ADVERTISEMENT

Tickets to Pitt: Not Going Through UCF Athletics

CBlackwellRN

Silver Knight
Oct 21, 2001
Orlando, Florida
drchristopherblackwell.com
Hello fellow Knights fans! Just curious as to where everyone is planning to get tix to the Pitt game. My dad and I always attend one away UCF game per season as a father-son tradition and we chose Pitt this year. After getting really crappy seats to the Navy game in 2017 (and many other away games throughout the years), we learned that to get the best seats, it’s best to go through the away team’s Athletics Ticket Office.

We got amazing seats to the Memphis game last year through the Memphis Athletics Ticket Department (right on the 50, about 15 rows up from the field). The only downside in doing this—you don’t get to sit with your fellow Knights and you take the risk of getting stuck next to a few rude home fans with poor sportsmanship.

But, since the away seats tend to be garbage seats stuck in the end zone (and UCF Athletics doesn’t profit from those ticket sales anyway), sitting around a few obnoxious home fans was worth the trade off of getting a fantastic viewpoint of the game. Has anyone else sought out tickets for the Pitt game outside of the UCF Athletics’ allotment?

GO KNIGHTS! BEAT THE RATTLERS!

Chris

Hello fellow Knights fans! Just curious as to where everyone is planning to get tix to the Pitt game. My dad and I always attend one away UCF game per season as a father-son tradition and we chose Pitt this year. After getting really crappy seats to the Navy game in 2017 (and many other away games throughout the years), we learned that to get the best seats, it’s best to go through the away team’s Athletics Ticket Office.

We got amazing seats to the Memphis game last year through the Memphis Athletics Ticket Department (right on the 50, about 15 rows up from the field). The only downside in doing this—you don’t get to sit with your fellow Knights and you take the risk of getting stuck next to a few rude home fans with poor sportsmanship.

But, since the away seats tend to be garbage seats stuck in the end zone (and UCF Athletics doesn’t profit from those ticket sales anyway), sitting around a few obnoxious home fans was worth the trade off of getting a fantastic viewpoint of the game. Has anyone else sought out tickets for the Pitt game outside of the UCF Athletics’ allotment?

Chris
I always go through Stubhub or Vivid seats for away games. You only live once and away games are unique experiences. There are Knight fans throughout any away game stadium.

I’m assuming price isn’t a huge issue. Get the best seats you can afford IMO.

Additionally, I always buy on the UCF (visitors) side. For the Memphis game, I was at the 50 yard line, 3rd row for about $60. I was literally 10-15 feet from MM when he grabbed the telephone to call up to the booth to discuss the “bone” play call or the offensive series afterwards. Can’t remember exactly. Taj and Quadry were right there as well. Unfortunately, I was too wet, cold,distracted, and fired up to take any pics. Haha

This year, I may buy last minute as prices always drop except for the Peach Bowl. Another poster mentioned FAU might be a hot ticket, but Pittsburgh isn’t probably going to get as many UCF fans traveling as Boca, so maybe you can wait.

Last edited:
I always go through Stubhub or Vivid seats for away games. You only live once and away games are unique experiences. There are Knight fans throughout any away game stadium.

I’m assuming price isn’t a huge issue. Get the best seats you can afford IMO.

Additionally, I always buy on the UCF (visitors) side. For the Memphis game, I was at the 50 yard line, 3rd row for about $60. I was literally 10-15 feet from MM when he grabbed the telephone to call up to the booth to discuss the “bone” play call or the offensive series afterwards. Can’t remember exactly. Taj and Quadry were right there as well. Unfortunately, I was too wet, cold,distracted, and fired up to take any pics. Haha

This year, I may buy last minute as prices always drop except for the Peach Bowl. Another poster mentioned FAU might be a hot ticket, but Pittsburgh isn’t probably going to get as many UCF fans traveling as Boca, so maybe you can wait.
Good points. I can’t believe I’m missing traveling to the FAU game! But I’ll be out of the country with my other half celebrating our 10th year anniversary. I figured that game would probably be safe to miss.

I almost always buy through UCF, mainly because I know I will be sitting with a bunch of rabid UCF fans. I hate being at an away game sitting with a bunch of opposing fans watching the UCF sections go nuts. Do you get bad seats? yes. Do you have more fun? IMO yes
Respectfully disagree my friend. I love sitting with UCF fans. But missing 1/2 the plays by getting stuck in the end zone isn’t worth it, IMO.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Newsflash. Sometimes away team fans are actually pretty cool and our own fans are obnoxious and drunk. Only sometimes though :grimace:

You only live once. If it’s a big game and/or you can afford it, get good seats

Newsflash. Sometimes away team fans are actually pretty cool and our own fans are obnoxious and drunk. Only sometimes though :grimace:

You only live once. If it’s a big game and/or you can afford it, get good seats
Exactly. Away games are where rub elbows with new fanbases, talk shit, take it in and enjoy the day. Fan visiting section is like getting a new seat assignment at Spectrum.

Chris
I'm going through UCF :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT