ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Brett Kavanugh now?

Husk in butt

Bronze Knight
Sep 23, 2018
Have your feelings changed now that he is a proud member of the supreme court? Curious...no trolling in this thread

1f441f477d2c93b968941c50c3cc9e0f_1024x1024.jpg

I think that as qualified as he is, there are many other conservative judges with less controversy who could have served in his place. I think that a truly innocent person would have pleaded with the FBI for an unbridled investigation no matter how long it could take to fully clear his reputation and name. I think the president did the country a disservice by doubling down on such a controversial candidate and further divided our country through his actions. But I am just one voter and the reality is that Kavanaugh now serves on the SC so I will continue to live my life. Come November I will express my opinions at the polls and engage with other voters to motivate them to do the same no matter what their opinion is.

Would we be less of a Brett fan if he like
I think that as qualified as he is, there are many other conservative judges with less controversy who could have served in his place. I think that a truly innocent person would have pleaded with the FBI for an unbridled investigation no matter how long it could take to fully clear his reputation and name. I think the president did the country a disservice by doubling down on such a controversial candidate and further divided our country through his actions. But I am just one voter and the reality is that Kavanaugh now serves on the SC so I will continue to live my life. Come November I will express my opinions at the polls and engage with other voters to motivate them to do the same no matter what their opinion is.

There would be a made up story for any supreme court nomination just like in Brett's case unfortunately.

There would be a made up story for any supreme court nomination just like in Brett's case unfortunately.

We could speculate that, but Gorsch didn't have this problem. We can argue the nuances of the situation but it is what it is. It's unfortunate that this country is as divided as it has become and my hope is that Kavanaugh actually is as impartial as he presented himself in the first hearings and not the second hearing or his swearing in ceremony. If he is as vengeful about retribution as he portrayed himself from his prepared written statement in the second hearing then I am not confident he will be as impartial as many conservatives believe him to be.

If only there was another supreme court nominee just before Brett, nominated by the same President, who went through confirmations without these "made up stories".

lmao at you guys

Last edited:
We could speculate that, but Gorsch didn't have this problem. We can argue the nuances of the situation but it is what it is. It's unfortunate that this country is as divided as it has become and my hope is that Kavanaugh actually is as impartial as he presented himself in the first hearings and not the second hearing or his swearing in ceremony. If he is as vengeful about retribution as he portrayed himself from his prepared written statement in the second hearing then I am not confident he will be as impartial as many conservatives believe him to be.
That's because Gorsuch came up quicker than they could mobilize and it didn't sway the posture of the court. Kavanaugh would've (has) set a very bad precedent.

Reactions: UCFWayne
That's because Gorsuch came up quicker than they could mobilize and it didn't sway the posture of the court. Kavanaugh would've (has) set a very bad precedent.

more conspiracy theories from the GOP. Anything to further your agenda, no matter how many facts contradict your stance.

Reactions: Poolside Knight

This is absolutely key. Any constitutional conservative nominated would have been smeared for that reason alone.

I think he’s an upstanding family man, father, judge, and American who fought back and beat one of the most disgusting left wing smear attacks in modern history.

He is supremely qualified beyond doubt. I hope to see him write a decision in my lifetime that decisively gives back as many rights as possible to unborn American children.

Reactions: fabknight
I honestly laugh out loud about this whole situation. Gorsuch replaced a very conservative justice, so what the hell? Not like it will change the makeup of the court to nominate a conservative. Then Kennedy retires, the swing vote. Replaced by someone that the right isnt exactly in love with, but it becomes a total circus. I am going to LMAO if Ginsburg retires and Trump nominates a successor because there is no way possible that he can find someone that is anywhere close to being as liberal as she is. It could be Thurgood Marshsall and the left will be in a tizzy.

Then you were not paying attention. This was always about stalling g u til after the midterms. No candidate that Trump nominated would be confirmed if the dems had the senate.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
Then you were not paying attention. This was always about stalling g u til after the midterms. No candidate that Trump nominated would be confirmed if the dems had the senate.

Lmao another example of why I love this board. Insane batshit crazy conspiracy theories spouted with 100% conviction. Insanely hilarious.

Democrats vowed to do ANYTHING to defeat whoever Trump picked. It didn’t matter. These people were out to destroy whoever it was.

Did you read all the way through the article or just stop at the filings?

Obviously stopped at the filings. All I see is a clickbait title followed by a bunch of fake news...

From the article:
The complaints do not pertain to any conduct in which Judge Kavanaugh engaged as a judge. The complaints seek investigations only of the public statements he has made as a nominee to the Supreme Court of the United States,” said Henderson

People familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity say the allegations had already been widely discussed in the Senate and in the public realm.

Obviously stopped at the filings. All I see is a clickbait title followed by a bunch of fake news...

From the article:
The complaints do not pertain to any conduct in which Judge Kavanaugh engaged as a judge. The complaints seek investigations only of the public statements he has made as a nominee to the Supreme Court of the United States,” said Henderson

People familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity say the allegations had already been widely discussed in the Senate and in the public realm.
That was a balanced article and an example of today’s good journalism. They had an attention grabbing headline, supported the headline in the first couple of paragraphs with the important stuff that tells the story, and then balanced it out with the context and substance (or lack thereof) 10 or so paragraphs down. Why are you such a conspiracy theorist to try to portray this as anything but good balanced journalism, unlike what they do at your favorite right wing sources? *

That was a balanced article and an example of today’s good journalism. They had an attention grabbing headline, supported the headline in the first couple of paragraphs with the important stuff that tells the story, and then balanced it out with the context and substance (or lack thereof) 10 or so paragraphs down. Why are you such a conspiracy theorist to try to portray this as anything but good balanced journalism, unlike what they do at your favorite right wing sources? *
That's why I only believe CNN. Journalistic integrity is their mantra.

I think that a truly innocent person would have pleaded with the FBI for an unbridled investigation no matter how long it could take to fully clear his reputation and name.
He actually is doing exactly that, if you haven't heard. ;)

But he wasn't willing to hold up his appointment in a possible, brief window, when one Congresswoman and her staff felt it necessary to withhold it for 3 months until the last second. Had she disclosed it in private, outside the public view, in July, the President could have picked another candidate in-time, before any January change in Congress.

I.e. ...

I think the president did the country a disservice by doubling down on such a controversial candidate and further divided our country through his actions. But I am just one voter and the reality is that Kavanaugh now serves on the SC so I will continue to live my life. Come November I will express my opinions at the polls and engage with other voters to motivate them to do the same no matter what their opinion is.
Which is exactly why Feinstein withheld for 3 months.
She didn't want to give the Republicans the chance to change candidates, so Trump could be blamed.

You need to be blaming Feinstein as much as Trump.
I.e., these private meetings exist exactly for these purposes!
Feinstein and her staff omitted this information, and then skipped them ... "playing dumb" later ... all while they were securing attorneys for Ford.

It's all in the report that Rachel Mitchell provided as part of her summary ... Feinstein completely managed this.

Kavanaugh's nomination could have been withdrawn, without destroying his name and the ability to obtain work elsewhere.
Instead, the Democratic party stuck destroying a man's career with no evidence.
Yes, if you haven't heard, he had to withdraw from various avenues of employment as a result.

It's why I've feared the Democratic party more than the Republican party since 2006.
Throwing reporters in jail is not above their strategy.

And just like with Hill and Thomas, you have people involved in Congress and in the media who are far, far worse than even just the accusations against Kavanaugh.
Biden being chair on the Hill-Thomas committee was the most laughable aspect, just like several in this episode.

Reactions: Knight_Light
If only there was another supreme court nominee just before Brett, nominated by the same President, who went through confirmations without these "made up stories".

lmao at you guys
Just amazing....made up stories. Yeah....all 20 people (or more) that are providing feedback about how he acted in HS and college are all making it up. Even beer K's old roommate said beer K was lying.

Lmao another example of why I love this board. Insane batshit crazy conspiracy theories spouted with 100% conviction. Insanely hilarious.
The red hats believe anything FAUX news says, and nothing that the other 6 main news networks report. LOL.....faux news brainwashing....the republican agenda.

Just amazing....made up stories. Yeah....all 20 people (or more) that are providing feedback about how he acted in HS and college are all making it up.
Most of the people the media is reporting did not even know him in high school or college. That's the problem. Meanwhile, you have lots of people who actually knew him in HS and college actually vouching for his character. But the US media isn't reporting that.

Even beer K's old roommate said beer K was lying.
Really? Did the FBI say that? Or did the US media infer that? But even then ... and here's the kicker ...

So everyone who drinks is guilty of sexual assault? Or is that your assumption based on people you knew and how they acted? I think that's the problem here ... so many glass houses, so many people who have done far, far worse. Hillary Clinton herself included, in what she did to so many of her husband's accusers.

Virtually 80% of people I saw at parties are just as guilty of doing the same 'laundry' of Kavanaugh has admitted to. So ... he's a sexual assaulter?

The red hats believe anything FAUX news says, and nothing that the other 6 main news networks report. LOL.....faux news brainwashing....the republican agenda.
NOT, try picking a decent person. Not Beer-Lie-CHoir boy Kaven-beer
So because he drank, he assaulted women. Seriously ... 80% of you are guilty of this same 'laundry.' So you're all sexual assaulters too?

His career was over, if he didn't make it to the bench. That's just wrong.

It's sad it takes someone like me, who has never drank, and loathed irresponsible people who did -- men and women -- to point this out. You'all really need to stop throwing stones from inside of your glass houses.

Swetnick, Avenatti Referred for Criminal Investigation: Providing False Statements, Obstructing Congressional Investigations, and Conspiracy All Violate Federal Law https://t.co/wbfSSCfMfe

— Senate Judiciary (@senjudiciary) October 25, 2018

lol
I was wondering if the 3rd accuser's lawyer was going to find some 'return fire' in the end. I don't think the accuser herself will run into any legal troubles in the end, but her lawyer very much might.

Swetnick, Avenatti Referred for Criminal Investigation: Providing False Statements, Obstructing Congressional Investigations, and Conspiracy All Violate Federal Law https://t.co/wbfSSCfMfe

— Senate Judiciary (@senjudiciary) October 25, 2018

lol

I hope these people pay the price for their political stunt. Sad state of politics when they are willing to destroy a good person.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
I hope these people pay the price for their political stunt. Sad state of politics when they are willing to destroy a good person.

Anyone who cares one bit about due process and innocent until proven guilty should vote out every single Democrat involved in this disgusting attack campaign.

Feinstein was using this total lie invented by Avenatti and pushed by the media merely 3 days before the Kav vote and yet NBC knew months in advance that the allegations that supposedly came from Swetnick were utter falsified lies being pushed by a scum lawyer

Nope no agenda here. NBC is just a straight shooter.

Really sad what happened to a good man over politics.

You can whine all day long about 'the unfairness' of Kavanaugh having his reputation trashed but he is responsible for what happened to him.

The bottom line is that a spoiled, private school rich kid with country club parents got away with assaulting a young lady one drunken evening, got an Ivy League education, and made it to the Supreme Court.
In America anything can happen!

You can whine all day long about 'the unfairness' of Kavanaugh having his reputation trashed but he is responsible for what happened to him.

The bottom line is that a spoiled, private school rich kid with country club parents got away with assaulting a young lady one drunken evening, got an Ivy League education, and made it to the Supreme Court.
In America anything can happen!

He’s responsible for being accused of something that had not one shred of evidence or facts to back things up? He’s responsible for a nonsense allegation that was used as a pathetic political smear?

As I said, Democrats are content to destroy due process in this country if it fits them politically and you’re right there with them.

He’s responsible for being accused of something that had not one shred of evidence or facts to back things up? He’s responsible for a nonsense allegation that was used as a pathetic political smear?

Goodness gracious, chill dude. He got away with it for crying out loud. He's on our Supreme Court now.

Based on his 'passionate' defense, it's reassuring to know that we'll have an impartial person on the court who won't let politics influence his judgement. [eyeroll]

ADVERTISEMENT