ADVERTISEMENT

This is America

Why is Donald Glover from cast of Community shooting members of a choir in a video and what does he have again wearing shirts?

Last edited:
Preachy and overly obvious video with formulaic music. Most important it lacks twerking women. I like Donald Glover, though.

Reactions: Knight_Light
So I'm sure I'll be called a racist again but it seems he's calling out black people for "chasing the money" and claiming to be victims instead of just getting ok grades in high school and going to college on tons of scholarships. Again I'm just a racist Catholic privileged straight white redneck living in a trailer.

I love it. As a song and the video.

I don’t think you’re completely wrong, Bob. I think he’s highlighting a myriad of issues within his community.

The juxtaposition of the cheery choir chorus and the deep, powerful verses is interesting.

Meh. Not a fan of performance art.
Well, then you can still like that video. It's not art as much as pablum. If you buy your house decorations from Target, then you'll love this video. It's not quite bud light, it's more like the blue moon of Art.

Well, then you can still like that video. It's not art as much as pablum. If you buy your house decorations from Target, then you'll love this video. It's not quite bud light, it's more like the blue moon of Art.

I watched it. The singer was kind of entertaining, but not much to listen to. I don't know if it was trying to be ironic or making a statement. Who is this guy?

Great dancing. No idea what was said 90% of the time. Guns and police. Something about smoking weed.

Meh. That kid has really morphed from playing that character on Community though.

I think all of it is great. The music and the video. Props to him for being on camera without his shirt on and without being 4% body fat.

I think all of it is great. The music and the video. Props to him for being on camera without his shirt on and without being 4% body fat.

Dad bod is still in. In all honestly though, his body is perfectly, 100% fine. Women having this expectation to be perfect is what is usually talked about but it most definitely exists for men too. Probably a bit more in gay culture too.

Dad bod is still in.
giphy.gif

I watched it. The singer was kind of entertaining, but not much to listen to. I don't know if it was trying to be ironic or making a statement. Who is this guy?
Its Donald Glover, he wrote for 30 Rock, then starred on Community, created ATL and is playing Lando.

He is super talented and a bright guy. His politics don't bother me, I just think the video is an underwhelming attempt at being clever. It's basically the Twitter of rap videos.

I’ve listened to both twice now and it seems like Glover really “borrowed” quite a few aspects of the song but changed enough to keep you guessing. It’s realllllly similar

The original artist seems convinced too even though he just wanted a shout out

It’s interesting tho that many Reddit people don’t actually hear any similarities?

listened to both just a little bit. they are definitely similar but i dont know if its a direct rip off. im no expert, so i will defer to our resident plagiarist.

ADVERTISEMENT