ADVERTISEMENT

Traffic Stop of Black Army Officer

He may be a bad cop. I don’t know anything about him. That doesn’t change what that video shows, which is that he was chasing someone who had a gun and had to make a microsecond life or death decision on whether or not he still had the gun when he turned around very quickly.
He turned around with both hands exposed and in the air.
If the cop that shot Ashli Babbitt had a history of beating his wife, how should that factor into the case?
I'm flabbergasted we have people here who are defending insurrectionists. No wonder we still have statues honoring Civil War traitors.

He turned around with both hands exposed and in the air.

I'm flabbergasted we have people here who are defending insurrectionists. No wonder we still have statues honoring Civil War traitors.
You are defending a person that illegally had a gun and committed a felony with it.

Your virtue signal is growing dim.

Reactions: _glaciers
A footnote given she, in the middle of an insurrection, was actively rushing through a barrier where elected officials were sheltering. After having an infinite amount of chances to leave the facility she had no lawful reason to be in.

As for the cop in general, if that is the case, certainly something that should be looked at in general. Ideally, anyone that was proven to be violent and/or convicted of a crime shouldn’t be anywhere near a badge.

Babbitt was certainly no angel and definitely got what was coming to her. So sad she went down the Trump conspiracy rabbit hole.
She got what was coming to her, huh?

You are defending a person that illegally had a gun and committed a felony with it.

Your virtue signal is growing dim.
I'm not defending the kid. My first thought was where are the parents? The kid is out running around at 2:30 in the morning.

On the other hand, the kid had his hands up and exposed -- just as the cop shouted out that he needed to do.

A footnote given she, in the middle of an insurrection, was actively rushing through a barrier where elected officials were sheltering. After having an infinite amount of chances to leave the facility she had no lawful reason to be in.

As for the cop in general, if that is the case, certainly something that should be looked at in general. Ideally, anyone that was proven to be violent and/or convicted of a crime shouldn’t be anywhere near a badge.

Babbitt was certainly no angel and definitely got what was coming to her. So sad she went down the Trump conspiracy rabbit hole.
The essence of your argument with Ashley Babbitt is that embroiling yourself into a conflict with cops maybe doesn't warrant getting shot 100% of the time, but it invites the chance of it happening. I agree with that 100%, regardless of her political affiliation/convictions.

All we're asking is that yall apply the same standards, and disregard your political narrative when deciding what to get outraged over.

The essence of your argument with Ashley Babbitt is that embroiling yourself into a conflict with cops maybe doesn't warrant getting shot 100% of the time, but it invites the chance of it happening. I agree with that 100%, regardless of her political affiliation/convictions.

All we're asking is that yall apply the same standards, and disregard your political narrative when deciding what to get outraged over.
The essence of my argument is that the insurrectionist tried to do an insurrection against the US government while legislators were present. And as a result, she was shot.

That doesn’t quite compare to someone getting shot after conflicting orders from police or getting shot in the back, etc.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Nope. Looking back no real reason why I didn't and honestly not even sure why it didn't cross my mind. I was pretty damn young and that probably had something to do with it but you're right, that would have been a wise thing to do.
It’s understandable that you didn’t. I’ve had my car turned out not far from Bethune Cookman because I didn’t belong in a neighborhood that I lived in. Had an officer in Sierra Vista, AZ give me a ration of shit because I took a turn too wide in a shitty Buick rental car. Had a State Trooper ream my ass out because I stopped on the side of I4 to help my step-brother who had broken down. Apparently he thought that I was backing up along the shoulder but I don’t remember doing that. I thought he was going to pull me out of the car for sure. Because I grew up in poor areas, I’ve always been nervous as hell about police interactions. So I understand where you all are coming from.

But I also now know the other side of the story as well and it’s simply not what it’s being painted as by the media and by people that only interact with police when they do something wrong.

The situation at the Capitol was well past zero at that point.
Did the cop tell her to stop? Warn her that he was going to shoot? Attempt to physically subdue her in a way that wasn't deadly? Try to talk her down like a psychologist would?

Did the cop tell her to stop? Warn her that he was going to shoot? Attempt to physically subdue her in a way that wasn't deadly? Try to talk her down like a psychologist would?
Good God, did you see the video? You act like the Capitol officer was dealing with a single person.

There was an angry mob breaking into the building at the same time. The only thing that separated Babbitt from all the other insurrectionists is that she was the first one to enter through the just-smashed window.

Good God, did you see the video? You act like the Capitol officer was dealing with a single person.

There was an angry mob breaking into the building at the same time. The only thing that separated Babbitt from all the other insurrectionists is that she was the first one to enter through the just-smashed window.
Oh. So an angry mob may actually be something a cop needs to take into consideration.

Tell me more, please.

Oh. So an angry mob may actually be something a cop needs to take into consideration.

Tell me more, please.
A few things a Capitol cop needs to consider before resorting to deadly force:
  • Is this a minor case of trespassing or is the Capitol under attack?
  • Is the mob outside the Capitol doors doing something? You know, like storming the US Capitol by breaking through the doors and windows?
  • As a security officer, am I sworn to protect the US Congressmen and women in the building?
  • Are there US Senators on the floor directly above me?
  • If I choose not to respond, what's going to happen to those Senators if this mob storms their chamber?

A few things a Capitol cop needs to consider before resorting to deadly force:
  • Is this a minor case of trespassing or is the Capitol under attack?
  • Is the mob outside the Capitol doors doing something? You know, like storming the US Capitol by breaking through the doors and windows?
  • As a security officer, am I sworn to protect the US Congressmen and women in the building?
  • Are there US Senators on the floor directly above me?
  • If I choose not to respond, what's going to happen to those Senators if this mob storms their chamber?
Agreed. It's up to the cop to read the terrain and respond accordingly. If there is a danger to him or others in his mind, we should defer to their judgment.

The essence of my argument is that the insurrectionist tried to do an insurrection against the US government while legislators were present. And as a result, she was shot.

That doesn’t quite compare to someone getting shot after conflicting orders from police or getting shot in the back, etc.
so you think one person is singlehandedly capable of an insurrection? lemme guess, you think its impossible for a small group of people to rig votes, though.

you're trying to over-nuance situations so you can stay beholden to your political narrative. The "conflicting orders" Army dude wasn't shot. And there's no rule that cops are only allowed to shoot if you're facing them, try to understand how ridiculous it sounds that you complained about a criminal being shot in the back. by that logic, as soon as a criminal starts to run, they are free to go.

Each person got exactly what was coming to them. You thrust yourself into stupid situations, and you get stupid results as a reward. But you don't care about logical consistency, you care about virtual back-pats from strangers on the internet because you're too weak to exercise a little intellectual honesty.

so you think one person is singlehandedly capable of an insurrection? lemme guess, you think its impossible for a small group of people to rig votes, though.

you're trying to over-nuance situations so you can stay beholden to your political narrative. The "conflicting orders" Army dude wasn't shot. And there's no rule that cops are only allowed to shoot if you're facing them, try to understand how ridiculous it sounds that you complained about a criminal being shot in the back. by that logic, as soon as a criminal starts to run, they are free to go.

Each person got exactly what was coming to them. You thrust yourself into stupid situations, and you get stupid results as a reward. But you don't care about logical consistency, you care about virtual back-pats from strangers on the internet because you're too weak to exercise a little intellectual honesty.
You’re not making any sense.

I'm not defending the kid. My first thought was where are the parents? The kid is out running around at 2:30 in the morning.

On the other hand, the kid had his hands up and exposed -- just as the cop shouted out that he needed to do.
The paused video still with his hands in the air doesn’t tell the whole story by a long shot.

Maybe watch this video.

Where were Ashley’s parents. Why hasn’t anyone looked into that.

FYI, the officer who killed the 13 year old kid in Chicago had three previous complaints filed against him that went nowhere.

I was told that filing reports is an effective tool to weed out bad cops. lmao @ these trump cultists.

The paused video is what the cop saw immediately after the kid turned around with his hands in the air as the cop commanded.

Guess what? A reporter can't perform surgery like a professional surgeon either.
That’s your takeaway? You really have made up your mind on this one without any consideration for how quickly that decision hato be made and how high the stakes are if you decide not to shoot and you’re wrong. I’m sure you’ve made your mind up about the next officer involved shooting as well, which says a lot about you.

He didn’t see the kid toss the gun, and so all he knows is that he had a gun and abruptly stopped and turned around.

If you make that a crime by charging him, nobody should ever choose to be a cop, because you’re asking them to put themselves in extremely dangerous situations and removing the ability for them to protect themselves.

Last edited:
He didn’t see the kid toss the gun, and so all he knows is that he had a gun and abruptly stopped and turned around.
Yep, turned around with his hands exposed and in the air.
If you make that a crime by charging him, nobody should ever choose to be a cop, because you’re asking them to put themselves in extremely dangerous situations and removing the ability for them to protect themselves.
Thanks to people like you, we live in an 'everybody has a gun' world so OF COURSE police are confronted with extremely dangerous situations. But pardon me if I'm don't defend a cop who shoots a 13 year old kid with his arms raised and his hands empty.

Yep, turned around with his hands exposed and in the air.

Thanks to people like you, we live in an 'everybody has a gun' world so OF COURSE police are confronted with extremely dangerous situations. But pardon me if I'm don't defend a cop who shoots a 13 year old kid with his arms raised and his hands empty.
You will parrot whatever the media tells you to without questioning it every time.

How long had his hands been empty?

Bullshit. It was less than 1 second.
Enough time to see the kid surrendering before he pulls the damn trigger.

If the cop was going to shoot him all along, why in the hell was he yelling for the kid to stop, turnaround, and have his hands up in the air? In the split second it took this amped-up police officer to fire, he failed to notice the kid had just surrendered to him. That's exactly the kind of split-second decision-making that cops train over and over for so they're not doing exactly what this cop did: shooting a defenseless man or an innocent bystander.

Enough time to see the kid surrendering before he pulls the damn trigger.

If the cop was going to shoot him all along, why in the hell was he yelling for the kid to stop, turnaround, and have his hands up in the air? In the split second it took this amped-up police officer to fire, he failed to notice the kid had just surrendered to him. That's exactly the kind of split-second decision-making that cops train over and over for so they're not doing exactly what this cop did: shooting a defenseless man or an innocent bystander.
“Show me your hands“ doesn’t mean whirl around. The kid needed to put his hands up before he whipped around to face the officer. But he wasn‘t thinking that way because he was excited and scared and 13. But you know when he wasn’t excited and scared? When he decided he was going to be out in the middle of the night with a gun. Maybe criticize the person who made a decision that wasn’t in the heat of the moment with their life on the line in a dark alley.

The bottom line is this kid is the one who put the cop in a position to need to make the split second choice of whether he wanted to gamble on waiting to see if the kid had dropped the gun, which he had not seen him do and could not have seen him do in that period of time. Gamble on that and if you’re right, everything goes well. If you’re wrong, your partner knocks on your door that night and tells your wife and your kids you’re never coming home.

You want to blame the cop for not gambling his life for this kid’s. You clearly have no appreciation for the difficulty of what cops do because you don’t want them to get the benefit of the doubt even in the face of impossible decisions.

“Show me your hands“ doesn’t mean whirl around. The kid needed to put his hands up before he whipped around to face the officer. But he wasn‘t thinking that way because he was excited and scared and 13.
Yep, it was the kid's fault for turning around with his hands up too quickly.
You want to blame the cop for not gambling his life for this kid’s. You clearly have no appreciation for the difficulty of what cops do because you don’t want them to get the benefit of the doubt even in the face of impossible decisions.
This was never a face-off. The kid was running away from him and only turned around when the cop ordered him to.

This was never a face-off. The kid was running away from him and only turned around when the cop ordered him to.
of all the videos you watched involving 13 year olds this week, was this one your least favorite? you seem pretty eat up by it

No, he only turned around when he found a spot to throw the gun behind a fence in the same motion as turning around.

No, he only turned around when he found a spot to throw the gun behind a fence in the same motion as turning around.
No? I said he turned around with his hands up and exposed too quickly. How does your 'b-b-but he threw away his gun' change what I said?

No? I said he turned around with his hands up and exposed too quickly. How does your 'b-b-but he threw away his gun' change what I said?
This whole argument does nothing to dispute the fact that it was too close to call. When in doubt, blow his brains out. The kid had his chance, but unfortunately, he messed up. The officer lives to see another day. Gangbanger is dead. Society is better off.

This whole argument does nothing to dispute the fact that it was too close to call. When in doubt, blow his brains out. The kid had his chance, but unfortunately, he messed up. The officer lives to see another day. Gangbanger is dead. Society is better off.
Idk that I’d put all of it quite the way you did, but basically yeah. If it’s really close, we have to give cops the benefit of the doubt.

And we have to stop acting like this kid is some martyr. Anyone using this to tell their kids about police brutality and not as a warning about falling in with the wrong friends is missing the point completely.

How do you solve the problem of this 13 year old and the thousands of others running with gangs in this country? The parents are the ones that should be held accountable but most of these kids only have one parent and are we going to put that parent in jail? Where would that leave this kid and any siblings? Would they be better or worse off in state custody?

How do you solve the problem of this 13 year old and the thousands of others running with gangs in this country? The parents are the ones that should be held accountable but most of these kids only have one parent and are we going to put that parent in jail? Where would that leave this kid and any siblings? Would they be better or worse off in state custody?
You don't.

Parents? LMAO.

lmao the same cult members blaming parents are the ones who are voting to disenfranchise those parents and their parent's parents, then complain about it.

• Dislike
Reactions: Ucfmikes
lmao the same cult members blaming parents are the ones who are voting to disenfranchise those parents and their parent's parents, then complain about it.
168074262_486900222443500_2797182252133697475_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes
ADVERTISEMENT