ADVERTISEMENT

Track/XC coaching cleaned out and new hires

vroomba

Five-Star Recruit
Jan 23, 2012
New director is Roger Kingdom, 2 time olympic gold medalist in the 110 hurdles, and is coming from the Arizona Cardinals where he was assistant strength and conditioning coach. Novlene Mills the assistant, medaled at Rio. Distance coach Scott March seems like a good pickup too. Hoping White is setting up a mens program soon, but I think Kingdom can give good advice for the football training and brings good experience.

We would have to add 37 women sports because of title 9.
UF, FSU, Miami, and USF have found a way to have a Mens Program

Don't want to lose a recruit who wants to be a 2 Sport Athlete, would be good for the Football Program. It would be fun to watch Killins at a few Track Meets

Reactions: Mikesi
UF, FSU, Miami, and USF have found a way to have a Mens Program

Don't want to lose a recruit who wants to be a 2 Sport Athlete, would be good for the Football Program. It would be fun to watch Killins at a few Track Meets
We would have to find a women's sport that has the same amount of athletes and also find more money. The only reason we have a women's crew team is to offset the scholarships we give the football team. The crew coaches literally walk around campus the first weeks of Fall semester looking for girls to give crew scholarships.

I get the Title 9 challenges but figured it would be more of a priority to complement the Football Program. It also gives the chance of more exposure for UCF if we get an athlete with world class talent, see the summer Olympic games with Gator Swimmers & the Male Track Athletes from other Universities

Wait, what happened to the previous coaches?
Whatever happened to the planned women’s swim program. I think that would have been popular and well supported by students as well as the East Orlando community.

Why couldn’t UCF partner with the YMCA and build a top notch swim facility in East Orlando. It could serve UCF, club team development and competition and underserved kids in the East Orlando community.

Whatever happened to the planned women’s swim program. I think that would have been popular and well supported by students as well as the East Orlando community.

Why couldn’t UCF partner with the YMCA and build a top notch swim facility in East Orlando. It could serve UCF, club team development and competition and underserved kids in the East Orlando community.
My guess is the usual culprit: $$$.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT