ADVERTISEMENT

This conference

Endeavor.

Golden Knight
Gold Member
May 6, 2019
Has quality primetime games, true competition and dynamic offenses. The ranked teams in our conference always put on a show and games like last night really showcase how separate we are from the rest of the G5.

We've had so many high level games in recent memory that I expected nothing less from SMU/Memphis. The Pow6r moniker isn't that far off from the truth, remove Clemson from the ACC and we are out performing that conference by a mile (no offense to the few decent Pitt fans on this board).

The top 4 teams in this conference would give that team over in Idaho the business.
Potential P5 invites aside, I'm really getting comfortable with how good the AAC is shaping out to be.

Last edited:
Has quality primetime games, true competition and dynamic offenses. The ranked teams in our conference always put on a show and games like last night really showcase how separate we are from the rest of the G5.

We've had so many high level games in recent memory that I expected nothing less from SMU/Memphis. The Pow6r moniker isn't that far off from the truth, remove Clemson from the ACC and we are out performing that conference by a mile (no offense to the few decent Pitt fans on this board).

The top 4 teams in this conference would give that team over in Idaho the business.
Potential P5 invites aside, I'm really getting comfortable with how good the AAC is shaping out to be.
Probably not exactly true given we lost to Pitt and Pitt isn’t a great ACC team.

Reactions: bluechip12
Probably not exactly true given we lost to Pitt and Pitt isn’t a great ACC team.
anyone with eyes could see that we had multiple opportunities to kick field goals in that game and close it out. We handed them that victory.

But if a one point trick play win is your standard for the ACC then theres nothing I can say to convince you otherwise. FSU's one point win over LA-Monroe must really scream dominance.

This year the ACC is 3-1 against AAC. No wins by Clemson.

This year the ACC is 3-1 against AAC. No wins by Clemson.
they also lose a lot, we might drop a game but they drop 2-4 games, which is why the top of our conference has had more consistently ranked teams than the ACC.

AAC seems deeper this season but missing a top dog. SMU wasn't it. Need a strong UCF to carry the banner.
we already knew SMU wasn't it, they have creative play calling though, coach got them in the right direction.
Memphis is tough hard nose football so I can see them making and winning the CCG if things don't shake out in our favor.
But I have yet to see anyone in the conference be able to run up the score at will the way UCF does when all things are clicking.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Houston and UCF are the only 2 Programs to play with the big boys & beat them. Everyone else embarrasses themselves come Bowl time

And things go in cycles, league could be CUSA tier next year while the Pac12 and ACC rebound while still having way larger TV Deals

they also lose a lot, we might drop a game but they drop 2-4 games, which is why the top of our conference has had more consistently ranked teams than the ACC.
I’m pretty sure all of our teams will have at least 2 losses this year. Everyone has at least one with 4 or 5 games to go.

Yes they say it’s Clemson and a bunch of nobodies. Then say Pitt is a great win after saying only teams with 1 or fewer losses are good.
take Clemson out and who is in the run for the playoffs? Who is the powerhouse from the ACC? At that point they are matching more up with the AAC than the SEC

anyone with eyes could see that we had multiple opportunities to kick field goals in that game and close it out. We handed them that victory.

But if a one point trick play win is your standard for the ACC then theres nothing I can say to convince you otherwise. FSU's one point win over LA-Monroe must really scream dominance.
Just his typical contrarian comment.

we already knew SMU wasn't it, they have creative play calling though, coach got them in the right direction.
Memphis is tough hard nose football so I can see them making and winning the CCG if things don't shake out in our favor.
But I have yet to see anyone in the conference be able to run up the score at will the way UCF does when all things are clicking.
Take a look at the Memphis final scores this season.

Take a look at the Memphis final scores this season.
Very high, they are comparable to ours but we always stop playing at halftime. Many of our games looked like they could crack 90 points if we scored at the same rate but we always turn it down in the second half.

Very high, they are comparable to ours but we always stop playing at halftime. Many of our games looked like they could crack 90 points if we scored at the same rate but we always turn it down in the second half.
Not the last 2 games.

Any chance the offensive coordinator for USF could have his offense finally being a viable threat to us?

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT