ADVERTISEMENT

This is Thomas Castellano's team now

Agreed on TC for bowl game start. Even if JRP is returning next year.

Big12, we gonna need a really good Qb1 next year with experience. Watching the Big12 championship game yesterday and both TCU and K-State had great Qbs. Especially TCU. That qb willed their team at the end.

Is a redshirt really worth anything anymore? Between the opening up of the transfer portal, NIL money and players leaving early for the NFL, what's the point? It just seem oxymoronic, if a player is really good enough for that extra year of play to be worth something, they'll go do it where they'll make the most money.

Reactions: tjb74
"Is a redshirt really worth anything anymore? "

Good question. in 3 years let's bump up this thread and see the results and where both Thomas Castellanos and Mikey Keene are on their career path. That will determine if the redshirting fiasco was worth it or not.

See ya'll in the year 2025 with the findings. :p (Hi future me). :p

Reactions: ReturnOf
I missed a good chunk of the game where TC played. Is the consensus he played ok but running for his life every snap?

I missed a good chunk of the game where TC played. Is the consensus he played ok but running for his life every snap?
I didn’t see much difference from his limited snaps earlier this season. chooses to run almost every play. I seriously think McClain may challenge him

Reactions: FoxKnight
I know he was thrown to the wolves, but I was still disappointed at how terrible Castellanos looked. There were some protection issues, but he was otherwise wildly inaccurate and completely panicked out there. That’s concerning given the high praise he has received.

Tulane's defense really stacked the box and blitzed on every down. A freshman thrown to the wolves. We really needed an experience Qb to win that game last night. TC probably will learn and get better though. It was a tough spot to be in.

Who knows. I hope we get a top notch experience Qb in the portal. Gonna need one, or two.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
I know he was thrown to the wolves, but I was still disappointed at how terrible Castellanos looked. There were some protection issues, but he was otherwise wildly inaccurate and completely panicked out there. That’s concerning given the high praise he has received.
compare that to how QB #4 in August looked at Cow U. Calm, composed. Jeff Scott might have been a dumpster fire but he recruited a very impressive QB room.

Reactions: FoxKnight
compare that to how QB #4 in August looked at Cow U. Calm, composed. Jeff Scott might have been a dumpster fire but he recruited a very impressive QB room.

Brown took a couple late hits and faced a 28-0 deficit to a ranked rival and the only reason he didn't complete the comeback was because his staff took the ball away from him in the final drive. Impressive for a 4th stringer playing under a makeshift coaching staff.

Imagine giving your true freshmen QB high percentage plays and easy presnap reads. Novel concept. By the way it will be JRP next year. He didn’t walk on senior night.

If he wins the job next year while taking spring off for baseball, QB recruiting is in trouble.

frosh with little time, game moves million miles per hour. Put in playing time and the game slows down.

Agreed on TC for bowl game start. Even if JRP is returning next year.

Big12, we gonna need a really good Qb1 next year with experience. Watching the Big12 championship game yesterday and both TCU and K-State had great Qbs. Especially TCU. That qb willed their team at the end.
K State guy was backup. Martinez is starter but has been hurt. We can’t find 1 and they have 2.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I didn’t see much difference from his limited snaps earlier this season. chooses to run almost every play. I seriously think McClain may challenge him
So far I haven't been impressed, but Gus calls the plays so. . . . ?

So much for those who said Castellanos would be better than Keene immediately. Tommy looked lost out there and like the freshman he is. Didn’t help him that our OL didn’t block for him.

Tommy showed a strong arm, ability to be a great runner, and made some good passes this year. Like Keene, give him another year or two of experience and he’ll be reading defenses better and making better throws.

I’m excited about his future, but think it’ll be after JRP leaves next year. JRP had a fine season overall and I expect him to be an even better passer next year.

To be honest I still think its JRPs team unless TC clearly beats him out in camp. JRP wouldn't be coming back for a final year to ride the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT