ADVERTISEMENT

Those of you backing Trump?

Trigeek

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2001
How do you take the recent Bolton book and comments about him being incompetent and obstructing justice and still support him for re-election? Coupled with Mattis, John Kelly and a wealth of other tried and true republican players denouncing him how do you continue your support?

it’s a serious question. Where there is smoke...

Serious responses only please.

How do you take the recent Bolton book and comments about him being incompetent and obstructing justice and still support him for re-election? Coupled with Mattis, John Kelly and a wealth of other tried and true republican players denouncing him how do you continue your support?

They know hes shit, they are just backed into a corner and cant admit it because they're brainwashed that democrats are worse. They have more posts about breakfast food racist logos than they do about George Floyd.

They know hes shit, they are just backed into a corner and cant admit it ...
Yeah, you'd have to be pretty delusional to believe the country would ever reelect that moron. The real question is whether we can last another six months of this nonsense.

Trump will go down in history as the absolute worst U.S. President ever -- and with all due respect to the likes of Andrew Johnson and Herbert Hoover, it's not even close.

When it comes to the Trump Presidency, the big question that future generations of students will ponder and discuss in American classrooms across the country will be: How did this narcissistic idiot ever get elected in the first place?

Yeah, you'd have to be pretty delusional to believe the country would ever reelect that moron. The real question is whether we can last another six months of this nonsense.

Trump will go down in history as the absolute worst U.S. President ever -- and with all due respect to the likes of Andrew Johnson and Herbert Hoover, it's not even close.

When it comes to the Trump Presidency, the big question that future generations of students will ponder and discuss in American classrooms across the country will be: How did this narcissistic idiot ever get elected in the first place?
His damage isnt done when he leaves office. He will continue to try and undermine and divide the nation. When he was a private citizen he was a full time shit stirrer. He will be the single most damaging individual to America and the only blessing is that he is old as shit, unhealthy, and won't be around very much longer.

I ignore what he says and focus on what he does. His record hasn't been stellar, but its more good than bad.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I ignore what he says and focus on what he does. His record hasn't been stellar, but its more good than bad.
Please expand? The economy is a machine and I think he’s losing that advantage. One could argue how much he influences it as well as he’s only priming the economy to get re-elected at expense of the future. Have you looked at the deficit lately? Short term gain at long term expense.
Not really unusual for administrations to do this however.

So what has he done that you actually believe warrants reelection? Is our state of the union better now?

Seriously please address the question? With all these tried and true republicans saying he’s incompetent, how can you ignore that? What is it that you tell yourself that they are all luring and while they were true republicans 3.5 years ago they are not now?
Seriously interested and how you make that justication?

You believe he provided leadership that helped us make the best of a bad situation?
Damn straight, Trigeek!!! Way back on January 22, our President said: "We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It's going to be just fine."

Now THAT's what we call REAL LEADERSHIP, Baby!!!

#Trump 2020!*

Please expand? The economy is a machine and I think he’s losing that advantage. One could argue how much he influences it as well as he’s only priming the economy to get re-elected at expense of the future. Have you looked at the deficit lately? Short term gain at long term expense.
Not really unusual for administrations to do this however.

So what has he done that you actually believe warrants reelection? Is our state of the union better now?

The actions he took solely as an executive made the economy much healthier. The things that have been done that were legislative are where it gets a little bit fuzzy on whether they are good or bad. The FED is where the biggest problem lies, but what they are doing will essentially inflate us out of our public debt so that's a plus.

His foreign policy actions have been pretty stellar. He's been very restrained in that venue but the actions he's taken have made the US more safe than we were.

Seriously please address the question? With all these tried and true republicans saying he’s incompetent, how can you ignore that? What is it that you tell yourself that they are all luring and while they were true republicans 3.5 years ago they are not now?
Seriously interested and how you make that justication?

Im not a republican and have never liked Bolton. I like Mattis, but as I'm generally pretty libertarian I sided with Trump on their disagreement. Kelly? Don't care what he has to say.

Trump has been good on criminal justice reform to the limited extent that he's taken action, certainly better than his 3 predecessors.

The actions he took solely as an executive made the economy much healthier. The things that have been done that were legislative are where it gets a little bit fuzzy on whether they are good or bad. The FED is where the biggest problem lies, but what they are doing will essentially inflate us out of our public debt so that's a plus.

His foreign policy actions have been pretty stellar. He's been very restrained in that venue but the actions he's taken have made the US more safe than we were.
We can argue about his economic decisions, I don’t necessarily agree with you and the macro economy is typicality a lagging indicator. That is why the cycle of bad decisions are inherited by the next administration.

I think it’s interesting that you mention foreign policy when one of the biggest foreign policy Hacks (Bolton) has denounced him (severely, I might add).

Our farmers are struggling and I’ve not really seen a true win.
N Korea for all the bluster has proven to be a lot of smoke with no real movement. He does not have the support of the group of eight, In my opinion out maneuvered by China, Saudi Arabia, and has giving Russia win after win.

what exactly do you consider his good foreign policy?

Thanks

We can argue about his economic decisions, I don’t necessarily agree with you and the macro economy is typicality a lagging indicator. That is why the cycle of bad decisions are inherited by the next administration.

I think it’s interesting that you mention foreign policy when one of the biggest foreign policy Hacks (Bolton) has denounced him (severely, I might add).

N Korea for all the bluster has proven to be a lot of smoke with no real movement. He does not have the support of the group of eight, In my opinion out maneuvered by China, Saudi Arabia, and has giving Russia win after win.

Thanks
Im not a republican and have never liked Bolton. I like Mattis, but as I'm generally pretty libertarian I sided with Trump on their disagreement. Kelly? Don't care what he has to say.

Trump has been good on criminal justice reform to the limited extent that he's taken action, certainly better than his 3 predecessors.

Criminal justice? What exactly has he done? Considering the devide we are currently living with what successful program has he lead.
Please name an actual policy and not just a high level topic.

Has crime reduced? Drugs? Is he putting more people in jail or cages? Exactly what has he done that you like.
Interesting that you say you are a Libertarian. Every Libertarian that I know who really understands what it means will tell you they eventually align more with Liberal policy than conservatism.

Thanks

Bolton is a war-hawk. Any war, anywhere, any time, for any reason. I strongly dislike him. Trump has used diplomacy where it makes sense and used the military where it makes sense without escalating a bad situation. He directed the annihilation of ISIS and when that was accomplished he de-escalated. We easily could have had a full blown hot-war with Iran, but Trump didn't escalate and got his message across with a single bomb that killed 1 bad dude. He stopped being the police between Turkey and the Kurds and they came to an agreement which made all parties safer.

Criminal justice? What exactly has he done? Considering the devide we are currently living with what successful program has he lead.
Please name an actual policy and not just a high level topic.

Has crime reduced? Drugs? Is he putting more people in jail or cages? Exactly what has he done that you like.
Interesting that you say you are a Libertarian. Every Libertarian that I know who really understands what it means will tell you they eventually align more with Liberal policy than conservatism.

The First Step Act

Bolton is a war-hawk. Any war, anywhere, any time, for any reason. I strongly dislike him. Trump has used diplomacy where it makes sense and used the military where it makes sense without escalating a bad situation. He directed the annihilation of ISIS and when that was accomplished he de-escalated. We easily could have had a full blown hot-war with Iran, but Trump didn't escalate and got his message across with a single bomb that killed 1 bad dude. He stopped being the police between Turkey and the Kurds and they came to an agreement which made all parties safer.
Ok, while I could argue, much like past presidents (Dem and Rep) he set a stage and then sold a victory but sure.
So this provides you the rationale to vote for him? The offsets all the failures?

I still find it interesting that you claim to be a libertarian. All my libertarian friend are horrified by this administration? You are literally the first libertarian I’ve met that’s happy with him.

Ok, while I could argue, much like past presidents (Dem and Rep) he set a stage and then sold a victory but sure.
So this provides you the rationale to vote for him? The offsets all the failures?

I still find it interesting that you claim to be a libertarian. All my libertarian friend are horrified by this administration? You are literally the first libertarian I’ve met that’s happy with him.
I'm not going to vote for him, but at least we can try to be objective when analyzing his term. To me, yes he has done more good than bad. Some things are out of his control, like the spending bill and PPP.

The First Step Act
Hmmm A bipartisan bill that has been in the work for years and was blocked in 2016 by non other than Tom Cotton (R, Ark) and Senator Jeff Sessions (R, Ala).
Are you suggesting that Trump had anything to do with getting this legislation through. That’s a laughable reach at best.

Hmmm A bipartisan bill that has been in the work for years and was blocked in 2016 by non other than Tom Cotton (R, Ark)
So trump gets no credit for signing it, but he takes the blame for signing bills that have given us 6 trillion in debt?

Look at the people that Trump has pardoned and tell me that isnt a good thing.

Also, Cotton was correct in his objection. Victims should be notified if an offender is let out early. That shouldn't have been contentious

I'm not going to vote for him, but at least we can try to be objective when analyzing his term. To me, yes he has done more good than bad. Some things are out of his control, like the spending bill and PPP.

Ok I agree with that sentiment?

So trump gets no credit for signing it, but he takes the blame for signing bills that have given us 6 trillion in debt?

Look at the people that Trump has pardoned and tell me that isnt a good thing.
It’s sorta like taking credit for an infrastructure bill isn’t it? If that’s all he’s got that’s pretty weak. Not an expert on the pardons but some are head scratchers that are made to please his core? What would you say is a good pardon?
I will add that when asked what he’s done well and you come back with “Hey he pardoned some people “. I’d say in a grand scheme that’s pretty weak and I don’t care. How does that help us on the whole?

It’s sorta like taking credit for an infrastructure bill isn’t it? If that’s all he’s got that’s pretty weak. Not an expert on the pardons but some are head scratchers that are made to please his core? What would you say is a good pardon?
I will add that when asked what he’s done well and you come back with “Hey he pardoned some people “. I’d say in a grand scheme that’s pretty weak and I don’t care. How does that help us on the whole?
Honestly Crazy, you seem to be more level headed than some others on here. It will be interesting to see which way you go in November.
BTW. I agree with your position on Bolton but he is a GOP darling that is pulling the veil back.

One of his biggest accomplishments was lifting regulations that finally allowed the US to become energy independent. Its been talked about for decades, but we finally have a president that did what he could to make it happen. That's a pretty big deal.

Honestly Crazy, you seem to be more level headed than some others on here. It will be interesting to see which way you go in November.
BTW. I agree with your position on Bolton but he is a GOP darling that is pulling the veil back.

Like I said earlier, if we look at things objectively we can find a lot of things that Trump has done a good job with. Even liberals should be able to find things. It's the rhetoric and bias that prevents it. Not to pick on him specifically, but shuckster is really bad in this arena by making claims that Trump is the worst president ever and can't praise him for anything. Take out the Covid issue and almost every person in this country should be able to say "yes, my life actually is better than it was 4 years ago".

Reactions: DAiello18
Like I said earlier, if we look at things objectively we can find a lot of things that Trump has done a good job with. Even liberals should be able to find things. It's the rhetoric and bias that prevents it. Not to pick on him specifically, but shuckster is really bad in this arena by making claims that Trump is the worst president ever and can't praise him for anything. Take out the Covid issue and almost every person in this country should be able to say "yes, my life actually is better than it was 4 years ago".

I would agree with this. I hate the tweets and basically any words that are spoken but I don’t think the policies are bad. That being said, I think we have to look at everything unbiased and try to give credit where It is due which is hard for most. You have to 20% on each side that just won’t acknowledge anything but their party line. As a libertarian, I like some oh what he did, disagree with some of what he did but if you take the man out of the equation and just look at the actual policy and if you’re asking me if my life is better than It was 4 years ago the answer is yes.

but then again, that’s me. Everyone’s mileage will vary based on what qualifies their lives to improve based on the polices that get implemented.

One of his biggest accomplishments was lifting regulations that finally allowed the US to become energy independent. Its been talked about for decades, but we finally have a president that did what he could to make it happen. That's a pretty big deal.
Are you referring to the reduced regulation on coal? Or are you talking about allowing mountain top mining which allows residue mining to be dumped directly into streams and water supply. Coal is a dying industry. I have a vacation home in WVa, there are many who disagree with your global relaxing of regulation? Exactly what regulations are you referring too that you believe are beneficial?

So we're all better off today than we were four years ago?

No, that changed with the PANDEMIC. He didn't cause it, was the only one doing anything early to slow it, And I think it would be even worse had Hillary been in charge. First off we would not have had one of the best economies ever going into the shut down. Hillary would not have stopped flights from China, and the virus would have gotten started even worse than it did. That being said the economy is coming to life at 2x the speed experts predicted.

No, that changed with the PANDEMIC. He didn't cause it, was the only one doing anything early to slow it, And I think it would be even worse had Hillary been in charge. First off we would not have had one of the best economies ever going into the shut down. Hillary would not have stopped flights from China, and the virus would have gotten started even worse than it did. That being said the economy is coming to life at 2x the speed experts predicted.
Don't get too hyped about the economy just yet

Wow you have really bought in hook line and sinker!

Reactions: NinjaKnight

Imagine being this goddamn stupid.

Holy shit man.

I'm honestly impressed.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Poolside Knight

It may not be "support" for Trump. People may see what the left has become and have no other alternative--- other than not to vote at all.....

Reactions: Crazyhole
It may not be "support" for Trump. People may see what the left has become and have no other alternative--- other than not to vote at all.....
You believe what is going on now could be worse? Please explain? Bolton claims he is incompetent and only makes decisions based on his own fortune. How could it get worse?

You believe what is going on now could be worse? Please explain? Bolton claims he is incompetent and only makes decisions based on his own fortune. How could it get worse?

You bet it could be worse! A lot worse. Do I need to list all of the ideas that were mentioned in the Democratic Debates a few months ago? Nah But, basing anything on Bolton's claims .......... well.....

Reactions: Ucfmikes
ADVERTISEMENT