ADVERTISEMENT

The worst story you will ever read

Even the most liberal of us have to agree that this man should be put to death. I'm against the death penalty but would be more than happy to make an exception in this case.

This is where the white supremacists start to get vocal and people start considering their message. Talk about the absolute worst thing that could possibly happen in the midst of the BLM movement.

Anybody that thought that the riots were as bad as it can get better hold onto their socks.

In 2021, we'll be looking back at 2020 with fondness.

Well there are incredibly few right?
Currently, yeah. That can grow just like how anti-semitism grew in NAZI Germany. This is how a strongman steps forward in the midst of chaos where people want to return to normal and finds a villain to rally against. I'd say we are in a more precarious situation than the Germans were.

Currently, yeah. That can grow just like how anti-semitism grew in NAZI Germany. This is how a strongman steps forward in the midst of chaos where people want to return to normal and finds a villain to rally against. I'd say we are in a more precarious situation than the Germans were.
As American cities and coasts become more diverse in the next few decades, I think it will grow stronger in the midwest and mountain states.

This is where the white supremacists start to get vocal and people start considering their message. Talk about the absolute worst thing that could possibly happen in the midst of the BLM movement.
WTF? OF COURSE these stories are horrendous. We could start dozens of threads about horrible acts of violence.

But your decision to feature these two in a discussion thread while mentioning these cases are why people start listening to the message of White Supremacists is troublesome at best. What are you saying?

We all get that you love to troll other people on message boards but this -- IMHO -- crosses the line.

Reactions: shacket
As American cities and coasts become more diverse in the next few decades, I think it will grow stronger in the midwest and mountain states.
There's some yes and no in that. People see what's going on elsewhere and don't feel like it's their problem, so theres a level of dismissal involved. At the same time, when they see what's going on elsewhere, they don't want it to come to their community. I think the people that are in the midst of the most extreme circumstances probably have the most extreme response. That really doesn't translate to the Midwest and mountain states but there is definitely a protectionist feeling in general.

WTF? OF COURSE these stories are horrendous. We could start dozens of threads about horrible acts of violence.

But your decision to feature these two in a discussion thread while mentioning these cases are why people start listening to the message of White Supremacists is troublesome at best. What are you saying?

We all get that you love to troll other people on message boards but this -- IMHO -- crosses the line.
Holy crap. I'm pointing out the danger of the potential response and not trolling at all. I've already seen a few responses to these stories on another board from people that are pretty measured in their statements and they've taken a disturbingly reactionary view.

"I supported black lives matters but we've given them 150 years to get their shit together and we end up with a 5 year old getting shot in the face"

Thats a really scary sentiment.

"I supported black lives matters but we've given them 150 years to get their shit together and we end up with a 5 year old getting shot in the face"

Yes it is.

Has it dawned on you yet that this reaction was generated by your thread highlighting these stories?

Yes it is.

Has it dawned on you yet that this reaction was generated by your thread highlighting these stories?
I don't write the news. I'm talking about the reaction it gets and how it affects people's mindset. If the video of George Floyd had never been released, we wouldn't have had riots and millions of dollars worth of damage and more racial tension. Would that have been better?

I've already seen a few responses to these stories on another board from people that are pretty measured in their statements and they've taken a disturbingly reactionary view.

Did you push back?

Yeah death penalty is fine here. Let me ask a different question though.

Why is The Blaze reporting on this? They are a political site that reports right wing news. What is the cause for putting this specific story in front of their readers?

I bet you can guess.

Yes. I responded by posting a story about something that white people did a few years ago in Missouri and said this isnt race specific. I'll share it if you want me to, but you really don't want to read it.

Don't read it. Seriously, I wish I never did. Evil transcends race.

Yeah death penalty is fine here. Let me ask a different question though.

Why is The Blaze reporting on this? They are a political site that reports right wing news. What is the cause for putting this specific story in front of their readers?

I bet you can guess.
Clicks. The same reason any media site reports anything.

Out of sight out of mind? Would that be better? Sure we would be happier with the world in general but that assumes "ignorance is bliss" is the best strategy.

When will it become obvious to republicans that the goals of right wing media include promoting a racist world view. This story has no political connection and only exists so their readers can see black people committing evil crimes.

If its all about clicks find me other stories on The Blaze that include no political connection like this one.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Holy crap. I'm pointing out the danger of the potential response and not trolling at all. I've already seen a few responses to these stories on another board from people that are pretty measured in their statements and they've taken a disturbingly reactionary view.

A mentally deranged person of any color could have committed that crime. 150 years has nothing to do with the choices of this guy.

I like how Shook Chicken is far, far more disturbed and angered by The Blaze running this as a story, than he is by someone executing a 5 year old in their own yard while playing.

The Blaze posts basically 0 content that doesnt have a right wing political spin.

Yet here is a story about an evil black person and it makes the site.

There actually is a pretty obvious political goal here. To stoke racism and keep showing their readers all the bad things black people do. There are so many messed up stories but only the ones involving black people get covered on The Blaze. Thats not an accident.

Reactions: DaShuckster
I like how Shook Chicken is far, far more disturbed and angered by The Blaze running this as a story, than he is by someone executing a 5 year old in their own yard while playing.
I mean i said the death penalty was fine im not calling for the blaze editors to be put to death. But it should be pretty clear why the blaze is even covering this nonpolitical story. Only show chuds evil black people and they will believe all blacks are evil.

Why is The Blaze, a political blog, covering this?

A mentally deranged person of any color could have committed that crime. 150 years has nothing to do with the choices of this guy.
I agree unequivocally, but its becoming part of the thought process for people that you wouldn't expect it to come from. This is getting beyond things like me posting the word "negro" just to challenge a societal norm. We are starting to see really serious racial tension.

When will it become obvious to republicans that the goals of right wing media include promoting a racist world view. This story has no political connection and only exists so their readers can see black people committing evil crimes.

If its all about clicks find me other stories on The Blaze that include no political connection like this one.
The Republican Party has become a white grievance party. Whether it's blacks, Mexicans, Chinese, migrants from Central America, muslims the theme is the same. "They are here to take what you have away".

The Republican Party has become a white grievance party. Whether it's blacks, Mexicans, Chinese, migrants from Central America, muslims the theme is the same. "They are here to take what you have away".

"They are here to take what you have away".

And that sentiment doesn't apply to both parties?

Leave it to 85 to go this troll route. Yeah, only Blaze readers are disturbed and angered by the death of this 5 year old. 🙄

God forbid we ask the question why a political blog is reporting on this particular story?

Sorry if not participating in performative religiosity in the streets at the hands of BLM High Priests counts as "white grievance".

On the other hand, the modern Democratic Party is framed entirely around the premise of "Others have what you should have, you must resent them, and you are a victim"

Leave it to 85 to go this troll route. Yeah, only Blaze readers are disturbed and angered by the death of this 5 year old. 🙄

God forbid we ask the question why a political blog is reporting on this particular story?

That's not at all what I actually said but bravo for again misrepresenting something entirely.

I just found it odd that Shook Chicken reads that a man blew a 5 year olds' brains out, in his own yard, in front of his siblings and family, and his first reaction was to only produce any real emotion or concern around the fact that the link was from The Blaze. Especially when there are 2,000 news reports on this very story across the web.

You can tell a lot about a person based upon how they react to something and if they have their priorities straight. He clearly does not.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Sorry if not participating in performative religiosity in the streets at the hands of BLM High Priests counts as "white grievance".

On the other hand, the modern Democratic Party is framed entirely around the premise of "Others have what you should have, you must resent them, and you are a victim"
Outside the mainstream. I don't really see the grievance from the left leaning posters on this board.

his first reaction was to only produce any real emotion or concern around the fact that the link was from The Blaze.
My first reaction was to say the guy should get the death penalty. The exact same reactionas your fellow chuds knighttime and crazy. Read the first sentences posted in this thread from the three of us. They are essentially identical.

Your first sentence in this thread however is

Now, which one of us does this quote reflect on?

You can tell a lot about a person based upon how they react to something and if they have their priorities straight. He clearly does not.

Outside the mainstream. I don't really see the grievance from the left leaning posters on this board.

You mean the left leaning posters who have pushed conspiracy theories and insanity on this board about the President since 2016 since they emotionally couldn’t handle 2016?

Those people?

You mean the left leaning posters who have pushed conspiracy theories and insanity on this board about the President since 2016...?
LOL---Yeah, all of us left leaning posters who pushed all those hoaxes about Trump, including COVID-19.*

Reactions: shacket
LOL---Yeah, all of us left leaning posters who pushed all those hoaxes about Trump, including COVID-19.*

Remember when you presented that Covington kid as a racist based upon a lie and then refused to back down?

Remember when you presented that Covington kid as a racist based upon a lie and then refused to back down?
A lie? I have irrefutable visual evidence. :)
Talking-Bull-(Nathan-Phillips)-sm.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT