDC official case count and mortality rate? Hard to tell if she is off base here without knowing what those are. Generally (at least with influenza), the CDC doesn’t give exact numbers, but rather bounding ranges for things like case count, deaths, hospitalizations, etc. This thread is about death count which isn’t mentioned, presumably because it’s easier to track deaths than cases since the person died. Cool article though.

Guys. The fact that the leader of the free word who thinks vaccines cause autism and Obama is a Kenyan Muslim hasn’t stated that the death count is inflated probably indicates that it is actually low. If he came out saying deaths were being inflated, that would be a good indication that we are probably close to accurately capturing the number.

Last edited:
What is the CDC official case count and mortality rate? Hard to tell if she is off base here without knowing what those are. Generally (at least with influenza), the CDC doesn’t give exact numbers, but rather bounding ranges for things like case count, deaths, hospitalizations, etc. This thread is about death count which isn’t mentioned, presumably because it’s easier to track deaths than cases since the person died. Cool article though.
We don't know the mortality rate yet, which is kind of the point. The OP claims that more people are dying than normal so covid must be responsible for it, but we have no idea yet on what effects the response has had on death toll. If we just go by the WHO projections of 3.4% CFR, new york is over double that, new jersey is almost double, Massachusetts is outpacing it by 80%, Michigan by 45%. That doesnt stand to reason.

We don't know the mortality rate yet, which is kind of the point. The OP claims that more people are dying than normal so covid must be responsible for it, but we have no idea yet on what effects the response has had on death toll. If we just go by the WHO projections of 3.4% CFR, new york is over double that, new jersey is almost double, Massachusetts is outpacing it by 80%, Michigan by 45%. That doesnt stand to reason.
The point of what? You posted an article that said Birx though the CDC mortality rate was high. What are the CDC saying it is?

The OP is about a rise in total deaths. It's not about any classification. Its just how many people died of all causes year over year.

Spoiler: it's way the **** up from normal. More than even is being attributed to Covid.

The OP is about a rise in total deaths. It's not about any classification. Its just how many people died of all causes year over year.

Spoiler: it's way the **** up from normal. More than even is being attributed to Covid.
Hey, member that time you believed that a black guy got attacked by 2 racist guys that yelled something about MAGA country and poured bleach on him?

Maybe you shouldn't believe what your preferred media outlets tell you to believe. Fool you once: no big deal. Fool you over and over and over again: you're a dumbass.

NBD though, bust out your trombone and remind yourself of a time that you over-acheived. Grandma still kinda loves you.

@Crazyhole
Wait are you going back to the well from 2 years ago as the last time I was wrong about a topic and believed the media's incorrect reporting?

I wonder how far I have to go back to find your last debunked crackpot theory. How about HQC being the "cure," How about Covid 19 is not as bad as the flu, how about this will be over in 2 months, how about injecting disinfectant, how about 100,000 American deaths being "insane," how about flat earth, or vaccines cause autism, your posts are a stream of falsehoods that get proven wrong like every week.

But please, tell me more about that one time I was wrong.

@Crazyhole
Wait are you going back to the well from 2 years ago as the last time I was wrong about a topic and believed the media's incorrect reporting?

I wonder how far I have to go back to find your last debunked crackpot theory. How about HQC being the "cure," How about Covid 19 is not as bad as the flu, how about this will be over in 2 months, how about injecting disinfectant, how about 100,000 American deaths being "insane," how about flat earth, or vaccines cause autism, your posts are a stream of falsehoods that get proven wrong like every week.

Lol, boy I really struck a nerve by bringing up your childhood, didn't I.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Lol, boy I really struck a nerve by bringing up your childhood, didn't I.
Yes, now that you've brought up an imagined rough childhood (which I didn't have, I've been open about my advantages in life compared to others and how insane it is to take 100% credit for ones own success.) I now have become intolerant towards your crackpot conspiracy theories and pseudoscience bullshit. I never made fun of that stuff before yesterday but you made me do it when you uncovered my poor difficult childhood struggle.

Yes, now that you've brought up an imagined rough childhood (which I didn't have, I've been open about my advantages in life compared to others and how insane it is to take 100% credit for ones own success.) I now have become intolerant towards your crackpot conspiracy theories and pseudoscience bullshit. I never made fun of that stuff before yesterday but you made me do it when you uncovered my poor difficult childhood struggle.

Holy crap, I actually nailed that diagnosis! Lmao, but sorry dude. That had to suck.

I can only hope the joy brought by your imagination of my non-existent struggles fill the void of your obvious projection.
I was pretty sure I had you pegged. Now I'm certain. Only narcissists that grew up in broken homes use the term "projection". Let me guess: at least 3 therapists between the ages of 14 and 30? The first two were women but you didn't respect them so it caused more damage than you started with. Then you voluntarily started seeing a male therapist after college that you respected because he represented the father you never had so you had a breakthrough.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I was pretty sure I had you pegged. Now I'm certain. Only narcissists that grew up in broken homes use the term "projection". Let me guess: at least 3 therapists between the ages of 14 and 30? The first two were women but you didn't respect them so it caused more damage than you started with. Then you voluntarily started seeing a male therapist after college that you respected because he represented the father you never had so you had a breakthrough.
I'm Irish bud, we don't do therapy. We bottle our emotions until we die or have a nervous breakdown.

Reactions: Crazyhole
@Crazyhole

I have to go back to this nonsense. Almost everything you attributed to me never was said, but one topic is kind of fun to discuss: flat earth.

No, I'm not a flat-earther and pointed that out in very clear terms. The theory does bring up some fun topics to discuss though, and i think the one that I mentioned was the Nile river. Put on your thinking cap and explain this: there is a 1000 mile long section of the Nile river that drops just under 1 foot in elevation. Water needs 8" per mile to flow due to surface friction. So how is that possible? There must be an explanation but I have no idea what it is.

I have to go back to this nonsense. Almost everything you attributed to me never was said, but one topic is kind of fun to discuss: flat earth.

No, I'm not a flat-earther and pointed that out in very clear terms. The theory does bring up some fun topics to discuss though, and i think the one that I mentioned was the Nile river. Put on your thinking cap and explain this: there is a 1000 mile long section of the Nile river that drops just under 1 foot in elevation. Water needs 8" per mile to flow due to surface friction. So how is that possible? There must be an explanation but I have no idea what it is.
Water flows from higher elevation with respect to sea level to lower elevation with respect to sea level due to the earths gravitational pull. There is no section in the Nile River where water flows from a lower elevation to a higher elevation with respect to sea level.

Water flows from higher elevation with respect to sea level to lower elevation with respect to sea level due to the earths gravitational pull. There is no section in the Nile River where water flows from a lower elevation to a higher elevation with respect to sea level.
Well obviously it doesn't flow uphill, there's only one place on earth that happens. Its the 11.8 inches of drop over almost 1000 miles that seems to defy physics. Obviously it works, it just doesn't make sense why it does. This isnt a curvature of the earth/line of sight BS thing, its just weird.

"I'm not a flat earther but how else can you explain the Nile river HMMMMMMM?!"

@Crazyhole, 2020 (not a flat earther)
Lol. Did grandma not answer your phonecall earlier? You seem mad.

Its OK to think and discover instead of just ignore and rely on blind faith. Guys like you never would have believed the earth is round 6,000 years ago because you were told it isn't.

Lol. Did grandma not answer your phonecall earlier? You seem mad.

Its OK to think and discover instead of just ignore and rely on blind faith. Guys like you never would have believed the earth is round 6,000 years ago because you were told it isn't.

Here's the thing about chuds and conspiracy theories and "doing your own research"

You can always find someone to agree with you on any topic on the internet. If you Google the question you want answered you will find the answer you are looking for because Google is designed to give you what you want. Facebook is designed to give you what you want.

I have so many friends on Facebook who urge everyone to "do your own research" only to have them post something that is just an obvious reaffirmation of their existing opinions. That's not doing your own research, that's finding a way to not have your preexisting views challenged. I do not need to do my own research on if the earth is flat. I don't need to develop my own hypothesis on germ theory and I don't need to rediscover hundreds of years of disease research in order to form an opinion.

Internet Chuds are by their very nature not smart. They look for ways to flip that fact on its head by having their mind blown by dumb logical fallacy arguments and then then huddling up into little chud communities and talking about how everyone else is dumb and doesn't understand their facts.

No, we get it, it's just that we can nearly instantly identify the fallacy and we move on.

There has always been idiots it's just that before the internet they knew they were idiots. Now no one realizes they are the dumb person anymore because they all huddle up and post simple memes that trigger a small dopamine release and it makes them feel smart. Chud like being smart. Chud very clever and libs so dumb. Not like chud. Chud smart.

Here's the thing about chuds and conspiracy theories and "doing your own research"

You can always find someone to agree with you on any topic on the internet. If you Google the question you want answered you will find the answer you are looking for because Google is designed to give you what you want. Facebook is designed to give you what you want.

I have so many friends on Facebook who urge everyone to "do your own research" only to have them post something that is just an obvious reaffirmation of their existing opinions. That's not doing your own research, that's finding a way to not have your preexisting views challenged. I do not need to do my own research on if the earth is flat. I don't need to develop my own hypothesis on germ theory and I don't need to rediscover hundreds of years of disease research in order to form an opinion.

Internet Chuds are by their very nature not smart. They look for ways to flip that fact on its head by having their mind blown by dumb logical fallacy arguments and then then huddling up into little chud communities and talking about how everyone else is dumb and doesn't understand their facts.

No, we get it, it's just that we can nearly instantly identify the fallacy and we move on.

There has always been idiots it's just that before the internet they knew they were idiots. Now no one realizes they are the dumb person anymore because they all huddle up and post simple memes that trigger a small dopamine release and it makes them feel smart. Chud like being smart. Chud very clever and libs so dumb. Not like chud. Chud smart.
There's truth to that but you're still deflecting. Believing what you were taught in high school makes you comfortable, but comfortable leads to apathy. If you don't challenge your own beliefs then what good are they?

There's truth to that but you're still deflecting. Believing what you were taught in high school makes you comfortable, but comfortable leads to apathy. If you don't challenge your own beliefs then what good are they?
Believing what you were taught is the basis of all human advancement since the invention of farming. We don't need to redo the research. We stand on the shoulders of prior generations we don't need to recertify basic fundamentals of science because a segment of the population is too untrusting and stupid to grasp the concepts. If it were true that the earth was actually flat people smarter than you would be able to show it quite easily. It would be a big ****ing deal when they proved the earth was flat and it would make them Galileo level famous forever. That would be enough incentive for someone smarter than us to prove it. They don't, because it can't be proven because it's nonsense.

This idea that you must recertify all science is a political tool from people who benefit when science is disregarded they found that enough of the population is dumb enough that they can just feed them any bullshit they want.

I know if feels rebellious to be a conspiracy theory nut job but in all actuality by assuming everything proven is actually a lie, you are only enabling your government to actually lie about the truth. Your own skepticism is being used to make you accept the lies they want to tell you.

Believing what you were taught is the basis of all human advancement since the invention of farming. We don't need to redo the research. We stand on the shoulders of prior generations we don't need to recertify basic fundamentals of science because a segment of the population is too untrusting and stupid to grasp the concepts. If it were true that the earth was actually flat people smarter than you would be able to show it quite easily. It would be a big ****ing deal when they proved the earth was flat and it would make them Galileo level famous forever. That would be enough incentive for someone smarter than us to prove it. They don't, because it can't be proven because it's nonsense.

This idea that you must recertify all science is a political tool from people who benefit when science is disregarded they found that enough of the population is dumb enough that they can just feed them any bullshit they want.

I know if feels rebellious to be a conspiracy theory nut job but in all actuality by assuming everything proven is actually a lie, you are only enabling your government to actually lie about the truth. Your own skepticism is being used to make you accept the lies they want to tell you.
What lies? Its not a matter of trying to prove something or another, its about not allowing yourself to become intellectually lazy. I already said that I don't believe the earth is flat, but there are critical thinking questions that can be brought about from not dismissing it out of hand. To not question your own beliefs is the epitome of arrogance and the worst form of ignorance. This goes beyond science and into spirituality as well. If you only believe what you were taught as a child then you're spiritually dead, so what is the point of that belief? I know you claim to be a Christian but I have a feeling that you're the kind of Christian that doesn't like to think about it. Just remember what you were told in confirmation class when you were 13 and thats the end of the story. There's no growth in that approach. Same with science. If you dont explore and challenge yourself then you may as well be a robot, programmed to know only what you have been told.

To not question your own beliefs is the epitome of arrogance and the worst form of ignorance. This goes beyond science and into spirituality as well. If you only believe what you were taught as a child then you're spiritually dead, so what is the point of that belief? I know you claim to be a Christian but I have a feeling that you're the kind of Christian that doesn't like to think about it. Just remember what you were told in confirmation class when you were 13 and thats the end of the story. There's no growth in that approach.
This from a Christian who believes Gay marriage is a sin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT