ADVERTISEMENT

The XFL comes to Orlando: Meet Guardians LB Terrance Plummer

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
In 2023, the XFL will relaunch featuring 8 teams, including the Orlando Guardians. Recently Trace Trylko from the Sons of UCF spoke with Guardians linebacker, and former UCF Knights great, Terrance Plummer about the launch of the new season. In his four year career with UCF, Plummer was an all-conference player and the 2013 Fiesta Bowl defensive MVP.

Click here to watch.

Reactions: FoxKnight
over/under for the league folding before postseason?

people love football but the break from games is nice. seems like overkill w lower quality play

people love football but the break from games is nice. seems like overkill w lower quality play
And like isn't there the USFL? Which one is better?

But yeah, I'm totally checked out with football after the Superbowl. And it's not like we don't have European football (soccer), MLS, and the NBA to watch during the spring/summer.

Reactions: Poolside Knight

All depends on the financing, so who knows. It's a niche.

And like isn't there the USFL? Which one is better?

But yeah, I'm totally checked out with football after the Superbowl. And it's not like we don't have European football (soccer), MLS, and the NBA to watch during the spring/summer.
XFL next weekend then the USFL is in a month or 2 I think. Guess there is enough day tv inventory on Saturdays to do it but I can’t get into it.

a little slow this month but we got Champions League soccer, NHL & NBA back end stretch till the Playoffs, March Madness , some big boxing & ufc fights where it isn’t a bad sports period through around late June.

Last edited:
I’m just going to watch UFC every Saturday and College Basketball as it winds into post season. I can’t do NBA until playoffs. 82 games is way too many.

He's going to have to puke a little into his own mouth every time he puts their uniform on. In fact, I couldn't even bring myself to go to a game just because of the uniforms. I actually liked the Orlando Rage. Went to several games. Choice of uniform is epic franchise marketing FAIL. They have no idea how much money they are passing on just by using that color scheme, and I'm sure they could use every dollar they can get. How can marketing/corporate people not be fired for this...it's your job to know the market you are in.

Last edited:
Especially when almost every night guys are taking a "rest day".
That’s added as well. Just shows it’s too many games. If you don’t feel it’s a must win and you sit out it’s time to reduce the games. Of course that dips into owners pockets so it won’t happen. NBA is terrible. It’s not basketball.

That’s added as well. Just shows it’s too many games. If you don’t feel it’s a must win and you sit out it’s time to reduce the games. Of course that dips into owners pockets so it won’t happen. NBA is terrible. It’s not basketball.
still better than MLB but yes the load management is a problem. One way to help is to no longer schedule back 2 backs

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Exact opposite. You don't reduce the games or keep adding in extra teams to the playoffs to appease players and lazy fans. You change the criteria for making the playoffs and make it harder, but incentivize it. Players will rise-up to the bar of it is set high. If it is set low, the product suffers, and being lazy is human nature so why wouldn't players want to play less and earn as much, or more. That is human nature for most. Like previous poster indicated, additionally schedule things better, even if it means the season is 1-2 weeks longer. Nobody is going to care because that wouldn't overlap with anything it already isn't overlapping with.

Maybe instead of their dumb idea to have a "play in" tourney for the last two seeds, they should get rid of the last two seeds that make the playoffs and incentivize players in their contracts to make the playoffs. Problem is that means changing the way contracts are structured and the players aren't going to go for that. They are almost all on guarantied contracts and already are mostly all overpaid. I'm not knocking players getting what they can get but it is obvious that players are overpaid when teams are trading 6,7, and even 8 players/picks in trades just to unload "dead weight" in cap space...why, because they exorbitantly overpaid players and can't do anything about it afterwards.

Right now the 450th best player in the league is cracking the million/yr mark. They average 3 pts/gm and 2 rbs/gm. Player 250 earns 4.3 million/yr and they average 3 pts/gm and 1.5 rbds/gm. Player #143 cracks the 10 million/yr mark. They average 13 pts/gam and 3 rbds/gm. In other words, most of these players are bench scrubs and they are getting paid enormous salaries.

I get it. It's tough decisions. The league obviously makes money playing the extra games or they wouldn't do it. If players sitting out was hurting revenue they'd probably try to do something about it. Problem is there is too much money. They cater to the players because they are paid too much. The sport suffers in the end.

MJ, who at ages 32-34 played all 82 games three seasons in a row, en route to three titles didn't have a problem with playing every night. I'm sure he took it as a challenge. Even at 39 and playing for the Washington Bullets he played in all 82 games (started 67) in his last season. I personally find the NBA product, along with the NFL, in decline. Everyone touts offenses but really, nobody is allowed to aggressively defend, and if they do they get flagged. I think Tom Brady sums it up pretty well:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT