ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Fisher will be the 1st Assistant that..

Probably left because unsure of being retained here, but the previous HC should/could have left assistants here like Walters and Beck- you know here at the place and players he "loves" until it was known they wouldn't be retained at UCF.

I assume Walters is staying on as OC. I haven't heard anything about that, but seeing we aren't normally changing coaching staffs every three years like most P5 programs do just wondered how long before the entire coaching staff is normally finalized.

$ and putting onnyour resume that you have P5 coaching experience. He gets to experience life in a different program. For his long term career, if that is his goal to keep coavhing, probably a smart decision.

For the most part, coaches are like that guy on the other team you don't like, until somehow he ends up on your team, and you're like "yes!". Let him get experience. You never know what the future holds.

I assume Walters is staying on as OC. I haven't heard anything about that, but seeing we aren't normally changing coaching staffs every three years like most P5 programs do just wondered how long before the entire coaching staff is normally finalized.
I would not be surprised to see him here, or in Nebraska. Will be more $$ in redville. But here he might become the true OC. Who knows if Coach H. even wants him. Beckton is much more likely to stay.

Really don't understand the venom towards Travis....he has to manage his career, has no guarantee he would be retained here....and for all our strengths, the defensive backfield was our weak link....

I wish him well, hope he succeeds.

Whatever he does, I won't judge him. Stay at your alma mater and be a part of the great things we are going to do while working under Randy Shannon or chase the money and the P5 prestige and work under Chinaner? Pros and cons of both.

$ and putting onnyour resume that you have P5 coaching experience. He gets to experience life in a different program. For his long term career, if that is his goal to keep coavhing, probably a smart decision.

For the most part, coaches are like that guy on the other team you don't like, until somehow he ends up on your team, and you're like "yes!". Let him get experience. You never know what the future holds.

This. He doubled up his salary, and adds a blue blood (historically) program to his resume. Cherry on top is if he turns his secondary around.

Makes 100% scents why he left.

There's not enough room to groom UCF alums. Beckton is the choice for now. Travis seemed to have an ebb and flow history with us since his playing days.

Are he and Chins single? I can suspect it probably has to do with personal issues involving players and fraternizing with women and cheerleaders.**

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT