ADVERTISEMENT

This should get interesting

Add Google to the list. An anti-trust lawsuit was just filed against them.

I wonder if Elizabeth Warren will side with the Republicans on this. She's been railing on this topic for months.
Maybe. This story will play out for years. The fact that Barr started it give Dems cover to continue it next year.

the irony being these are two of the platforms that push the "tRuMp PrOpAgAnDa MaChInE" narrative.

i hesitate to use the word "dangerous" mainly because it's meaning has been nearly destroyed with wild proclamations like "not showing your undying allegiance to BLM is dangerous". However, it does begin to become an appropriate term when you consider classic Orwellian literature was a warning of possible dangers we're seeing.

I don't have a problem with there being left-biased news sources like CNN and MSNBC. The right has Fox (though they are pretty damn close to center if you remove Tucker Carlson) and Breitbart. Personally, I think it's refreshing to escape the bubble every now again.

However, when you have an entire information retrieval technology that censors it's results in an attempt to dictate reality by gaslighting with available information, I think "dangerous" is an appropriate term. The information being disseminated isn't made to make people happy, it's made to evoke an emotional response of anger, but fed to you like a 5 year old having story time.

When you combine angry and stupid, you have dangerous results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT