ADVERTISEMENT

Tre’Mon Morris-Brash gone???

If kids want to get paid, schools need to get rid of scholarships and force them to spend money being a student-athlete, therefore investing both time and money where they are playing. Schools should should then also be able to cut players whenever they feel like it, like is done in pro leagues. Players get signed for different lengths of time. Players get paid value based on their abilities, which means some get more and some get less. Players can also make more money with side-deals they create/find. Right now college football is a bastardized semi-pro league. They need to either stay “amateurs” (but that ship has sailed) or it needs to be run like most other pro leagues where they get paid to play but most other benefits go away.

Reactions: kgraymd
That would be a W-2. NIL isn’t a W-2 tax situation. It’s up to the athlete to self tax on 1099. Probably should pay quarterly so it’s not one huge lump sum. They are going to have to hire agents and accountants to keep up. There goes 10% of money after the 20%+ they have to pay in taxes.
You can lie on your federal tax filing, but if you're audited, you're in trouble.

You can lie on your federal tax filing, but if you're audited, you're in trouble.
Pretty sure if anyone gets more than $20,000 and they don’t file or say they made Pennies they will get audited. But I’ve only left a job I only had for a month or so off of a year. So not sure the likelihood of getting busted but I wouldn’t try to get away with it if I were them.

Looks like this Kingdom NIL has signed up a lot of key guys recently. All the Twitter posts say the same exact thing, word for word. Interesting…

ADVERTISEMENT