ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday Night game @Uconn Score predictions

Dwooderson

Three-Star Recruit
Mar 1, 2015
Uconn's new OC believes in an attacking, no-huddle offense that uses multiple tempos, personnel groupings and formations.

Thoughts on score?

55-21 UCF

Vegas currently has us as 24 pt fav. No overs/unders yet.

It helps with the jitters with having a salty veteran QB. Our D should be use to the fast pace offense going against our O for the last few years. Should have more athletics and speed the Uconn.

Maybe close early but will be blowing the doors off towards the end.

Do they have a QB that can run this offense? I see lots of mistakes being made but RS isn't know for disguising defenses in order to fool young QBs.

I’m glad we are getting this game out of the way first. That way we aren’t there in November in 30 degree weather playing in sleet and rain.
and 20-25 mph wind....I was there in 2014. The most miserable sports event I have ever attended. The only warm place was in the bathroom. No amount of hot cocoa or tea even helped....and we lost....killing our chance to win the conference outright that year and be 10-2 going into bowl season. It took a last second FG by Penn State to beat us that year, even though we played barely half a game with a real QB playing, along with failing to convert a 4th and one at the goal line. We roughed the punter on another drive, and they ended up getting 7 out of it. We don't choke those games away we would have been 11-1. We would have been the top G5 program again, with our only loss coming to #16 (BCS) Mizzou. Hard to imagine how close we came to this, and then couldn't win a game next season, and we definitely looked like the worst team in the country that year.

Reactions: Knight Strength
and 20-25 mph wind....I was there in 2014. The most miserable sports event I have ever attended. The only warm place was in the bathroom. No amount of hot cocoa or tea even helped....and we lost....killing our chance to win the conference outright that year and be 10-2 going into bowl season. It took a last second FG by Penn State to beat us that year, even though we played barely half a game with a real QB playing, along with failing to convert a 4th and one at the goal line. We roughed the punter on another drive, and they ended up getting 7 out of it. We don't choke those games away we would have been 11-1. We would have been the top G5 program again, with our only loss coming to #16 (BCS) Mizzou. Hard to imagine how close we came to this, and then couldn't win a game next season, and we definitely looked like the worst team in the country that year.

Yep. It’s crazy to think we were probably going to back to a NY6 bowl game but we blew it in UConn.

I'll give 2 numbers ...

Best: 47-14 -- new 4-3 D is moderately conservative, but rushing 4-5 works, several D turnovers

Worst: 38-28 -- new 4-3 D is too conservative, UConn gets 4TDs as a result, not many D turnovers

Didn’t we lose 4 games? That wasn’t a NY6 worthy team. Mostly because of Holman who was inconsistent at best.

Reactions: UCFBS and Mikesi
Didn’t we lose 4 games? That wasn’t a NY6 worthy team. Mostly because of Holman who was inconsistent at best.
That was absolutely not a NY6 worthy team

Missouri crushed us and NC State thoroughly outplayed us until a last minute comeback
We needed a Hail Mary to beat ECU who outplayed us. Then there was UConn
Holman WAS erratic after Penn State who wasn’t great either. Should have won THAT game

Reactions: Pridecfl and UCFBS
Everyone is underestimating how many points this team will score. JH knows he has to run up scores as well, which is good because he doesn’t believe in running out the clock

Reactions: KnightLife1
I don't know how a new UConn offense with a new UConn QB is going to outscore us. Seems like their best plan would be ball control.

If both teams are running an up tempo game it should be every entertaining. Especially if we dominate

We were 9-3 headed to bowl season with a last second loss to Penn State in Dublin in a game we gave away. That and the UConn loss and we could have been 11-1 and would have played in a NY6 game. That’s all he was saying.

We were 9-3 headed to bowl season with a last second loss to Penn State in Dublin in a game we gave away. That and the UConn loss and we could have been 11-1 and would have played in a NY6 game. That’s all he was saying.
I guess we would have played Arizona instead of Boise. Maybe gotten blown out

I guess we would have played Arizona instead of Boise. Maybe gotten blown out
Yeah team wasn’t good enough. Last year we could have lost 3 or 4. They were good enough to not lose those tight ones. Mostly due to QB play. 2 years ago we lose 7 games because of QB play. Last year we didn’t lose any for same reason. Holman wasn’t good enough for NY6.

Nobody knows what would have happened in a NY6 bowl. 2013 we were mounting last minute comebacks against teams with 1 or 2 wins on the season but showed out in the Fiesta.

51 - 21 KNIGHTS with UCONN putting in a late TD to get it to the 30 PT cover a 31 point spread

ADVERTISEMENT