ADVERTISEMENT

Topics for Baylor Week

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
Is Gus's offense the problem? This week will tell the tale. If there are structural problems with Gus's offense, they will show up Saturday. Baylor's Dave Aranda has faced Gus's offense four times as an assistant and never tasted defeat. If Baylor can hold Gus's offense to three offensive touchdowns (and force special teams and/or defense to account for the other points), then cause for concern is warranted.

Conference Home Opener: This is the real litmus test. The Bears have been P5 for 40 years and were Big 12 champs in 2021.. This is a much better test for UCF as the Knights do not have a true Power 5 roster yet. I don't like the -11.5 spread, and I hate the 3:30 pm kickoff. Baylor is a proud program and has some really good defensive players. Damn the stadium lights. Play these games at night!

Offensive Line Shuffle: UCF has had a different starting offensive line each week and probably will have another new lineup this week. Here is the problem. Amari Kight is the best tackle on the team. If Kight plays right tackle, the Marcellus Marshall has to play left guard. If Marshall plays left guard, Bula Schmidt, the second best guard at worst, is on the bench. Then, there's the center position. Does UCF stick with Caden or back go back to Drake? Will Alec Holler be ready or will Pittman have to start for the second straight week?

Soul-Searching On Defense: UCF got embarrassed last week. Baylor has been rumored to return its quarterback. This is a good game to rebound. Baylor's best players are on defense so the Knights should show out. Barber and Mask should be back to 100%. Mask by the way is developing into an NFL prospect at nickel cornerback.

Last edited:
Thanks

I thought Kitler did a fine job, better than Matt Lee in his first start ;). I think he should continue to play with Timmy.

Beyond that, the OL is as you described, a hodgepodge. Some good, not great, players but they've been shuffled around so much it's got to be hard to really come together and form a real unit. I'm blown away this is the situation we're in. F*cking Lee.

I always feel great about our skill positions against just about any defense in the land. So long as they limit errors, they can match up.

As far as the scheme, you're educating me on that, let's hope we sprinkle in just enough Hinshaw to keep things honest. Let's pray Timmy stays mindful under pressure, because it's likely to happen again. Take care of the ball and limit brain farts.

Based on Lee Hunter's presser I have faith the defense is going to play with their collective hair on fire and will work hard on staying disciplined. "Little John" Walker's going to have a coming-out party. I believe he's going to be fired up and will register his first sack and add to his TFLs.

Thanks

I thought Kitler did a fine job, better than Matt Lee in his first start ;). I think he should continue to play with Timmy.

Beyond that, the OL is as you described, a hodgepodge. Some good, not great, players but they've been shuffled around so much it's got to be hard to really come together and form a real unit. I'm blown away this is the situation we're in. F*cking Lee.

I always feel great about our skill positions against just about any defense in the land. So long as they limit errors, they can match up.

As far as the scheme, you're educating me on that, let's hope we sprinkle in just enough Hinshaw to keep things honest. Let's pray Timmy stays mindful under pressure, because it's likely to happen again. Take care of the ball and limit brain farts.

Based on Lee Hunter's presser I have faith the defense is going to play with their collective hair on fire and will work hard on staying disciplined. "Little John" Walker's going to have a coming-out party. I believe he's going to be fired up and will register his first sack and add to his TFLs.
I wouldn't mind seeing more that just a "sprinkle" of Hinshaw.

Reactions: major.tom.foolery
I wouldn't mind seeing more that just a "sprinkle" of Hinshaw.
Straight up...I don't even know what Hinshaws offense looks like? Does anyone? The offense last week for the most part worked. A handful plays it didn't and Timmy's mad dash losing 12 yards is on Timmy ,not Gus or Hinshaw.
We lost because K State had a better offense and scheme against our defense. If we lose to Baylor I predict its on the defense.

Thanks

Matt one of the few recruits that grew up a Knight and ditches the Program that really needed him

Forgot to include...

Top 5 Teams in the Big 12 (based on current resumes)

No. 1, Texas
Most consistent team in the league

No. 2, Choklahoma
Won at Nippert, which is never easy to do.

No. 3, Kansas State
Played incredible against UCF.

No. 4, Kansas
Undefeated but probably not on K-State's level.

No. 5, TCU
After hiccupping in the opener, the Horned Frogs are one of the hotter teams in the conference.

Last edited:
Baylor has lost seven of their last eight games and their only win during that time is against an FCS team.

Baylor has lost seven of their last eight games and their only win during that time is against an FCS team.

Since you posted the same nonsense twice...

During that span, Baylor lost by 1 point to the eventual National Runner Up TCU. Two losses were to Texas, one to Big 12 champ K-State, one to Top 10 Utah, and one to Air Force, arguably the best G5 team in America.

Since you posted the same nonsense twice...

During that span, Baylor lost by 1 point to the eventual National Runner Up TCU. Two losses were to Texas, one to Big 12 champ K-State, one to Top 10 Utah, and one to Air Force, arguably the best G5 team in America.
They lost to Texas State this year. This dude trying to make it seem like Baylor is anything but trash. They lost 7 out of their last 8 games. They lost to Texas State at home. Baylor scored 6 points against Texas (at Baylor). Do you understand?

Beating his chest because his little team beat up on Temple. Bless your heart.
UCF played one P5 team and LOST. Welp. Malzon calling timeouts with 30 seconds left down by 20 with all of the starters in the game. lmao.

Last edited:
UCF played one P5 team and LOST. Welp. Malzon calling timeouts with 30 seconds left down by 20 with all of the starters in the game. lmao.

Let's settle this...

What were the 2022 records of teams the u has played this year?

6-7, 5-7, 2-9, 3-9 = 16-32

What were the records of the teams UCF has played this year?

5-7, 10-4, 6-5, 10-4 = 31-20

Congrats on the 4-0 record or should I say congrats to whomever does the u scheduling?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT