ADVERTISEMENT

The year was 2001, the last time Nobraska was nationally relevant.

firm_bizzle

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2008
And had less than 3 losses.

This was the top movie.

lord-of-the-rings-tv-show.jpg

I used to download a bunch of songs at a time and run home from work to see how many had downloaded. I think it took an hour a song with how many I had in queu. Movies took whole days.

2001 I had no grand kids, and did have sex regularly. had a 25 inch tv that weighed 65 lbs rather than a sixty five inch that weighs 25lbs. People were smart, and most phones were still dumb. The only chords I had cut were when kids were born,
or was simplifying music.

Reactions: UCFhonors
To be fair, they have been ranked in the AP Top 25 6 times since then (the highest being 8th). The last time was 2012. To contrast, UCF has been ranked in the AP Top 25 3 times since 2001 (the highest being 7th). Nebraska has been going through a rough patch while UCF had probably their best year ever this past year. Both teams are currently facing a ton of uncertainty. That's what makes college football so much fun!

Haha I can't wait till your nobody squad gets beat back down to earth so your fan base can stop thumping your chest.

UCF is not even a blip on the CFB radar, where Nebraska is the #4 winningest program all time!

Keep thumping your chest now cuz it won't last haha.

Haha I can't wait till your nobody squad gets beat back down to earth so your fan base can stop thumping your chest.

UCF is not even a blip on the CFB radar, where Nebraska is the #4 winningest program all time!

Thanks for the history lesson about Nobraska
If I ever need a class in history, I’ll look up a Nobraska fan and blow off any Harvard professor

Rather be thumping my chest at 13-0 and a potential 10-12 win season then a 4-8- 2017 season, presently 0-0 and staring at a minimum of 5 loses in 2018

The truth hurts son. Nice of you to show up and express your pathetic envy and jealousy

We are all very flattered

To be fair, they have been ranked in the AP Top 25 6 times since then (the highest being 8th). The last time was 2012. To contrast, UCF has been ranked in the AP Top 25 3 times since 2001 (the highest being 7th). Nebraska has been going through a rough patch while UCF had probably their best year ever this past year. Both teams are currently facing a ton of uncertainty. That's what makes college football so much fun!
The 8 ranking was in 2001. They have 14 straight seasons with at least 4 losses and haven’t won their conference in 20 years. You can be ranked in the AP with 4 or 5 losses if you are in the right conference and are accruing the coveted “quality losses”. Doesn’t mean they were relevant.

cavil-bsg.jpg

The 8 ranking was in 2001. They have 14 straight seasons with at least 4 losses and haven’t won their conference in 20 years. You can be ranked in the AP with 4 or 5 losses if you are in the right conference and are accruing the coveted “quality losses”. Doesn’t mean they were relevant.

I guess it depends on your definition of relevant. I think being considered one of the top 25 teams in the nation as being relevant. How would you define it?

Reactions: NU_FTW

Congrats on accruing a bunch of wins that now deceased people saw back when there were only a few teams. I’m sure that takes the sting out of not winning your conference in the past 20 years.

Reactions: JAFFX2
I guess it depends on your definition of relevant. I think being considered one of the top 25 teams in the nation as being relevant. How would you define it?
Winning the conference you are in, major bowl wins, undefeated seasons, etc. etc.

Reactions: Mikesi

UCF is more than a blip on the CFB radar. They are an up and coming program that is doing a very good job of building a foundation that should last a long time. Will they be able to recreate the amazing success they had this year? Not likely. Will they be in a position to win their conference again? Probably. Continued success over a long period of time is what defines a program. Not an undefeated year or a winless year. UCF is headed in the right direction. Their AD is playing the long game and is setting this up nicely. Nebraska, like UF, has suffered with extremely poor coaching for almost a decade and has struggled to put a solid product on the field. It looks like that might be changing soon for both programs. But where we stand, right now, is that UCF is the better program.

Reactions: Sinomatic

LOL (also coined far after the fall of Duh-braska)....what a whiny little pussy

Winning the conference you are in, major bowl wins, undefeated seasons, etc. etc.

Be careful. That would mean UCF has only been relevant a few times in its history (which I don't think is the case). It would also mean you beat an irrelevant team in your last bowl game.

Yet another corn hole troll without the bawls to post under his real account.....

:boxing:

Last edited:

Of ALL time...........(prior to this millennia)

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT